Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled for 28th Sept in Brisy for my P3D+ and my vin is 5171xx..
Build date is 14/08/19 but the vin tracker says my car won’t even arrive in Sydney until 04th October.
My electrician is booked for 1st Oct to install the HPWC. Hmmmmm...could be a problem if the vin tracker is accurate. ANY THOUGHTS?

Thanks for the info. You can’t be any earlier than Melina with that build date. The other ships had left by then. So it definitely isn’t in the country yet. It will arrive Saturday night or Sunday morning (21st/22nd). 28th delivery seems very ambitious. We haven’t seen anything faster then about 12 days from ship to delivery.. Keep us in the loop if this changes.

If the delivery does indeed occur - it could indicate an outside possibility - that Long Beach was used to load. ANL W was there 18th - 20th August. Up until now, Long Beach has never been used. Oakland has been every car. The reason I am speculating this is Europe just had cars transported to Philly and moved from the east coast, for the final ship to make it to Europe before end of quarter, instead of via Panama Canal. Maybe Long Beach was used similarly for a final push.

We won’t know until your car is delivered.

• Love
Reactions: Babbaloo
t have a chance to get my HPWC installed before work the following week which is going to be interesting with a 230km round trip commute (Geelong to Dandenong) .
Any chance of a standard power socket at work, even for a week or so? In a 9 hour workday you could add maybe 15kWh into your battery, enough for at least 80km. Do another 12 hours overnight and you might just make it!

Edit: also noticed that there is a 22kW Tesla Destination charger at the Atura Hotel Dandenong. At 11kW, this will give you about 55km/h, so maybe long boozy lunches are also in order?

Last edited:
We will need people to double check with the dash cam recording format. Apparently Tesla have been using 2.5 on SR long, long after the rollout. Performances generally have 3, but there are people with SR+ with a build date of July that still have 2.5

Could you share some details about this. My SR+ has a build date of "07/08/2019" on my invoice. I'm not sure if this is August or July.

In any case, what specifically can we check for to determine our hardware version? I really hope I don't have the back end of the 2.5 batch.

Google is my friend.
So apparently HW3 writes the sentry mode video files using H265 (aka HEVC) and 2.5 writes using H264 (aka AVC).
Though I found some people saying a software update made all HW versions write H264 files.
The only way to be sure is to ask Tesla.
Also, if you did get HW2.5, and if you upgrade to FSD, a HW3 computer is installed free.

My delivery is scheduled for 28th Sept in Brisy for my P3D+ and my vin is 5171xx..
Build date is 14/08/19 but the vin tracker says my car won’t even arrive in Sydney until 04th October.
My electrician is booked for 1st Oct to install the HPWC. Hmmmmm...could be a problem if the vin tracker is accurate. ANY THOUGHTS?

Three possibilities (at least):

1. What Vedaprime said.
2. The VIN tracker isn't perfectly accurate.
3. Tesla is doing some preemptive invoicing to collect as many payments as possible before October 1, even if they know they'll have to push back delivery dates on a lot of them.

Kinda lean towards the third option, on the basis that every communication I've received from them has been couched in language like "handover is currently penciled in for <time> on <date> here in our dedicated delivery bay at <location>. Please understand it's not unusual for dates to move around due to transit and final inspections". Leaves things wide open for last-minute scheduling changes.

Reactions: Babbaloo
Was trying to format a SSD last night, seemed to hang so I force quit disk util, now can’t even see the thing anymore, totally gone. Anyway, after me stuffing around for ages wife asks what I’m doing and was disappointed to learn that the new expensive car doesn’t come with dashcam storage built in. “Why should we have to provide this”? Not sure she’s as cool with the expense as she lets on. :-/

For Perth folks that have already received their cars or are waiting, considering purchasing, or just interested and want to check them out in the flesh, I will bring my blue P+ one to Cars & Coffee, this Sunday at UWA. I'll rock up around 9am. According to Techno-phile there should also be a red M3P+ there as well as his P100D. Details in the image below
cars and coffee.jpg

White P3D+ tomorrow!!! Have a Registration at DOTWA, delivery company has called to confirm location and time and all good to go.
it was due at 10:00am this morning ; delivery guy door bell rang at 8am. I was not ready lol. He had two more on for delivery after mine and said five more were going out in Perth today. Delivery took all of 5 minutes. My grumbles: front floor mat was out for delivery (i originally thought it was missing (but was put on top of the LHS passenger mat) so front carpet is dirty, Some scratches around the cup holder. The car decided it wanted to do a software update on the driveway so just waiting for it to complete that before setting up the car. will upload some images later

Same configuration and no VIN. According to the Melbourne delivery team, "they expect that I will receive my vehicle no later than the end of October" (email received yesterday).
You're lucky you get a reply. That could mean November for both of us. But I am going to go oversea in November. Mentioned that in the email. I guess that's why they didn't reply. They should have though. We would have said just slot us in last week of Nov or any time Dec. Everyone would have been happy. Anyhow, dropped a voice mail yesterday. Not really expect any call back. So tomorrow, might pay them a visit at Cramorne.

So excited !
Picked up my Blue SR+ last night from Richmond
couple of small paint swirls on bonnet from buffer, noted and will be fixed.
Other than that looks great!
One query I have is my software version is: 2019.15.104 6b5e094
Not sure what other people have, but this seems well behind the latest v9 releases...
Was expecting an update notification last night when I plugged in and on wifi but nothing yet....any tips?!