Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have now joined Team Lucky, I got my call today.

P+ Blue
Res: Jan 19
Order: Day 1
Alexandria pickup on 23rd Sept
4617 VIN

I really feel for those who might have been ahead of me in the queue with an earlier res, and those with #batterygate . My only hope is that you get a call soon for an early pickup.

@Vedaprime I'll confirm deets for you once I have the order doc.

Post any questions you like about my situation, I'm happy to add data to form the right picture where I can.

Yes. I was told my car is still on the boat though. Which contradicts what @Vedaprime has in his table.

It's possible. That Brotonne range is a massive set of numbers - it spans 1600 numbers (with gaps). Production could have moved on the planned day, we wouldn't be aware of it yet. Nobody has that range yet with dates, so it is plausible. Warrnambool is here Sunday night. We will only know later when the invoices start to come out. I will adjust it if/when that happens. On evidence now, it had enough time to make Brotonne. Brotonne only arrived last weekend, so it is still early days for you. We are pretty clearly seeing it taking time for the cars to come through logistics (like 12v issues having an effect). Remember some people haven't received calls from the first ship yet, so it could be a ways off for you yet.

Example of split across 2 ships - 4431xx, and 4434 have split production over 2 days over a week apart.

Last edited:
Some insight as to how busy they are ... "We're a little swamped with inbound calls from people who cars aren't ready for delivery"

Yeah sorry, I honestly have zero sympathy for them. This is kind of what happens when you maintain ZERO communication with your customers over a $100,000 product.

They could easily reduce their workload with better and more effective communication. Do not blame this on the customers.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Everyones worst nightmare just happened for me.

Phone rang with an unfamiliar number whilst I was in a meeting at work.
I got voicemail and it was Tesla wanting to arrange a delivery date.

Why didn't I just answer........ WHY????????????

They emailed asking for a convenient time to call back. ANYTIME!!!

Note. Not meaning to pee anyone off but I ordered 24th August, no reservation so I'm assuming they are getting through the backlog quick. P3+ white and white in SYD.

Everyones worst nightmare just happened for me.

Phone rang with an unfamiliar number whilst I was in a meeting at work.
I got voicemail and it was Tesla wanting to arrange a delivery date.

Why didn't I just answer........ WHY????????????

They emailed asking for a convenient time to call back. ANYTIME!!!

Note. Not meaning to pee anyone off but I ordered 24th August, no reservation so I'm assuming they are getting through the backlog quick. P3+ white and white in SYD.

oooh hopefully I will be blessed with a call too haha. I am also a white on white. Hopefully this means we have some progress. Let us know your date when you get one, someone else here’s had September 23rd I think.

It's possible. That Brotonne range is a massive set of numbers - it spans 1600 numbers (with gaps). Production could have moved on the planned day, we wouldn't be aware of it yet. Nobody has that range yet with dates, so it is plausible. Warrnambool is here Sunday night. We will only know later when the invoices start to come out. I will adjust it if/when that happens. On evidence now, it had enough time to make Brotonne. Brotonne only arrived last weekend, so it is still early days for you. We are pretty clearly seeing it taking time for the cars to come through logistics (like 12v issues having an effect). Remember some people haven't received calls from the first ship yet, so it could be a ways off for you yet.

Example of split across 2 ships - 4431xx, and 4434 have split production over 2 days over a week apart.
You are also assuming that all VINs are allocated to vehicles from a range. Tesla doesn't necessarily use all VINs or produce vehicles with a VIN sequentially, so some may not even be used yet. Lower number VINs are still appearing on new cars in other markets, and there are over 150,000 unused VINs atm compared to model 3 production. Outlier VIN cars could be on any later ship unless the customer has an invoice with the production date...or the car in their garage.

oooh hopefully I will be blessed with a call too haha. I am also a white on white. Hopefully this means we have some progress. Let us know your date when you get one, someone else here’s had September 23rd I think.

Fair play to Tesla, they called me back straight away.

I'm booked in for Sept 26th !!!

Rejoice!!!

you are also assuming that all VINs are allocated to vehicles from a range. Tesla doesn't necessarily use all VINs or produce vehicles with a VIN sequentially, so some may not even be used yet. Lower number VINs are still appearing on new cars in other markets, and there are over 150,000 unused VINs atm compared to model 3 production. Outlier VIN cars could be on any ship unless the customer has an invoice with the production date...or the car in their garage.

I am definitely not assuming all vins are allocated from a range.

That's right re how you describe it. They don't use all vins (actually quite a lot - eg Cap was over a 1000 vin range but was 500 vehicles). Vins are global and include LHD, but we don't have a specific RHD range either. The vins I am seeing in the data are mostly following sequence but there are outliers either way. Hopefully I am making that clear when I pick them up. But they are the exception rather than the norm in the data we have. The invoice is the ultimate proof.

Last edited:
Some insight as to how busy they are ... "We're a little swamped with inbound calls from people who cars aren't ready for delivery" ... and no this is not in reply to me.

Tough tits, if they are going to go dark and not give anyone updates on what is going on then they can expect some phone calls, if their systems are so fragile they can’t dedicate a single staff member to give updates then they should invest a bit of money into this.

Having said that I have called them twice in 3 years, one time to correct an error in my delivery address and once to try and find out what will happen to my car when I can’t pick it up for six weeks due to the August delivery estimate not being met (for what reason I don’t know). They fixed the first one on the spot and told me they would get back to me about the second which I am still waiting for.