Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Argh, just got a call to say that my delivery appointment is moving from this Friday to Wednesday next week, as they were told that the car would take another couple of days to get to the delivery centre...

I know for a fact that the company checking the cars before they are delivered to customers has had unforeseen delays, neither them or Tesla are to blame.

I would rather my car get checked correctly before delivery so I'm happy to wait.

Hi all,
Our appointment is on 17th Sept in Melbourne. Have not received final invoice as yet so I've jumped on the front foot and emailed Melbourne delivery team for an update/final invoice. Hoping that happens soon as we are o/s from 2nd - 13th Sept.

Our VIN has not disappeared so hoping it stays that way.

Got finance approved today after a horrendous and torturous phone call/transfer to the bank and then onto their lending team based out of Phillipines I'm guessing. No issues, but bit of a pain to have to accept a 28k liability for a AMEX card that has never ever been used. Pulling up minor transactions which have a recurring payment plan ie gym membership/golf membership etc. and wanting to verify transactions. Slow and painful and over an hour verification process had both me and the better half tearing our hair out in frustration, but thankfully we have been told loan has been approved and funds will be in our account within 24 hours..sigh..

Hoping our appointment date stays as is so we can get on with the process of delivery, installing child seat in new car and selling ICE car before summer starts..

Yea, I'm joking.
I remember picking up the car from Canningvale a little over 4 years ago, we got off at the wrong bus stop and walked 20 minutes in the wind and rain, it didn't matter one bit when I glimpsed that shiny new model S waiting in the carpark, best day ever.

It does give me a great idea though. How much power can a web cam and lte module actually use? Install on tree with solar panel....

So as far as I can tell no one has received a date or VIN for a white interior car. Anyone care to comment?

Comment yes, good information not really. I have checked here, facebook, spreadsheets, etc. and have not seen a white interior get a vin / invoice. I also don't think I have even seen any white interior order with a hidden vin, but not 100% sure on that one. I have a white\white P3+ with a 2017 reservation ordered first day and no hidden vin yet.

I have checked here, facebook, spreadsheets, etc. and have not seen a white interior get a vin / invoice.

Makes sense imo. Tesla didn't open up AU/NZ orders for the white interior until late July. It's implausible that any of those would show up for an August delivery (promises from Tesla sales reps notwithstanding). Mid to late September maybe, but even that's kind of pushing it.

It does give me a great idea though. How much power can a web cam and lte module actually use? Install on tree with solar panel....
Swung by on my push bike, pretty hard to see much from the front, since I was on a bike went around the back, again pretty hard to see much as totally packed and no Tesla's in sight. Unless you were to catch the truck arriving with your webcam its going to be tough to see anything. Probably better to try and work out when the trains arrive??