Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also adding my disappointment that early reservation holders (and current owners) get no advantage what so ever over the general public.
We put down the cash over 3 years ago and as of today anyone can just jump on and order a car and get it in August. Pretty poor form.
But did you really think they were going to send a special boat just for reservation holders? It makes sense to gather all orders and then maybe they will dispatch ours first.

Apparently the LR AWD uses a less powerful rear motor, where the Performance "Lite" uses the regular RWD motor. Could be a bit of manufacturing simplification at work here - only manufacture 1 rear motor and 1 front motor.
The rear motors are the same in all M3 variants. They are spec'd differently, in the same way that CPU manufacturers test their chips and bin them to different levels.

It may be that the differences are negligible, but no way to know until someone plays around.

We've seen this before. The original P85 motor vs the S85 motor. Tesla said there were differences but teardowns showed they were the same. Wk057 flashed his S85 motor with the P85 motor firmware and then suddenly had a P85. No problems. Probably no warranty then though...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: baillies
Did anyone notice this error, the car morphs into a model S though the contract.. lol
Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 7.13.19 am.png

Reactions: baillies
That document mentions their order number, I can't see anything like that on the documentation I have received. The only number is the reservation number that was generated when I reserved back in April. Are they using that number?

Instructions will be here - it is the invoice number the uk used, not order number (Booking Invoice document not there yet for me).
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezGKzxpRB-37mR_CCVSs-KmYqAa1mn2WLpqYTie92o7wmAWA/

I pulled the trigger for blue SR+ last night for the black seats, and see if white opens up.

If you're a West Aussie resident and have just ordered a model 3 or are hesitant to purchase due to the lack of a dedicated service centre in Perth head along to the WA Tesla owners club meetup tomorrow at Heathcote on the river, a good opportunity to ask questions about local issues including insurance, servicing, tyres, charging ang long distance travel-https://www.tocwa.org.au/2019/05/29/casual-meetup-sunday-2nd-june/

• Informative
Reactions: Dakah3 and Chuq
I just made the move - was hoping for a LR AWD but went for performance lite (may switch back if LR AWD gets added ) - hoping for tow hitch option too but hey - not a deal breaker.

YOUR MODEL 3
Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

Bring on august !

Once the order is placed, and haven’t had a Tesla before you can download the Tesla App and log in and watch tutorial videos whilst waiting for August!
Your app will not work until Tesla assigns your car to it. This happens about 1 to 2 days after delivery. In the mean time it will say words to the effect “No car associated with this account.”

Reactions: paulp
Your app will not work until Tesla assigns your car to it. This happens about 1 to 2 days after delivery. In the mean time it will say words to the effect “No car associated with this account.”
Mine was showing "Welcome to the Tesla family, let's begin by walking through the Model 3's features with these videos" yesterday. Now back to "no products associated with this account"

Reactions: TonyEm