Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it’s a trade off.
Either you have a smart phone that just works or you battle with software and configuration.
Your Tesla will be locked down and secure just like an iPhone. o_O
I have slightly different needs and expectations for a car compared to a phone. But would prefer that open app ecosystem still as that would allow many useful apps to pop up there.

Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack. There were 3 Blue Performance cars so I assume one of those puppies is mine! Attached are a few photos. If anyone wants to take a look they have parked them at the front, under shade cloth so clearly visible. A red Performance was the last I saw parked so will be the closest to see. For those that missed it the address is 21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale. I took a few videos of them getting parked I can try to upload if people are desperate to see more. The key cards appeared to be taped in protective packets to the front. They all looked fairly clean except one black one with Aero wheels which looked like it had a bunch of road grime on the rear probably from the short truck ride from Forrestfield train offload to Canningvale. First time seeing Model 3 with my own eyes...they look much better in person for sure. Now they are here, how long do we have to wait? View attachment 450302View attachment 450303View attachment 450304View attachment 450305View attachment 450306View attachment 450307View attachment 450308View attachment 450309View attachment 450310View attachment 450311

Well done Mr Bond, your 00 status has been re-activated.

Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack.

This is both fantastic that they're finally in Perth, and awful because mine's on the ANL Warrnambool :/

How about this hypothesis (which may be wishful thinking)...

The rumoured price increase “soon” (due to AUD weakness vs USD) will be coupled with making white interior available as an option on SR+ and LR AWD. So Tesla kept that demand lever up their sleeve in case they needed to raise prices.

So I’m actually looking forward to the price increase o_O

Am I nuts?

Reactions: tom_kauf
Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack. There were 3 Blue Performance cars so I assume one of those puppies is mine! Attached are a few photos. If anyone wants to take a look they have parked them at the front, under shade cloth so clearly visible. A red Performance was the last I saw parked so will be the closest to see. For those that missed it the address is 21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale. I took a few videos of them getting parked I can try to upload if people are desperate to see more. The key cards appeared to be taped in protective packets to the front. They all looked fairly clean except one black one with Aero wheels which looked like it had a bunch of road grime on the rear probably from the short truck ride from Forrestfield train offload to Canningvale. First time seeing Model 3 with my own eyes...they look much better in person for sure. Now they are here, how long do we have to wait? View attachment 450302View attachment 450303View attachment 450304View attachment 450305View attachment 450306View attachment 450307View attachment 450308View attachment 450309View attachment 450310View attachment 450311

Any white ones? So delivery before Christmas is looking possible:)

First deliveries Brisbane. Credit Greg Freguson FB

05F6C0A7-8CDF-442A-AC52-B355AA8F34E3.jpeg

4434xx range - Cap Capricorn

Last edited:
Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack. There were 3 Blue Performance cars so I assume one of those puppies is mine! Attached are a few photos. If anyone wants to take a look they have parked them at the front, under shade cloth so clearly visible. A red Performance was the last I saw parked so will be the closest to see. For those that missed it the address is 21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale. I took a few videos of them getting parked I can try to upload if people are desperate to see more. The key cards appeared to be taped in protective packets to the front. They all looked fairly clean except one black one with Aero wheels which looked like it had a bunch of road grime on the rear probably from the short truck ride from Forrestfield train offload to Canningvale. First time seeing Model 3 with my own eyes...they look much better in person for sure. Now they are here, how long do we have to wait?

Wooohoo! Well done :) That red performance is mine!!!!!!!OOOOooOOoOO (going crazy with delight)

Reactions: Hairyman and Anubis
Someone who gets one of the 12v swap cars should look at the manufacture date on the battery and see if they are making stuff up or being honest. Although they may not be manufactured this /last month. I see no reason they would be making stuff up, just would be curious to know the difference in batteries.

Yeah its P3D+ blue for me, so seems like those are all the performance pack cars, but its such a big gap. Thats why i thought itll be interesting to mention it, maybe VedaPrime can comment
So we now have a Cap Capricorn range where, 1 was built at Kota buld dates, and 1 at Brotonne build dates.

Remember vins registrations don’t exactly match production, they are just registrations. It means when the cars were in production planning, but they didn’t use all the numbers registered (maybe there was a delay or shortage for that variant on the line), and then grouped them together in a production run. It does look like they were built on the same day as the rest of the Kota and Brotonne builds. We will never know until the invoice precisely. It is still the best we have. I wish we had a ship manifest - it would make things easier.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
It's not a totally closed system. The rest api's that the Tesla app app uses look to have been figured out and apps have been written which use these.

Those are webservice endpoints. Sure you can build an iOS/Android/whatever app that hits those endpoints and run it on your phone/laptop/whatever. But can you install it on the car's infotainment system, without risking turning your car into a $100k brick? Or publish it somewhere where other Tesla owners can install it onto their cars (preferably by tapping something within the infotainment system or at least their Tesla app)?

Those are the sort of things that determine if the system is closed or (partway) open.