Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its all happening at once.
I got a hidden VIN today then this from Macquarie:

"Tesla have estimated your delivery for the 1/10/2019.
Now we have the approval in place I will request an invoice from them."

I literally ordered 10 days ago...... no prior reservation. Whether the delivery date pans out to be true is another thing entirely.....
P3+ white and white in SYD

It feels like theres a lot of cars on the water with imminent arrival

I wonder how it's visible to the outside if you are driving or the car is driving - you almost want some sort of an external indicator that the car is in FSD mode, something like the dog mode warning won't work - as your car will get pulled over first before they notice the display.
I would say the obvious indication would be that if you are in no condition to drive or plan doing something that you should not when driving, leave the driver seat empty. They will know the car is driving itself.

Reactions: Russian

I literally ordered 10 days ago...... no prior reservation. Whether the delivery date pans out to be true is another thing entirely.....

@Vedaprime

Tagging Veda in this

this is great news, once they send you your invoice we will have confirmation of the build date. This means they are confident that even if they are on the melina and arrive on 20 Sep, that they can offload and process by 1 Oct. you will be the second person with a white interior with a confirmed date

I’ve also had my contact and awaiting the final invoice. But no date yet. Hopefully soon.

Also remember there aren’t very many white interior orders, one thing that’s in our favours

Reactions: MonicaPlease
@Vedaprime

Tagging Veda in this

this is great news, once they send you your invoice we will have confirmation of the build date. This means they are confident that even if they are on the melina and arrive on 20 Sep, that they can offload and process by 1 Oct. you will be the second person with a white interior with a confirmed date

I’ve also had my contact and awaiting the final invoice. But no date yet. Hopefully soon.

Also remember there aren’t very many white interior orders, one thing that’s in our favours

Yes. Build date is a good data point for the ship it is on.

The 1 October date won’t happen. Sounds like a computer thing. Tesla will try everything for end of quarter delivery.

Res date and order date don’t mean a thing as far as they are concerned, it’s all about getting the cars out within the framework of third parties and shipping / transportation logistics. So I guess we could have held onto our $1500 all this time

In any case, it means that I can get on with life for a bit

I am fine with logistics trumping all else, but when the exact same config is going to the exact same pickup location (ie Richmond) it’s a matter of fairness to honour the reservation / order date at that point as it literally has nothing to do with logistics anymore.

Day 1 reservation, existing owner, white interior, cash and no call or returned mail here.

It feels like theres a lot of cars on the water with imminent arrival[/QUOTE
]
Ok, now I am definitely sending a nice email to the delivery team to confirm that all is in order with my account. This is my exact config and I am a reservation and day one order. Could possibly be a Sydney vs Melbourne logistics thing, which I can understand to a point, but it could also be some flag in there system that is incorrect and I would have no way of knowing. I have tried to hold off contacting them, but seems P3D+ white / whites are flying out the door and seems legit to not demand a date but to have them confirm that all is in order.

PANIC - Just missed my call from delivery, now I can't get through to return it! :(
I know that feeling. I had a busy week of meetings. They kept calling (3x) and I could not answer. It was torture. Eventually they left a message to email melbournedelivery with times that they could contact me. That worked and contact was made. Then came my invoice (pearl white P3+) and VIN (4434XX) and a few days later they sent licensing paperwork for DOTWA which I completed and returned. That was over a week ago now and of course no further contact but delivery date of September 16 in Perth at 10:00 has not changed.

Hang in there they will call back

Reactions: Techno-phile
If you email Tesla then include your RN number in the subject, I suspect it might get sorted and dealt with quicker (or might not).

Not sure about sleeping while driving - I just want my car to drive me home when I'm drunk so I don't have to play designated driver with my better half
Once FSD is working I think the government will get enough tax from all the extra alcohol sales to make up for the lost petrol taxes