Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if people have any trips planned or thinking of in their shiny new cars? :) I’ve got family in Adelaide so would consider Melb-ADL road trip. Also, dear friend in Byron Bay so would do Melb-Syd-Newcastle-Canberra-Port Macquarie-Byron Bay. Looking forward to using the charger network on these routes and seeing how it pans out

Would like to drive the 3 from Melbourne to Home , hope it arrives by then!

• Love
Reactions: maveric74
I'm glad I dont own stock at the moment :D

but if someone can just give me a call confirm my phone is still working.. oh wait no dont that might make me miss the call
I don't know about you but I'm trying to limit my calls to about 3 mins maximum before I start becoming rude and obnoxious and ending the call abruptly. Not on purpose of course, I'm generally a nice guy, but if you come between me and my 'Hawk', I'm gunna get mean, real quick!

• Funny
Reactions: RobDickinson
Just wondering if people have any trips planned or thinking of in their shiny new cars? :) I’ve got family in Adelaide so would consider Melb-ADL road trip. Also, dear friend in Byron Bay so would do Melb-Syd-Newcastle-Canberra-Port Macquarie-Byron Bay. Looking forward to using the charger network on these routes and seeing how it pans out
I've arranged with my partner and 2 friends (they're partners too and are also getting a Model 3) to do a trip from Brisbane to Adelaide so Hawk can meet the Tesla battery.

Jesus christ, I'm acting as if this car has feelings and actually isn't an inanimate object....what has become of me (us)....don't lie to yourselves, you're doing it too ;).

Brisbane to Melbourne will be its first drive.

On the day that I pick up the car from Richmond I will be running it up to the Euroa Chargefox CCS2 350kW charger and checking our the Euroa Supercharger. The first weekend I will also be driving to Sydney to see my father and oldest daughter, charging at a combination of 350kW ChargeFox chargers (because they are currently free) and Superchargers..

Reactions: 1st in Line
On the day that I pick up the car from Richmond I will be running it up to the Euroa Chargefox CCS2 350kW charger and checking our the Euroa Supercharger. The first weekend I will also be driving to Sydney to see my father and oldest daughter, charging at a combination of 350kW ChargeFox chargers (because they are currently free) and Superchargers..
If you can't wait to reach Euroa, you can always use the Airport West 350kw chargers.

would love to know details of charging times on the model 3 when you do this please, if that's not too much?

I really need to stop:
- Looking up more Tesla accessories for the Model 3
- Keep refreshing the order page and checking source for the VIN
- Refresh and read through latest posts here
- See if there is a new Now You Know episode
- Check r/teslamotors, r/teslainvestorsclub, r/teslamodel3
- Checking my email for replies from [email protected]
- Searching youtube for more Tesla videos
- Checking stock price for Tesla

I am going mad! I haven't been this excited for a goddamn PRODUCT since I was a kid! It's just not normal.

In other news, I spent half the day cleaning out the garage to get it ready for the Tesla.

Sydney SR+ order. May/2016 reservation. Immediate order. No call yet :(

Get some insurance quotes - that will kill time and your soul. And find a good window tint mob....

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp and TASKA9
Does anyone know if you can install a wire and plug into the HPWC? I am moving house in 6 months and will install the HPWC properly hardwired at my new place but at my existing place I have an existing external plug that I would like to plug the HPWC into to get a faster charge than using the Travel charger and would prefer to use that rather than going through the hassle of a more permanent install.

Does anyone know if you can install a wire and plug into the HPWC? I am moving house in 6 months and will install the HPWC properly hardwired at my new place but at my existing place I have an existing external plug that I would like to plug the HPWC into to get a faster charge than using the Travel charger and would prefer to use that rather than going through the hassle of a more permanent install.

You could - but it would be more expensive as you'd have to buy a 1x32A or 3x16A plug, socket and flex to put in. When you could mount the HPWC next to the isolator and hard wire it in a couple of minutes. Getting an electrician out to add and remove the HPWC when you need to isnt that big of a deal. Ask on your local facebook group :-D

• Informative
Reactions: paulp and freshmax
I have an existing external plug that I would like to plug the HPWC into to get a faster charge than using the Travel charger and would prefer to use that rather than going through the hassle of a more permanent install.
one4spl is right, but also doesn't help us as you haven't said what that external plug is.
I would imagine it is a normal 10A, or a 15A socket, both of which the travel charger can plug in to. If it is a 3 phase plug then it can't. Not sure what else you would be likely to have.

Have a doozy of a roadtrip planned (assuming I ever have a car to do it in.... (doesn't time fly when you are having fun WAITING)).
Also a Melbournite, just retired, have stocked up on charger accessories, and plan to head off around Australia just so long as the wheels appear before the Wet Season wipes out the roads up North. Princes Hwy all the way (bar the little bit that is unsealed). So for timing reasons it is a CCW trip: up the East Coast as fast as possible then plenty of time to enjoy the scenery on a daily basis across the top end while waiting for 300+ km from a 32A 3phase (at best) at each stop.

P3-, Jul2017 reservation, cash and day 1 order, VIN now MIA....

Have a doozy of a roadtrip planned (assuming I ever have a car to do it in.... (doesn't time fly when you are having fun WAITING)).
Also a Melbournite, just retired, have stocked up on charger accessories, and plan to head off around Australia just so long as the wheels appear before the Wet Season wipes out the roads up North. Princes Hwy all the way (bar the little bit that is unsealed). So for timing reasons it is a CCW trip: up the East Coast as fast as possible then plenty of time to enjoy the scenery on a daily basis across the top end while waiting for 300+ km from a 32A 3phase (at best) at each stop.

P3-, Jul2017 reservation, cash and day 1 order, VIN now MIA....
You should do a blog when you undertake this trip. Or a video blog. Sounds like an amazing trip. Love to do this one day..soon..in an EV

Ok, so the account has moved to next steps for us now. Including a screenshot..I'm guessing we are close to a delivery date now? :D

I think this is the VIN? 5YJ3F7EA8KF443040 that we have been assigned

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.59.24.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.59.24.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 54