Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AB4A824A-BC28-4DC2-AD3C-A453098B23F5.jpeg
Can anyone with a P- confirm theirs had the full Dual Motor with red underline badging? I’m starting to think the P+ may be the only one that has the badging at the back.

I can confirm P- comes with Dual Motor and red underline, as per photo of mine.

Is anyone able to help me out with USB media? I've formatted and installed a 64Gb drive (fat32 formatted). The dashcam and sentry modes seem to be enables and actively recording but I can't seem to get my music to appear in the media player. The usb on screen button that i can see in tutorial videos is just not there?

I've also tried rebooting
I think you need dual partitions on the drive to separate the music

Reactions: TaylorP and jowetts
Hi all,

Have updated to latest software version last night (2019.32.2.2 da05838). I have also hard rebooted the display screen depressing both toggles on steering wheel which reset the display BUT I cannot seem to find web browser in park? Does anyone else also have this issue?

Also, installed the screen protector. Everything was going smoothly until I depressed one edge a bit harder and the screen protector cracked at the edge..lol..take care not to press to hard. Luckily, not too expensive so might think about getting another one. For now, the screen is protected and no fingerprints..

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Went to the beach to do some kiteboarding today. Checked my phone after getting all my gear set up and had a missed call and a voicemail from Tesla.

Rang back immediately, and they bumped up my delivery from the 30th to the 26th. :D

Not sure if it's correlated, but I paid the invoice in full the day it arrived, and sent rego paperwork back early the next day. Delivered custom plates to them yesterday. 4882XX VIN, now appears on my order page. Hasn't changed from original hidden VIN.

Day one, driving about etc:
1. Screen was black after getting in and I had no idea what to do, was I doing something wrong? Pushed a few buttons and I think I nearly drove it forward into something, close call. Turns out (quickly Googled and found something from this forum) I needed to reset it using both buttons on steering wheel. All good now (cross-fingers)
2. Wife reckons it's too bright so need to get tinting done for the sides, any recommendations in Sydney? No idea how dark to go either.

edit: found these posts for some Sydney tinting place recommendations

3. Got sentry mode and dashcam sorted, some hilarious footage of my kids trying to open the car before I got back to it. I keep forgetting which icon is which and what to do to save a recent clip. Need to RTFM but was driving instead.

To add to the chat about delivery appointments, I didn't feel rushed at all when getting mine and the helper recommended having a good check if I wanted saying it was worth raising issues now if needed but also I could do it later. He even called over the technician to check one thing for me (the rubber bits near the bonnet edge/wiper resting point). He also confirmed all the brake fluid levels had been checked for the whole batch after I raised that concern too.

Last edited:
Is anyone able to help me out with USB media? I've formatted and installed a 64Gb drive (fat32 formatted). The dashcam and sentry modes seem to be enables and actively recording but I can't seem to get my music to appear in the media player. The usb on screen button that i can see in tutorial videos is just not there?

I've also tried rebooting

Brian from i1Tesla has an excellent Mac OS guide on getting dashcam/sentry mode and music on one SSD drive.

It doesn't have to be an SSD drive; the same method should also work on a USB flash drive.

Following Brian's video, I partitioned a 360GB M.2 SSD drive that I had installed in a USB-C enclosure into 2 partitions (200GB for dashcam and the rest for music). I use Windows 10, so I use Disk Management (available in Computer Management) to partition the drive into 2 simple volumes. After formatting the partitions as FAT32, they appeared as 2 drives in Windows. I created the "TeslaCam" folder in one drive, and copied a bunch of MP3 and FLAC files to the other.

When I plugged in the M.2 drive into my SR+, the dashcam icon appeared and I saw a new USB option in the media player :). The media player played the MP3/FLAC songs without any problems.

Yeah he's been really lucky. He ordered in mid/late July and initially got a call for September 27th delivery then subsequently received 2 more phone calls each time bringing the delivery earlier and earlier to today. He ordered LR AWD with FSD in MSM.

So after seeing a comment pages and pages ago saying that no LR AWDs had even left the states yet I had resigned myself to a late October delivery at the earliest.... now this!

How many people with LR AWD orders have vin or delivery dates? I didn’t order till 21 Aug, so I assume mine is still a while off, but it would be nice to hear if some were being delivered already.

1st post
White M3 P+ delivery this Tue in Sydney.

I was in a Public car park today and there were about 20-30 Tesla M3 awaiting delivery with Sentry mode activated. I checked the VINS but mine wasn’t there. So excited for everyone, looked like there were quite a few P- and SR+.

Attachments

• A69F7B78-3DE6-40D4-88BC-0D7E2CB432F5.jpeg
    A69F7B78-3DE6-40D4-88BC-0D7E2CB432F5.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 49
  • C1377431-975D-453C-8AE4-1D0A23F104D5.jpeg
    C1377431-975D-453C-8AE4-1D0A23F104D5.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 55
Had a tentative delivery date of Monday 23/9 since 30/8.

Didn't hear anything since paying my invoice and got very nervous since it was getting very close, but was also slightly optimistic after reading lots of people had their Melbourne deliveries brought forward.

