Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a bit perplexing what is going on in NZ, there is evidence of quite a few cars in Auckland but next to nothing on the delivery front or any real contact from Tesla. On the Oz side of things they are booking appointments through to the end of September.
A few more calls now. I'm picking that we've probably seen pictures of most/all the cars that have been trucked from the customs warehouse to K rd so far -- they just have to go past a lot of phone cameras. Maybe ~10 cars so far? Harder to say how many people who get calls will report it on twitter/fb/here.

Tesla's party line is that "they aim to have all deliveries completed by the end of September", so we will see.
Unsurprising given the supposed desire to minimise in-transit vehicles and maximise deliveries by the end of each quarter. I wonder though, if one misses a September delivery, will one have to wait until December... Surely there can't be that many Aus/NZ sales, and they wouldn't just stop delivering to us for two months would they, while they sell 3rd-quarter vehicles in the States where they can be delivered in the quarter. Surely!

Mine's the second-last order in the tracking sheet. :-( Sitting on "We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice...".

Hope you have better luck than I did. We set out to drive around North America in a M3P; started in Florida, got to Quebec and some dickhead in a Silverado towing a huge caravan attempted to push us off the road - didn't do the car any good at all.
Sorry to hear it, and thanks for the warning - I will set my mental 'safe distance' alert for large ICEicles with huge caravans to 'wide berth'.

I won't push the speed hard: out beyond the superchargers, efficiency will be more overall time-effective than dash given that the charging "speed" will be below 100 kph. If one comes thundering up from behind, I'll pull over and let him charge past. At least in Australia it's mostly nice and flat - room to get off the road.

Reactions: 1st in Line
Another four have been spotted in Auckland
TM9ScF5.png

@1st in Line you won't be disappointed
image.jpg
image.jpg
I would love to make a trip from Sydney to Perth and up to Shark Bay.

I have dreamt of going to Shark Bay for about 30 years...

.... and I would just like to prove to myself that so-called "range anxiety" is a load of hogwash.

.... and I would just like to prove to myself that so-called "range anxiety" is a load of hogwash.