Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both. guesstimate of exiting /month based on total in Australia over how long they have 'been here and new volume based on what we have heard.
I don't get how this relates to logistics. You have cars on a ship and ppl in Aus who have ordered them. If you have a priority list for those vehicles, you could have told them when the car was put on the boat. Tesla have gone with, tell no one including your own staff or told their own staff not to tell anyone or just sent cars to Australia with no particular regard to any orders. The last option is particularly unlikely.

What's your point? It does not get your car here in minute earlier
I don't get how this relates to logistics. You have cars on a ship and ppl in Aus who have ordered them. If you have a priority list for those vehicles, you could have told them when the car was put on the boat. Tesla have gone with, tell no one including your own staff or told their own staff not to tell anyone or just sent cars to Australia with no particular regard to any orders. The last option is particularly unlikely.

People are free to change their order until the invoice is issued. Invoices cannot be issued until finance is approved. Get anrgy about it if you want but that is why cars are best not allocated until this is all done.

Reactions: youmi and andygen21
What's your point? It does not get your car here in minute earlier

People are free to change their order until the invoice is issued. Invoices cannot be issued until finance is approved. Get anrgy about it if you want but that is why cars are best not allocated until this is all done.
My point is that I want to know when my car is coming. The fact that Tesla is willing to let me change my order just means I can't know when the car I ordered will come. If you are good with that then so be it but I would prefer to know which car on which ship is mine so I could organise my life and it really wouldn't have been that difficult once the actual cars had been built and were on a boat.

• Disagree
Reactions: youmi
At the outset I’ll state that I hope this helps ease some minds, but I also appreciate if some want to see their vehicles before ‘believing’ ... and I get that.

Yesterday it was stated very clearly to me, by a Tesla employee, that Model 3’s arrived in Sydney @ approx 11.30am (that would make it the Cap Capricorn based on my view out of my office window). On questioning the downstream source I was told this was an ‘official’ internal comms from Tesla ... and not employee speculation or social media sourcing. Read into that what you may, but personally I’m comfortable considering that as factual comms.

Further, vehicles will be arriving in multiple shipments and not just this one.

As I said, hope that helps relieve any anxiety, but appreciate that ‘facts’ may mean seeing the vehicles. Unfortunately, no information on that was available, but the 2-3 week estimate I’ve seen posted here seems sensible - remember that Tesla want cleared funds 7 days before delivery.

Ditto all of that, VIN also have

@Didaho, My VIN ends in 4430XX (where XX is obscured for privacy). Is yours in the same range?

Has anyone else seen a 4430 VIN?

I've looked back through @Vedaprime's posts and can't find any mention of those VINs before, and they seem lower than the others (although as I understand it, VIN order is not necessarily manfuacture order.

Hey @Vedaprime and all,

I've created a form that we can use to track VIN's, confirmed VIN's, Dates, and Country.
For those who are privacy conscious I've allowed the ability to use XX as your last 2 digits, and for those who are happy to provide the full VIN, that's possible also.

If you have any issues with the form, or getting it to recognise the VIN (I've used pattern validation to match Model 3 VIN numbers), please send me a message with the VIN and I'll check what the issue is.

Form:
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form

Results:
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vedaprime and Ranu
It has always been the policy of tesla australia not to divulge shipping names or transport companies. Indeed even within tesla this information is on a need to know basis. I suspect they are worried about stalkers. Not sure why really.

Can anyone on here that has bought a tesla (and had it delivered) say with 100% certainty what boat their car arrived on?

For starters, I have absolutely no problem with Tesla not letting us know when exactly our Model 3s are arriving, which ship, which day, which place, etc.

I much rather have Tesla focus on manufacturing and follow-up service than
expensive pre-delivery communications - even 3.5 years into waiting for the car. If Tesla did provide early guidance on delivery dates and things change - as they invariably do, given the rate of change Tesla is experiencing - Tesla would get absolutely crucified for mis-communicating. This would then take up an inordinate amount of time and resources for Tesla to explain and rectify. But Tesla is damned if they do and damned if they do not.

I also 100% understand that Tesla has confidentiality agreements with various third-parties.

What I do not like is to
see some of our activities being referred to as "stalking" when clearly they are not.

