Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an option for custom plates. Entered my plate number. Apparently just have to give them the plates within five days of Delivery.

I chose Used Custom Plates in my checkout and entered the plate number. I got a pair of standard plates from Vicroads for my VW Golf that I'm selling which had custom plates. Vicroads put my custom plates on hold until I can put them on my Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: jaykaye
I didn't say they won't deliver it there I just said they don't have facilities. They won't be able to register the car in your name as they are not a dealer in ACT.

When I called them, I was told the car will be delivered and registered in the ACT. They never said anything about having to register it myself. Tesla website says there is a service centre coming soon to Canberra, so perhaps they already have the necessary dealer licenses.

When I called them, I was told the car will be delivered and registered in the ACT. They never said anything about having to register it myself. Tesla website says there is a service centre coming soon to Canberra, so perhaps they already have the necessary dealer licenses.

It's frustrating that different people tell different stories when you call them. I guess we will find out when the time comes. When I called a few weeks back, I was told that either A) could collect in Sydney or B) they could deliver. I would need to sort out the registration.

Tesla is pretty hopeless with planning this stuff sometimes so we just have to wait and see. Luckily we are probably still at least a couple weeks out from deliveries (maybe?) so they should be able to sort through it.

Would be good if anyone in Auckland had any inside into where the Model 3s would be unpacked up there. An Auckland stakeout with evidence of Model 3s would confirm for us kiwis our cars arent far away and would also cement it for our Aussie cousins that Cap has their cars. Does Auckland have an Autonexus yard too or does NZ use a different company?
Agree, but unfortunately I have no idea whom they might use locally. No autonexus here.

Reactions: freshmax
For folks using finance...looks like the process is moving through quite quickly. I applied and was approved by MacQuarie several weeks ago and my account now looks like this...
moving.PNG

Attachments

• moving.PNG
    moving.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Informative
Reactions: TesBanjo
So there was no field for custom plates when i filled out the form yesterday. WA resident. Any idea why?

Also what is the best number to call Tesla and actually get a response?

Save yourself a phone call and just get the car delivered to you with standard WA issue plates, the following day take the car down to a local DOT and swap for your custom plates.

Someone just uploaded a pic of this charger in QLD. Whoever installed this needs a talking to. How on earth are two cars supposed to charge in that space, one of which is disabled parking?

The cord isn't long enough and also it would obstruct the walkway when in use?

View attachment 441222

Ah yes, that's at Frosty Mango between Townsville and Ingham (a fruit farm and small ice-cream tourist attraction along the Bruce Highway).

I saw that end of 2017 when I lived up there (they had at least 1 at that stage). But yeah, it's not a great install :/.

Anyone else surprised there aren’t more used model S cars for sale? Carsales has gone down in listings and Tesla haven’t had inventory for nearly a month.
I've noticed on TradeMe here in NZ that used Model S (especially imports) have taken quite a dive in their pricing. Where they were once over $100k a few months ago they're now dropping to under $70k in some cases.