Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not clear to me that these invoices should be different from S/X invoices? Why would tesla have different systems?

That's a good question, but looking at the invoice numbers, its been reset recently clearly. Of course, there could have been some S&Xs on the same ship that could be inflating those numbers, but based on standard mix of S/X/3 in production from Fremont, the high price of the S/X in Australia compared to average earnings, and the backlog of 3s that will take a while to work through, you'd think the ratio of 3s to S&X since the reset of the numbers must be very minimal (my guess is 2-5% tops).

Reactions: Vedaprime

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 60
Waiting for a WHITE INTERIOR:
So, I have (like most of us) been chewing my arm off waiting for a call from Tesla, getting RSI checking my phone every 3 minutes, and basically behaving like your every day average completely obsessed Tesla Reservation holder waiting for our Precious Performance model babies to arrive (Preciouuuuusssss, I wants my Precious, I needs it, Yes, I wants it!) - and just couldn't figure out why Tesla weren't calling me NOW!

Then I analysed the VIN / order spreadsheet Link: AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)
to VIEW data (read only)
or link here: AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (web address is case sensitive) to enter / update your data!! (Huge thanks to the creator of this - you help me solve my paranoia)

And then I realised - that NOT ONE SINGLE WHITE INTERIOR is listed as having a VIN or being contacted yet!
Whew - its not just me then!!!! My paranoia is (temporarily) assuaged.

So far based on the list:
--> 208 orders for BLACK interior,
--> and only 11 orders for White interior.

I am guessing therefore White interiors are not yet scheduled to arrive.

I therefore have to crawl back into my box, shut up, stop checking my phone like a paranoid demented idiot, and get on with some work!

Sigh.
Having said all that - I'm loving reading all this commentary - what on earth are we going to do once they actually arrive? Drive them?

Just had my test drive of the red performance in Sydney.
Some comments.

LOVE IT!!!!

Got up to 50km per hour on the city streets. <wow :)>. One of them was from a standing start.
The regen when you take your foot off the accelerator felt so natural.
Looked in media menu and couldn’t find DAB. Asked sales person and she said to use phone. Not sure she really knew what DAB was.
Sales person was very confident there would be a 2.5% price increase in the next week or so, but not before the weekend.
Asked about delivery if I put an order in this week, there was confidence it would be mid to late October.

Got another test drive on Friday with the SR+ and my wife. Make a decision then.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1st in Line
Waiting for a WHITE INTERIOR:
So, I have (like most of us) been chewing my arm off waiting for a call from Tesla, getting RSI checking my phone every 3 minutes, and basically behaving like your every day average completely obsessed Tesla Reservation holder waiting for our Precious Performance model babies to arrive (Preciouuuuusssss, I wants my Precious, I needs it, Yes, I wants it!) - and just couldn't figure out why Tesla weren't calling me NOW!

Then I analysed the VIN / order spreadsheet Link: AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)
to VIEW data (read only)
or link here: AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (web address is case sensitive) to enter / update your data!! (Huge thanks to the creator of this - you help me solve my paranoia)

And then I realised - that NOT ONE SINGLE WHITE INTERIOR is listed as having a VIN or being contacted yet!
Whew - its not just me then!!!! My paranoia is (temporarily) assuaged.

So far based on the list:
--> 208 orders for BLACK interior,
--> and only 11 orders for White interior.

I am guessing therefore White interiors are not yet scheduled to arrive.

I therefore have to crawl back into my box, shut up, stop checking my phone like a paranoid demented idiot, and get on with some work!

Sigh.
Having said all that - I'm loving reading all this commentary - what on earth are we going to do once they actually arrive? Drive them?

Yep, I assumed this was the reason for me not receiving a call (I switched to white), but the data more or less confirms. Makes sense, the first shipments were loaded up with black as that’s all you could order. Then they made white available and now are sending those through.

Of course it seems this was their strategy all along as evidenced by the fact that many of the demo cars have white interiors and clearly those were shipped well before white was made available.

I assumed when I switched it would probably push me back a few weeks, but I am not fussed at all given I plan on having the car for years.