Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are also very good reasons why reverse parking is very impractical. If you have a 4WD like mine, a Prado with a single long door, you have virtually zero chance of loading anything into the back of the vehicle unless you go in forwards.

And also the inconvenience factor for other people using the road/parking lot who have to wait while you drive past your intended parking spot/driveway, stop, shift into reverse, and then back into the spot/off of the road. Going nose-first obstructs shared-use resources for less time than backing in.

Had another reason to pass by Autonexus again to see if anything obvious to see for these delays. Low and behold, two truck loads carrying another 19? model 3's just offloading (at least one vehicle was a toyota and each truck carried 10 cars...I think?). Got a few photos and started videoing but was asked to stop. The employee said I could buy one if I wanted to take photos, and I told him I had. After that he was very apologetic but still wouldn't let me take more photos. Seems like these cars are trucked over after all...timing would roughly equate for round trip journey to Sydney since last offload on Sept 4th. The rear end of each lead car is splattered with bugs etc and both charge ports of the lead cars damaged/open. Looking very crowed at Autonexus so they must be not happy for delays getting the cars out...unless they are shipping them to some other place to sort out the 12V or whatever it is issue?? Attached are the photos of what I got.
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2477.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG

Price rises have hit website. About $2k extra-ish.
Yep Just checked the LR AWD , went up $900 to $85, 900 + taxes , stamp duty etc and that added another$1000, so total , Tesla makes another 900, State and Feds make another $1000 - So governments are the clear winners there.. looks like around 16k to the government and perhaps delivery fee might have gone up from $875 to $1375?

Out the door with ORC has risen $1900 for the LR AWD.

Reactions: Dave3333
The rear end of each lead car is splattered with bugs etc and both charge ports of the lead cars damaged/open.

Tesla probably didn't consider the car driving backwards at high speed for thousands of kms as a plausible testing scenario when designing that part. :)

Also kinda wish they had used the Toyota in the front spot to help shield the Teslas.

So it is not illegal, but is is smart?
Well this conversation has taken an interesting turn since it started with someone complaining about “annoying” low-speed warning sounds for BEVs.

As to me reversing out of my garage:
  1. The LEAF has a reversing camera - it gives me a better view of what is happening on the footpath and both sides of the garage than if I forwarded out, because I can’t see over the bonnet of the LEAF.
  2. I always reverse out extremely slowly.
  3. The LEAF makes an unmistakable “beep beep beep” sound when reversing which is louder, more understood (people know exactly what it means) and more distinctive, than the noise it makes when moving slowly forward. So coupled with (1) I think it is actually safer for me to reverse out than it would be for me to forward out.
Yeah.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
.. not helped by these $%^& SUV's that you can't see out of for 2 meters+ behind the car.

Still no excuse for the negligent parents running over kids. Kids should either be in the car or watched by an adult, not hanging around unsupervised in a driveway. It seems almost every time it happens the parents jump on the news blaming the car and everything else but themselves. It's so sad yet so easily preventable.

Still no excuse for the negligent parents running over kids. Kids should either be in the car or watched by an adult, not hanging around unsupervised in a driveway. It seems almost every time it happens the parents jump on the news blaming the car and everything else but themselves. It's so sad yet so easily preventable.
I'd say you don't have kids.

Legally, you’re right. But the level of aggro you’ll get from that response simply isn’t worth it. Not for a few photographs. Easier to just take the shots you have and walk away than to risk the confrontation, IMO.

I think a more polite explanation of the legals of taking photos from a public location generally gets a better response than swearing at someone. At least in my experience.

Yep Just checked the LR AWD, went up $900 to $85,900 + taxes , stamp duty etc and that added another $1000, so... Out the door with ORC has risen $1900 for the LR AWD.
Er, no. The incremental increase in stamp duty and LCT due to an increase in sticker price of $900 for LR AWD is (in NSW) $329 - which, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, is not $1000.

It appears Tesla has increased the delivery fee from $850 to $1375 - that’s Tesla’s decision, on top of the sticker price increase. So the “drive away” price for LR AWD has increased by about $1750, but only $329 of that is due to the government.

I'm sure anyone who's negligent enough to run over their own kid or pet could do that as easily in forward.
Unfortunately, humans, including myself are periodically negligent. I cannot remove all sources of danger to my kids or other peoples kids.

The work which I've done in Artificial Intelligence (AI) has me pretty convinced there is lots of scope in this area to eliminate this kind of human error.

Unfortunately, humans, including myself are periodically negligent. I cannot remove all sources of danger to my kids or other peoples kids.

The work which I've done in Artificial Intelligence (AI) has me pretty convinced there is lots of scope in this area to eliminate this kind of human error.

Supervising them around reversing cars is a good way to eliminate the risk of them getting run over...

• Disagree
Reactions: retsil
Moderators Note:
This is now a very long thread and finding information within it is not easy anymore.
Please keep the discussion strictly around the arrival of Model 3 in Australia.
I have just moved a bunch of posts regarding the "Tesla Stretch" to a Thread regarding that specific topic.
Model 3 poll- The Tesla stretch
Please keep that in mind.
You can use keywords to search for existing threads using the magnifying glass symbol in the top RH corner of every page.