Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on this, I would assume that the reduction in stamp duty should be seen prior to delivery, as this is calculated just before delivery is taken.. so i hope so!

"The Total Price indicated on the Vehicle Configuraon is our esmate of the drive away price of your vehicle. Because your delivery date is in the future and individual circumstances may vary, we are not able to determine the actual amount of these charges until closer to the actual time of delivery and aer we have confirmed delivery informaon with you. The final Total Price will be presented to you on your Final Price Sheet as your delivery date nears."

So despite having ordered already, I often visit the Model 3 configurator to check if anything's changed (already had that FSD price change). Today I found there's been another change, not to the core cost of the car from Tesla, but being July 1st, to the stamp duty and on-road fees charged. This varies between states.

Some models, like the Model 3 Perf in Pearl white (if you buy in VIC) got as much as $899.00 cheaper today. Some Tesla Model 3s got A$899 cheaper today in Australia - techAU

So despite having ordered already, I often visit the Model 3 configurator to check if anything's changed (already had that FSD price change). Today I found there's been another change, not to the core cost of the car from Tesla, but being July 1st, to the stamp duty and on-road fees charged. This varies between states.

Some models, like the Model 3 Perf in Pearl white (if you buy in VIC) got as much as $899.00 cheaper today. Some Tesla Model 3s got A$899 cheaper today in Australia - techAU

Welcome to the forum!
Dont worry, visiting the configurator every day and checking your portal every day for a changed word or picture inflicts many tesla buyers. Its often been called teslaritis. There is a cure though. Receiving your car.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
Welcome to the forum!
Dont worry, visiting the configurator every day and checking your portal every day for a changed word or picture inflicts many tesla buyers. Its often been called teslaritis. There is a cure though. Receiving your car.
Sigh, if the cure was receiving ones car I wouldn't be typing this.
I used this forum as a form of therapy during the interminable wait in 2016.

Sigh, if the cure was receiving ones car I wouldn't be typing this.
I used this forum as a form of therapy during the interminable wait in 2016.
I was diagnosed with Teslaritis once I placed my order for my Model 3. Only remedy I found was ordering some recommended accessories. Just received my centre console wrap and screen protector. Hopefully I’ll get the other stuff over the next month or so until the car arrives

Found it. Price of the car has remained, the Stamp Duty in VIC has been reduced.
Correct, it’s due to the new Vic laws that will drop stamps duty slightly for low emissions vehicles while significantly increasing taxes on luxury car taxes for vehicles above $100k (low emission vehicles exempted)

I would assume the price reduction will apply to all, even existing orders as the stamp duty is not payable until the car is delivered? Perhaps somehow could email Tesla to find out.

• Informative
Reactions: m4rtin
Just got an email from Tesla:

"With up to 560km (est. NEDC) of range and 0–100 km/h in as little as 3.4 seconds with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Performance, Model 3 is now available to order in Australia. As a reservation holder, you’ll get delivery priority based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options."