Stalking is a crime. It is illegal and is directed against people. Our actions are not directed
against a person, but as enthusiastic Tesla customers, we are simply excited about the prospect of our cars arriving in Australia.

Yes, we are guessing, calculating based on publicly available information and I took some pictures of a ship that was
entering Botany Bay (even flagged beforehand that I might be doing so). However, we might very well be way off with our guesses and perhaps people (especially at Tesla) wryly smile if they hear about what we discuss here.

Tesla has had its fair share of problems with real stalkers who have
harassed their employees in search for information. For the record, I have not contacted Tesla in an attempt to glean any additional information.

I rather let them get on with their jobs. In no way do I want to
interfere with their operations.

I can not for the life of me imagine that anything that has been done or has been discussed here on this thread would be reason for concern for Tesla or be perceived as "stalking". As a Tesla shareholder, I certainly would let the company know if anything illegal was happening.

Hey @Vedaprime and all,

I've created a form that we can use to track VIN's, confirmed VIN's, Dates, and Country.
For those who are privacy conscious I've allowed the ability to use XX as your last 2 digits, and for those who are happy to provide the full VIN, that's possible also.

tried to enter the following VIN but it said "This doesn't appear to match the pattern of a Model 3 VIN number or you may have forgotten to replace the last 2 digits with 'XX'. Please ensure your VIN number is correctly entered and the last two digits are replaced."
5YJ3F7EA7KF4430XX

For starters, I have absolutely no problem with Tesla not letting us know when exactly our Model 3s are arriving, which ship, which day, which place, etc.

I much rather have Tesla focus on manufacturing and follow-up service than
expensive pre-delivery communications - even 3.5 years into waiting for the car. If Tesla did provide early guidance on delivery dates and things change - as they invariably do, given the rate of change Tesla is experiencing - Tesla would get absolutely crucified for mis-communicating. This would then take up an inordinate amount of time and resources for Tesla to explain and rectify. But Tesla is damned if they do and damned if they do not.

I also 100% understand that Tesla has confidentiality agreements with various third-parties.

What I do not like is to
see some of our activities being referred to as "stalking" when clearly they are not.

Stalking is a crime. It is illegal and is directed against people. Our actions are not directed
against a person, but as enthusiastic Tesla customers, we are simply excited about the prospect of our cars arriving in Australia.

Yes, we are guessing, calculating based on publicly available information and I took some pictures of a ship that was
entering Botany Bay (even flagged beforehand that I might be doing so). However, we might very well be way off with our guesses and perhaps people (especially at Tesla) wryly smile if they hear about what we discuss here.

Tesla has had its fair share of problems with real stalkers who have
harassed their employees in search for information. For the record, I have not contacted Tesla in an attempt to glean any additional information.

I rather let them get on with their jobs. In no way do I want to
interfere with their operations.

I can not for the life of me imagine that anything that has been done or has been discussed here on this thread would be reason for concern for Tesla or be perceived as "stalking". As a Tesla shareholder, I certainly would let the company know if anything illegal was happening.
Ummm....lighten up. I said ‘stalking’ in jest. “Not sure why really” surely gave it away. No tesla employee has ever told me they are concerned about stalkers, and given the ample discussion in the last 100 pages about members talking light heartedly about stalking ships and warehouses, changing their signatures to reflect ‘stalking’, I’m not sure why you got all serious on me?

LOL for those of you with the T3SLA plates etc. Be glad you're not in Canberra, a cash grabbing government cesspool. They check your plates for these combo and if it happens to spell the make of a vehicle your custom plate just jumped in price.

At least the stamp duty is free. Cannot imagine who would pay this much for plates.

upload_2019-8-17_22-59-51.png

• Informative
Reactions: T3SLA3
tried to enter the following VIN but it said "This doesn't appear to match the pattern of a Model 3 VIN number or you may have forgotten to replace the last 2 digits with 'XX'. Please ensure your VIN number is correctly entered and the last two digits are replaced."
5YJ3F7EA7KF4430XX

Thanks mate, try now.

It would be good to set the option to allow editing after submission. It would also be helpful to track location, vehicle configuration, trade in, payment method, etc.

Hey mate, I've set that option and added those questions. I'm not collecting e-mails though as the results are public, so don't know if people wiil be able to edit, is there a way around that?