Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just out of interest: based on the data in the Order spreadsheet containing details on 219 Model 3s for Aust/NZ so far:

By Type.png

SR+ is the most popular (and most affordable of course) at 44% of orders in the sample.

By Colour.png

A pretty even spread of colours..... That will look good on Tesla club meetup days!

I’m almost certain vin numbers mean nothing as my vin I a very early vin and I have received a call invoice or anything

Maybe not so early. 449XXX, relates to Kota Ekpress. It only arrived in Sydney Monday. And there are 1400 vin range (with gaps) before you. And your vin might not hold of course. Check the vin tracker. It's holding pretty well to what's happened AUNZVInTracking

Your call will come soon. At least you have a vin.

Being NZ based all my cars here have had LOTR names but thinking of going in a different direction for the tesla...

Also what song is first song?

My love of Tolkien pre-dates Peter Jackson's films and hence New Zealand's obsession of same by a couple of decades...

For those who are not Tolkien fans, in the LOTR Wiki, it is described thus:

Shadowfax was "the Lord of all horses". He was a descendant of Felaróf, of the race of the long-lived Mearas, the greatest horses of Middle-earth. Shadowfax was capable of comprehending human speech and was said to run faster than the wind. Originally belonging to the House of Eorl, Lord of Rohan, Shadowfax was too wild to be tamed by the Rohirrim. Eventually, Théoden, the 17th king of Rohan, gave him to the wizard Gandalf the White.

I could not think of a a more apt name.

Reactions: aegidius
Finally got my hidden Vin 5YJ3F7EB4KF443416 Not sure if that is good or bad. Ha!
Does any one know if a referral code is reflected in the source code somewhere? I can see this random number but it doesn't have the referrer in it... I requested, by email, that a referral code be added post order. (thought i'd try my luck as it worked for a friend in France)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 4.54.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 4.54.04 pm.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Unlike everyone else with disappearing VINs, my VIN now appears twice in the source code. I've got one under 'Data.Insurance.vin', and a second under 'Data.Insurance.labels.vin'.

Positive that until recently only one of those was present (the 'Data.Insurance.vin' one).

The other metadata in the newly added section makes it sound a lot like Tesla may start accepting insurance applications directly through their website.

Finally got my hidden Vin 5YJ3F7EB4KF443416 Not sure if that is good or bad. Ha!
Does any one know if a referral code is reflected in the source code somewhere? I can see this random number but it doesn't have the referrer in it... I requested, by email, that a referral code be added post order. (thought i'd try my luck as it worked for a friend in France)

its good, means one of the first boats.

Foot is better - if the only letter change is ‘t’ from ‘trunk’, then by logical extension only change ‘b’ from ‘boot’
Why not call it the ...
Beetroot?
... hold on that’s not a fruit. o_O

Wait is obviously sending me crazy.
Waiting for the real unicorn which seems to be the LR AWD. Only 3 in AU, all waiting for VIN, all white according to spreadsheet.
Obviously a smart choice.

I assume you're joking? And why the he'll haven't you mentioned this earlier? ;)

Yea, I'm joking.
I remember picking up the car from Canningvale a little over 4 years ago, we got off at the wrong bus stop and walked 20 minutes in the wind and rain, it didn't matter one bit when I glimpsed that shiny new model S waiting in the carpark, best day ever.