Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the whole point of reservation is to be able to get the car based on the order of reservation. When Tesla took the reservation, they never stated that the orders are based on the profitability of the cars’ configurations, or whichever colour cars or interior they are building first.
This is pretty much the point that was conveyed earlier in this thread by this video clip:

Yep. And I think the other thing to keep in mind is that obviously there are going to be delivery problems for us because there are about 2,500 of us waiting for a car at the same time. In the future, I imagine the process is going to be much quicker and smoother as there won't be a massive glut of orders to fill all at once.

By the time we get around to selling our other ICE car to purchase another Tesla (in another 7 years or so), I'm expecting things to be far simpler, and without all this sitting around and desperately waiting for a phone call!

Wow. Already planning to buy a Tesla in 7yrs time. Whilst I hope Tesla are still around disrupting what remains of the traditional car manufacturers, there may be some better vehicles on offer by then..... You never know, someone may have made a "Tesla Killer" by then

7A5E0447-4CFE-422F-93A6-88204F384C5A.jpeg Incoming! Deer in the headlights for the rest of the day until The Call comes.

Sure. What I'm getting at is that, historically these "unknown" variants don't do very well in the resale market. If someone is looking at two vehicles, both performance, both with the same mileage, but one with the "upgrade pack", I don't think the P- will come out ahead.

I just bought what I wanted and I think we can just agree to disagree. To each his own.

Since we pay exactly the same price as LR AWD, we can sell it as "Tesla Model 3 LR AWD" with 3.4s 0-100 kph time.

Our cars are at least as attractive as a LR AWD with 4.6s 0-100 time.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Wow. Already planning to buy a Tesla in 7yrs time. Whilst I hope Tesla are still around disrupting what remains of the traditional car manufacturers, there may be some better vehicles on offer by then..... You never know, someone may have made a "Tesla Killer" by then
Or Tesla would have released 3 new models
Model C
Model A
Model R

SEXY CAR

I got the same text. Wonder if it's like the other texts that just got blasted out to basically everybody?

Can anyone who has not been contacted about delivery confirm that they did not receive a text from Tesla just now?

No text no call for me either. June 25 order 4612xx vin.

It's probably just an oversight by Telsa and the phone will ring or vibrate any second now.

View attachment 451044 Incoming! Deer in the headlights for the rest of the day until The Call comes.
Hey Veda, I got the same SMS just 20 minutes ago. And I only placed the order 11 days ago. I am a little surprised, as I was not expecting this to escalate for me for at least another month or even 2. I have had the reservation for a while, but I was expecting that since my order came so late, the reservation would not push me so much forward in the queue.
It would seam those messages were sent to QLD only.

Hey Veda, I got the same SMS just 20 minutes ago. And I only placed the order 11 days ago. I am a little surprised, as I was not expecting this to escalate for me for at least another month or even 2. I have had the reservation for a while, but I was expecting that since my order came so late, the reservation would not push me so much forward in the queue.
Hidden vin?