Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos of the first registered customer vehicle at home - delivered yesterday. Not the first delivered

FB Tesla Model 3 Australia group - Credit D Hendry https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1481479798660112&set=pcb.1206573676189458&type=

B0B9E489-6B19-4950-8ED5-8561DBD920F3.jpeg A0D54B98-1214-4654-B863-2A84FAE5FB7C.jpeg
14E88F91-C4B3-43FD-9F1A-F357184BAF6D.jpeg

Attachments

• 98B4B892-C24A-4F7F-93A0-FB109CB9422C.jpeg
    98B4B892-C24A-4F7F-93A0-FB109CB9422C.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 64
Not when you drive for ride-sharing. You are immediately considered a taxi by the ATO and have to register for GST

**** I hate the ATO. Not because they tax us, I happily pay my share, just their hypocrisy.

Driving an uber is considered a taxi service from this pov, but they released guidance earlier this year stating uber CANNOT be deducted for tax purposes, but taxis can.

And if you're right about this, and i do 20 troops a year, why the he'll should i register for gst. perfect example of red tape disincentivising work

Reactions: MonicaPlease
  • Informative
Reactions: Vedaprime
Thanks, have made some minor purchases from EV Tuning but hopeful to pick up some of the bigger stuff locally eventually.

I've been driving old manuals for over 20 years, I want to sit and get accustomed to the M3 slowly and driving through Sydney in my shiny new car that I don't really know yet would freak me the hell out. :) Roadtrips are already being planned however!

Oh another quickie.. do I need to buy an adapter for all those free supermarket and destination chargers that aren't Tesla ones?

d
Two local sources for Charging cables and adapters are:
JetCharge and
EVSE
Many Shopping Centres use ChargePoint chargers that are the J1772 standard so you will neeed a J1772 to Type 2 (Menekes) adapter to use them. I have a cable type adapter but there are barrel type adapter, I was just concerned that the barrel typ would put too much strain on the cars charging port.

Vehicle deliveries are massively in transit now, and deliveries will be right up until end of quarter in a delivery frenzy. I think what you meant to say, was ***Production*** would switch to NA market in September, and in early October we can expect a drop in Model 3s on ships arriving October so there are fewer ships in transit at end of quarter. The European ships also have not much going on in the last month of the quarter from leaving SFO pier 80 as seen each quarter for the same reason.
Yes this is what will happen.

Got the call today and just got an invoice.

Adelaide - 19th sept delivery date
Same vin as hidden 4434 - 9/07/19 build date.
Reservation April 2019
Order 31/05/19 - 5 mins after books opened- no changes of car since then.

Performance +, red paint and FSD
My invoice was $63 less than when original ordered. Dinners on Tesla tonight, cheers Elon
Now this starts to rustle my jammies... I have the same configuration and order date, but in Blue, and have held my reservation since 2016 and have heard absolutely nothing. Congratulations on your car, but unless Tesla get in touch with me with a delivery date before then, they have definitely gone back on their commitment to honour reservations.

NO comment on the politics of this. But I was always told (teslarati or someplace) that China production was for the local market.
Yep, that’s what I’ve read too in Electrek. The factory in Shanghai will be supplying the Chinese market only. That might change in the fullness of time, but it’s not the intent or plan at the moment for it to supply other markets.