Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The call I got moving delivery from September 19th to early October provided no details about the underlying cause of the delay or even any firm idea of when I would get my vehicle. While I appreciate the call, the caller had no real information and left me with more questions than answers. Even stranger, a few hours later the delivery details on my account changed.... but only by 1 hour!?

Stopped by Autonexus Adelaide and spotted 6-7 white Model 3s and at least 1 red. May have been more but the view wasn't great.

Given that I went past Adelaide AutoNexus on Sunday and no sighting of any Model 3’s and now your sighting including a few White Model 3’s, I think one of those might just be for me this coming Thursday. Still waiting for my balloon to burst, but after 8 different contact instances with Tesla today, looks like it’s actually going to happen.

Reactions: Hairyman
So 38 cars have been delivered to Autonexus in Canningvale to date? Has anybody in WA actually managed to get their hands on one?
My date got moved from September 30 to October 17. Anybody got a delivery date between those dates or are contractors unavailable due to school holidays?

I had the final delivery phone call from Melb this afternoon confirming delivery of the car off on the 19th and the steps that need to be done on the day.

So to answer your question, No, i haven't received the car yet but all looks like i will next week. There was someone in Perth on the FB group that received theirs on Monday though, Red P3D+.

Red and White here too. Have a vin but no details about delivery etc. hope we all get calls soon
I’m checking every day for a vin but no luck yet. It looks like about 50% of us have had their orders progressed so I figure the other 50% should hear something in the next two weeks or so. That might be wishful thinking but its about the only thing keeping me sane at the moment :)

Reactions: Dave3333
Unfortunately, humans, including myself are periodically negligent. I cannot remove all sources of danger to my kids or other peoples kids.

The work which I've done in Artificial Intelligence (AI) has me pretty convinced there is lots of scope in this area to eliminate this kind of human error.

Humans have been negligent since we existed, that doesn't give the government an excuse to be a nanny state. To bind us by a million frivolous laws that simply shifts the responsibility.
Just don't be an ass, be careful and most importantly use your common sense. Half the reason why no one seems to have common sense anymore is because we are being told what to do all the time. More asinine laws you have the more idiots you'll have.

Treat adults like children and sooner or later they'll start acting like children.

Got my 18" tsportline wheels for my P3D+ today. (Turbine style with the special P3+ brake centrebore Ordered late last week, super fast shipping.

Tyres through Costco. $823 out the door for PS4 (didn't worry about the S because I drive 20-30k per year). Also, the pilot sport 4S is not available in australia in the 18 size tesla specifies so you would have to import from the states.

TPMS spare set just in case, was initially dubious about this seller on ebay $80 for a set of FOUR. Arrived yesterday, literally perfect OEM continental part, tested perfect as well. (Says made in mexico?) Tesla is asking like 3-400 USD for these as a set.

I will say one thing. The era of questionable quality from Aliexpress / china is over. Haven't got a single poor quality product yet for the Tesla.

IMG_5121.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 18" tsportline wheels for my P3D+ today. (Turbine style with the special P3+ brake centrebore Ordered late last week, super fast shipping.

Tyres through Costco. $823 out the door for PS4 (didn't worry about the S because I drive 20-30k per year).

TPMS spare set just in case, was initially dubious about this seller on ebay $80 for a set of FOUR. Arrived yesterday, literally perfect OEM continental part, tested perfect as well. (Says made in mexico?) Tesla is asking like 3-400 USD for these as a set.

I will say one thing. The era of questionable quality from Aliexpress / china is over. Haven't got a single poor quality product yet for the Tesla.

View attachment 454084
View attachment 454085
Nice! Do the 18” wheels fit over the P3+ brakes?

Just joined forum. Just got wind of price increase. Still awaiting request for payment and delivery notification. My sales agreement says drive away Performance 105K, but if I go to Tesla website and build the same 3, it is now 109K. Tesla has had my deposit for some time. I realise that there are words like “estimate” and “may change” in the sales agreement, but am I actually expected to pay the increase? No opportunity made to me to pay? I would still be accepting of the delivery time blowout. Happy to pay and wait.
I note that when Tesla had a 3% price increase in the US in March, Americans were given until midnight on a certain day, to pay for their order. There was such Congestion, and they were then given two extra days to complete the payment. Is this another case of Australia does not deserve the same level of consideration, from the parent company, charge them what ever we feel like?

Unfortunately it is Friday evening, can not call Tesla until Monday office hours. I will cancel if it is the new price, not that they would care........Kaching,

So 38 cars have been delivered to Autonexus in Canningvale to date? Has anybody in WA actually managed to get their hands on one?
My date got moved from September 30 to October 17. Anybody got a delivery date between those dates or are contractors unavailable due to school holidays?

This one spotted on Freeway yesterday.
M3 Perth 13sept.jpg

Yeah it is. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to reverse safely, plus I'm sure anyone who's negligent enough to run over their own kid or pet could do that as easily in forward.
Iinjuring a child in pet in a reversing accident is not necessarily negligence. Such incidents are very tragic events and flippantly laying blame in such a generalised way just shows no experience or knowledge of how easily such things can happen. I hope that you are never unfortunate enough to wind up in that particular glass house.

1k excess :eek:.

Is that high? My thinking has always been that the insurance is there for things that cause significant damage or total loss of the car, which tend to be extremely rare and where a $1k+ out of pocket expense is a pittance compared to the insurance payout towards repairs or a replacement vehicle. Have I been doing it wrong?

This one spotted on Freeway yesterday.
View attachment 454090
My date has moved from September 16 to September 20 on my Tesla account, although my leasing company says their records show October 1. I have spoken to a Tesla rep from Melbourne delivery today who assured me that it will be September 20 although he then proceeded to have a bet both ways saying that any date is tentative. He also said that my car is not in Perth and not available. He was a bit flummoxed when I said I thought that it was likely to be at Auto Nexus in Canning Vale. Unfortunately I was traveling on the train and could not hear him very well, but the connection was interrupted shortly after.

• Informative
Reactions: Techno-phile