Received a call Sunday 12pm saying that the delivery has been delayed to Friday (with a chance of Wednesday/Thursday). I asked if they could elaborate on the reason to which she just indicated there were transport delays from Sydney. I also saw other Melbourne deliveries on Monday are also delayed to Friday.

I'm disappointed but not mad, however I'm more confused how later deliveries were brought forward. My theory is that a batch of cars (that mine's in) had to have significant repairs to be done in Sydney and they were late to complete and transport them. An alternate theory was that some transport trucks broke down.

Invoice received after IMO, far too long waiting since the SMS/The Call. Blue P3D- VIN matches my hidden VIN, 13km on the odometer.
Looks like Tesla team is working through the Sunday. I just received my invoice. Same VIN as my hidden one. Manufactured 10/07/2019 and 6km on the clock. Delivery scheduled for 30/09/2019. SR+ with MSM paint :) I wonder if that was because I emailed the Brisbane office on Friday and they promised to look at getting me invoice or if that invoice was coming today anyways. Either way am a bit excited :)

Had a tentative delivery date of Monday 23/9 since 30/8.
Received a call Sunday 12pm saying that the delivery has been delayed to Friday (with a chance of Wednesday/Thursday). I asked if they could elaborate on the reason to which she just indicated there were transport delays from Sydney. I also saw other Melbourne deliveries on Monday are also delayed to Friday.

I'm disappointed but not mad,
We had the same thing. Delivery was meant to be 17th and got pushed back to 21st. I think they are under the pump. For Sat delivery, there were about 20-25 cars being unloaded off flatbed trailers around 9am. The delay is disappointing but you will absolutely love your car from the second you drive it.
Keep the faith. It’s going to be worth it

Reactions: TaylorP
Looks like Tesla team is working through the Sunday. I just received my invoice. Same VIN as my hidden one. Manufactured 10/07/2019 and 6km on the clock. Delivery scheduled for 30/09/2019. SR+ with MSM paint :) I wonder if that was because I emailed the Brisbane office on Friday and they promised to look at getting me invoice or if that invoice was coming today anyways. Either way am a bit excited :)
Get excited x 10 squared

My quick thoughts after picking up my P- at 9am in Sydney this morning.
  • There were a lot of cars waiting for delivery and a lot of staff.
  • My car was still wet in places, I’d guess washed that morning or the night before.
  • The delivery team member ran through his script but couldn’t answer anything other than simple questions without walking off to ask someone else.
  • It took about 5mins because I cut his script a bit short as I knew it anyway.
  • The car has 4 visible scratches (deep enough to catch a fingernail as you run it over). Plus the usual swirl marks that every dealer manages to put on the paint pre-delivery. They were noted and I was told to log them in the app. I’m going to talk to the people who will do the ceramic paint protection to see if I should leave it to them or get Tesla to fix. I couldn’t find any blemishes in the paint otherwise.
  • There are minor panel gap issues, I actually checked my Golf GTI for reference and it’s nowhere near as good as I would have thought.
  • The car had 6km on it (invoice said 2km) and was 75% charged.
  • It had an old software version on it with the update to 32.2.2 already downloaded and ready to install.
  • The drivers window squeaks badly. If I put the window down 5mm it stops, back up it starts again. I’ll log it to be fixed.
  • The suspension is firmer than, or not as good as my Golf GTI. Not badly so, but adjustable suspension would be great....
  • The acceleration is stupid. Like stupid. I grin and giggle every time. I do worry how a younger me would go in a car like this.... If this sort of speed becomes common I can see a lot more crashes....
  • Regen took a while to get used to but I’m now a one foot driver, you only need the brake from 5kmh to a stop.
  • The smoothness of the motors is incredible, I’m still waiting for gear changes that never come.
  • The steering is really nice.
  • The seats are comfy.
  • The roof is dark enough. On a sunny Sydney day I forgot the roof was glass. Maybe in the middle of summer it will be different.
  • I don’t find the car noisy at all (some complain of wind noise at higher speeds?).
  • It’s using less energy than I thought it would. 150km done at an average of 145wh/km.
  • Autopilot took 4km to calibrate on a clearly marked motorway.
  • Autopilot is ok when it works, and dangerous when it doesn’t. In an 80 zone autopilot applied maximum braking in response to a road plate ahead. If there had been a car (or heaven forbid a truck) behind me it would have been all over. I was doing 30kmh before I could get my foot on the accelator to override it. In stop start traffic it brakes too aggressively and leaves too large a gap to the car in front (same as my GTI does). I got flashed by the car behind (and rightly so IMO) so I gave up and went old school. The car is a long long way away from full self driving based on what I saw. The braking event has spooked me so much I doubt I will use autopilot.
  • The emergency lane departure kicked in for no reason and swerved me toward a concrete lane divider (one of the 3ft high ones). It scared me so much I have turned it off.
  • Sadly I hadn’t set Dashcam up when the above things happened.
  • Hmmm. I’m worried that all sounded negative, it’s the best car I’ve ever driven, I love it, just not autopilot.