Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd try Supercharging on my new Model 3, to compare the charge rate to what was happening lately on my previous Model S P85D.

Upshot is that I only got 35-40 kW throughout the charge - although it did stay flat at that rate. Yes, I was sharing a companion stall and yes SOC was a bit higher up. Anyway, initial unscientific conclusion is that Tesla has dialled down the rates (as discussed in other threads) for all Teslas, perhaps not just those with older packs.

Since I got charged $6.75 for 15 kWh, this also proves that my referral credits never registered (the whole link thing was pretty clumsy when I put the order in originally). So, they've asked for delivery feedback, so I will give this back to them I guess. I shall stick to home charging off solar and PW2 - with my set-up that is most convenient and cost effective for me in the end.

IMG_0747.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: maveric74
Great speech by Greta Thunberg at the UN Climate Conference & the need to transition to non-polluting vehicles
Finally, someone has the stones to say publicly which generations are to blame & that you won’t be forgiven

Not just great. Brilliant. My better half said the same thing. Finally, someone to tell the politicians to behave and act responsibly. They act like children, only of age 5. Time for them to grow up and smell the change.

BTW, any drivers still here? We have community until we all turn back into road ragers after delivery :)

Not a driver yet - three more sleeps to go [hopefully...].

I am not saying that all the posts are without justification, but I note that - naturally - an awful lot of posts so far were about delivery issues. As Tesla works through the initial delivery hump and associated teething issues, I expect those issues to fall away pretty soon.

There have already been the first skirmish posts about supercharging and I suspect a lot more energy will go into complaining about the lack of sufficient availability of these, until the infrastructure can catch up with the current step change in demand (and learning of appropriate super charger etiquette).

Following this, I expect another inevitable focus of posts will be about service issues, as Tesla will try once again to ramp up its support network to keep up with its rapidly increasing customer base.

I hope to never turn into a road rager - my mother already complained about her first negative Model 3 driver experience in this regard. However, like you ATSC I look forward to track how things will develop here after people take delivery.

I guess right now everyone has a plan of what they intend to do with their Model 3... but like the great American philosopher Mike Tyson famously said:

"Everyone has a plan...

.... and then you get hit in the face!"

Let's see how things will pan out vs what people currently expect.