Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rolled my ankle badly today going down hill bushwalking with an 11kg pack on my back. Can't walk, had to crawl around the house on my hands and knees to go to the bathroom. Wife has rented some crutches from the chemist, so a bit more mobile now.

Pretty miserable as this thread and this new car has been consuming me for weeks.

The only bright side is that I don't want my car in a hurry any more. I want to face the bright lights in the Tesla store on my own two feet and not on crutches.

A Tesla salesperson in AKL did say to me that she was concerned about the lack of Streaming facility in the SR+ as she suspected many people who had ordered didn't fully understand the meaning of 'partial premium' and that there may be some annoyed people on delivery day.

It's ridiculous in itself if people are expecting in-car streaming at all and getting upset if their SR+ doesn't have it. How many other cars come with a 4G service and streaming media? I am sure people will quickly learn to do what they'd do in any other car - pair bluetooth or play mp3?

Reactions: youmi and CAM3RON
The more I mull this over in my head, the more I think I am getting distracted by the lack of VIN, registration date, If I follow things logically - the sooner the order, the sooner the car I want gets on a boat. It might just be as simple as that. I ordered within an hour of the site opening, when the estimation was for August.

Are we over thinking this? Isn't the simple answer - early order, early car?

Rolled my ankle badly today going down hill bushwalking with an 11kg pack on my back. Can't walk, had to crawl around the house on my hands and knees to go to the bathroom. Wife has rented some crutches from the chemist, so a bit more mobile now.

Pretty miserable as this thread and this new car has been consuming me for weeks.

The only bright side is that I don't want my car in a hurry any more. I want to face the bright lights in the Tesla store on my own two feet and not on crutches.

Sorry to here about your ankle :(

Hope you ordered an automatic not a manual

So whatever happens, there will be haves and have nots and also ppl in both groups who don't care.

I think the thing that irritates me most is that Tesla doesn't make anything clear when they really could. And particularly where they take money from people, in mine and many cases for 3.5 years.

How hard is it to tell ppl which vehicles on which ships are being delivered to which orders? Ffs

They reality is they are concentrating on directing resources to getting things out more than customer communications. If they had a dealer network these cars would be 20 - 30% more. Yep you are not getting Mercedes or BMW service levels but there are alot of costs built into those dealer networks and they are paid for by you.

The cars are coming.

Tweet Elon your story and predicament. He may activate FSD so you can get home from the showroom.

Your best hope is it a temporary vin and changes. It is hidden for a reason and Uk saw change multiple times. Nz has changed/disappeared hidden vins once. I would love to know how many employee and existing owners there are ahead of you.

We don’t know the factory production build mix at all on this ship except assuming Ps are first, like other countries, and since no Aussie SR+ orders seem to have hidden vins.

Hey @Vedaprime,

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun) as you. Blue SR+. I finally got assigned a VIN: "5YJ3F7EA7KF4430XX". If its useful for you to have the full VIN I'll send it direct.

interestingly, I"m taking delivery in Perth, so I don't know what effect that'll have on my delivery order, but just another datapoint, and finally one for an SR+.

They reality is they are concentrating on directing resources to getting things out more than customer communications. If they had a dealer network these cars would be 20 - 30% more. Yep you are not getting Mercedes or BMW service levels but there are alot of costs built into those dealer networks and they are paid for by you.

The cars are coming.
That is not right. They have orders for particular configurations. And they know what is what on the ship. How difficult can it be?

Hey @Vedaprime,

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun) as you. Blue SR+. I finally got assigned a VIN: "5YJ3F7EA7KF4430XX". If its useful for you to have the full VIN I'll send it direct.

interestingly, I"m taking delivery in Perth, so I don't know what effect that'll have on my delivery order, but just another datapoint, and finally one for an SR+.
Is that the first sr+ we know of? When did this happen?

The cars are coming.
I was happy not to get bmw service levels. Never going down to that level ever again.

• Funny
Reactions: youmi
That is not right. They have orders for particular configurations. And they know what is what on the ship. How difficult can it be?

Guessing you have never worked in logistics. Using guesstimated numbers, they are having to, in one step, scale up from what 50 cars/ monthh to 1000? That's a big step in terms of systems and personelle.

It has always been the policy of tesla australia not to divulge shipping names or transport companies. Indeed even within tesla this information is on a need to know basis. I suspect they are worried about stalkers. Not sure why really.

Can anyone on here that has bought a tesla (and had it delivered) say with 100% certainty what boat their car arrived on?