Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, that this is very important.

Not sure whether or not in this particular order:

Queen - I'm in love with my [EV] car

Michael Bublé - Feeling Good [about my EV]

Pink Floyd - Time [for EVs] (great song to test surround sound)

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene Part 4 [the future is electric - and so is this music]

Stromae - Alors on Danse [Model 3 ... makes me want to dance]

Kenny G - The Joy of Life [has now arrived - feeling a bit less "sad" - thanks Elon!]

Jean Michel Jarre - [EV] Révolutions

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody [great stereo sound effects]

Pet Shop Boys - Go West [picking up in Alexandria and living in the Inner West, so on my first drive I will be going West]

Sex Pistols - My Way [chosen purely for sublime expression of philosophy and culture through the medium of music]

The above list is neither complete nor final!

Hey 1st,

Apparently you are also a Queen and Elon fan like me so may I suggest you consider adding to your list:

Because Elon has One Vision for leading Humanity into a better future

Once you have your car and have driven enough to enable Autopilot for the first time

for you and others still waiting for the call/delivery try (this may also be good as a required song before you can drive a Tesla for the first time)

or refer to my previous post #4554

and lastly some commenters here seem to be more inspired by this rather than any of the above (not you 1st), and please nobody reenact the movie scenes depicted...

edit: oops, maybe also add this after delivery and come back and answer here?

What model do you have? I have the 2 and haven't received it.
I have Pixel 2 XL.
Mine showed up this morning. Have a mate who had to go to updates and search for updates to get it to show for him.
The strange thing is that the phone thinks it is a future update as the System update page shows:
Android version: 10
Security patch level: 5 September 2019

Today is not the 5th yet here.

• Informative
Reactions: technerdx6000
Different sort of compression. You’re thinking of data compression: packing, say, 1 MB of data into 500 kB of space. This can be lossless (what you get after decompression is what you had before compressing) or lossy (throwing away data to get a better compression rate, hopefully without too much perceived quality loss.)

The other sort of compression is dynamic range compression: instead of having very quiet and very loud phrases, the loudest stuff is reduced in volume, and the quietest stuff is made louder. This allows the track as a whole to be made louder. The consequence is that it’s perceived as better by the general population, but you lose a huge amount of nuance in the work; everything blends together. For those who enjoy good music, this is an utter travesty. What really grates is that this type of compression can be done on the fly, but instead it’s forced on us - it cannot be undone when the CD (or whatever) is mastered like this.
Sounds like you're referring to what I've heard labelled as the loudness war - I had no idea it was even a thing until I saw a thread about the topic on Reddit.

But yeah I mistook that post for referring to audio quality from lossy data compression - oops.

Sounds like you're referring to what I've heard labelled as the loudness war - I had no idea it was even a thing until I saw a thread about the topic on Reddit.

But yeah I mistook that post for referring to audio quality from lossy data compression - oops.
In fairness, I'm assuming that the loudness war (which is what it is generally referred to, you're absolutely right there; I didn't refer to that term in my comment, and I should have) is what Dylan_ was thinking of with his comment. I could be wrong, but that's the context in which I read his comment (and the context in which my response was made) - it made more sense to me that way. I don't work in the field, but I do know a couple of audio engineers, and that's the meaning of compression within their specific field.

Jargon overloading. You have to love it... ;)

Reactions: sabretooth
Anyone know how long it usually takes Tesla to generate an invoice after the finance comapny asks for one? The email from Pepper is the first movement I've had on my order since placing it so I'm not sure if it suggests there will be imminent progress or not...

I wondered as well so I asked Pepper - apparently this was done in response from Tesla asking Pepper to request all tax invoices for all customers. So we aren't special and it doesn't mean our invoice or delivery is any closer.

• Informative
Reactions: TesBanjo
In fairness, I'm assuming that the loudness war (which is what it is generally referred to, you're absolutely right there; I didn't refer to that term in my comment, and I should have) is what Dylan_ was thinking of with his comment. I could be wrong, but that's the context in which I read his comment

Yep, exactly what I was referring to .. audio compression (not file compression). If you throw on Dark Side of the Moon then follow that by (say) Metallica's last 2 albums you'll find yourself reaching for the volume control for each to reach the "normal" ideal peak volume. I love some of the tracks posted here as suggestions to test the model 3's audio (All of ours are coming with 14 speakers and 1 subwoofer in the "partial premium" interior - right?).. BUT many of them like Queen are really old and won't sound as "loud" as modern produced songs. You'll end up turning the stereo up louder than you'd normally listen to it and those old tracks have great dynamic range. The tracks I selected though are post loudness-war but like it or hate it, heavily compressed audio is here to stay and I want to test this new system with songs that reflect how audio is produced today. And if you like loud music anyway (I do), that compression can sound fine if it's not overdone.

The new TOOL album has been 13 years coming and I was surprised (and happy) to find myself having to turn it up 20% more than other modern releases because they haven't over compressed it but it has the audio fidelity of a NEW release and not the old studios from the 1970s. I'm not an old-school "magnetic tape" or vinyl purist... I think digital sounds way better if it's done right.

Reactions: sabretooth
In fairness, I'm assuming that the loudness war (which is what it is generally referred to, you're absolutely right there; I didn't refer to that term in my comment, and I should have) is what Dylan_ was thinking of with his comment.

Both concerns are valid. Have you checked the default Spotify streaming bitrate? If the dynamic range compression doesn't get you, the psychoacoustic compression will.

Loading up an SSD with a bunch of FLAC files at least solves half of those problems. :)

I wondered as well so I asked Pepper - apparently this was done in response from Tesla asking Pepper to request all tax invoices for all customers. So we aren't special and it doesn't mean our invoice or delivery is any closer.
lol I just assumed Pepper got sick of waiting like me and decided to try emailing them. Good luck!

I've reset my expectations to a Christmas Eve delivery date.