Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by Tesla Brisbane to drop off the custom plates today. There were a couple of demo cars parked out front:
Went past Perth Tesla service centre today, and they only had this demo available :(
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 5.40.30 pm.png

Thanks schnark, that’s very good to know. So...they’re building a service centre from scratch! Great!
What car do you have? May see you around town soon.
Yeah, should be good although we don't know where it is yet. I'll be getting a white P- with chrome delete and tinting so definately may see me. I also have five other friends getting cars although some are waiting on the P+, and I know of at least another three m3s coming to Canberra as well beyond those on the forums.

Last edited:
...but everyone's seen those. Also there was this car (4429XX VIN) being prepped for delivery around 1:30:
That was mine. :) Picked it up today just after 2.
Told them I'd be happy to take my car now since I was already there and it's already been paid for, but they said that the cars are showing up "literally the day before delivery". Both of the above vehicles were registered yesterday, so seems like that could well be true.
I can vouch for that somewhat. I went in on Friday to give them my plates. I checked the basement and my car wasn't there yet.

Reactions: 1st in Line
I have a 5170XX VIN (white seats) with a build date of 14/8, yet I have a tentative delivery date in Melbourne of 27/9. If they somehow manage to achieve that I’d be super impressed!

Interesting. I have a 5170XX VIN as well, but my car isn't due to arrive on the ship Debussy in Sydney on Oct 4.

Hoping for a build date prior to September 1 when the low speed noise maker was added.

How did you find out your build date?