Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:

Attachments

• 981FFB36-BDDF-4A3A-A3E3-18591184932A.jpeg
    981FFB36-BDDF-4A3A-A3E3-18591184932A.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 59
I believe this is not entirely true that browser would be illegal in Aus. There are other premium cars available in Australia already that have a web browser in car available when car is parked and they have not had any legality issues with this.

We need an EV representative peak body to get this browser exclusion changed. When vehicle is parked and charging there can be no reason why its not enabled. So who can represent us to get this rule / law changed?

Here are the breakdown of assumed press/demo cars known in Australia and New Zealand 18 (to possibly 26)

10. Melbourne - 7 Dual Motor, 3 Single motor. (10 Vins known of which 2 spotted)
4 NZ - 3 performance, 1 unknown. (3 vins known of the 4 spotted)
4 Sydney - performance. (0 vins known. 4 spotted) - 8 more mentioned in an article more but unknown source.

Last edited:
I believe this is not entirely true that browser would be illegal in Aus. There are other premium cars available in Australia already that have a web browser in car available when car is parked and they have not had any legality issues with this.

I agree.. when reviewing the Jaguar I-Pace, I noted that it had a browser (avail when parked). So I am yet to have have anyone produce this law that says browsers are outright banned.. Understandably until the cars drive themselves, the distracted driver issue means they're always going to be locked when moving.

That’s very interesting... and would be very tempting to go through with the transaction and see what happens! How did you “play around with the HTML”? Did you copy the source of the ordering page and add in White Interior option for LR and go from there?

How much did it charge for white interior on LR?

$1400 for white interior.

I linked a screenshot of the price run-down in the White Interior thread.

On the interior page, (in Chrome) press F12, Elements tab, for LR search for "IN3PW", for SR search for "IN3BW".

For the SR change the following element to "group--option--selected" (previously "group--option-hidden"). A white dot will appear on the page which you can now click on and it will switch to the white interior and proceed from there.

upload_2019-7-28_20-36-5.png

For the LR do the same but change it in the <div> line with $IN3PW (one above).

As they're matching cars after they arrive .. I doubt there will be a white interior car to fill your order though!

Reactions: Jason Cartwright
Very interested in this. Awesome we get a 15A tail. Now all we need is a picture of the label on the UMC to see if it is 3 phase capable

Not going to happen, all the talk is that they standardised on a single UMC type for the world a while back and it isn't 3 phase capable, regardless of the adaptor cable on it Change to UMC design
If you need 3 phase mobile charging then you can use the UMC for home charging if fast enough for you, and get the wall connector wired with 3 phase plug and carry with you. (Or have a 3 phase plug at home for the wall connector)
Or buy a 3rd party 3 phase mobile charger.
Keep in mind though that most people want to charge using off peak electricity at home, and in some states (SA for sure, not sure about others) they require the car charger to be hard wired and using the wall connector or UMC off a plug is likely not legal and a electrician shouldn't be wiring it for you.

Be thankful we're getting 15A tails at least

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
hmm - I watched a review video yesterday and the guy could go directly from Drive to Reverse whilst moving,below a certain speed.

I can see why you would want to do that when maneuvering but I'm worried I am going to do that instead of indicate... I guess most times i'll be above the speed limit and hopefully should notice before i move but serious potential for mistakes..