Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that my SR+ has the reverse (white) light on the passenger side only.

Can other owners please chime in? Is this normal or do I need to book in a service check?

Edit: confusion ensues after checking that our Model X has reverse lights symmetrically on both sides.
Yes. It's correct. Red light on the back of driver side is for fog light when rear fog light is enabled.

Reactions: Tigger
Thanks for confirming.

I am supportive of the simplification/streamlining and all of that, but I can't help but feel this is a liability. Visual confirmation that a car is reversing shouldn't require more than a split second glance from either side of a vehicle.

Many Euro cars like this. My 2019 Golf...one rear fog light, one rear reversing light. My 6 VWs since 2014 all the same. Friends Merc C class from 2016 exactly the same. No biggie...

• Informative
Reactions: Tigger
I emailed Tesla today and this was their response, I've had just about enough of their promises that they know damn well are lies. Months late and the only communication you get is when you get onto them...

"Hi I was due for a September delivery which came and went and now it looks like an October delivery won't happen either, can I please get some information here as to what is happening with my almost 80k vehicle? I mean will this vehicle even be delivered this year? I just want to know what's going on.

Regards,

Monica"

"Hi Monica,

At this point in time the next delivery time frame will be late November/early December so yes we are working on getting them delivered this year but if something comes up and we are able to get you behand the wheel sooner I will reach out to you ASAP.

Kind regards,

Christopher Berg | Delivery Advisor

Brisbane, Australia

[email protected]"

Reactions: WoodWombat
You people make excellent points for and against.

Yes it's an absolute dreamboat to drive, you got that right.

You also make an excellent point. At some stage in the near future I will be carless for a while when they repair it and I hope they throw in a hire car or something. I can certainly say I've never had these kind of issues when buying from a dealership, zing!

Maybe this is a rare customisation opportunity. I could stick an offensive sticker where the logo isn't, or I could get the T E S L A chrome lettering like Franz's model 3.

View attachment 468944
You could also turn it into a Honda Civic!
https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/tesla-model-3-owner-puts-honda-civic-si-badges-on-electric-sedan/

• Funny
Reactions: MonicaPlease
Saw my first M3 in the flesh today on Berrigan Drive in Perth at about 0815. White. Std number plates. It's, in the flesh, a beautiful car, certainly no picture or video I've seen of it does it justice. Nicely hunkered down and 'mean' looking. I LIKE !
I saw my first Perth M3 on Monday 21st on GE Hwy, west bound around 0515.pm. A black one. I agree, it looked very smart in motion. Maintaining discipline!

Reactions: Techno-phile
My 18" aeros came with 42psi in them, now on a cold morning they tend to actually show 40-41 psi. When I did a bit longer drive with the car after about 100km I checked and they were showing 44 psi, so the temperature and driving makes the actual pressure fluctuate a bit. I would not recommend pumping them to the tire maximum rating when cold, as from my experience they can easily fluctuate by 10% between cold and warm driving conditions, probably more if you do very spirited driving.

the rating should be for cold tires though.

Anyone eles had issues with spotify?

Every day it plays 2/3 songs then I get the spinning wheel of death and have so soft reset the car. Have a premium account with spotify. Tried a hard reset with the brake pedal but exactly the same results after a few songs are played. I pretty much rely on the radio as spotify is useless to me.

Dropped the car off for service today (paint and body issues, mostly). Brisbane Tesla extremely disorganized, and worse hasn't done any planning whatsoever with regards to courtesy vehicles. Not even when they've been told in advance that the bodyshop needs to keep the car for multiple days and you live 100km away.

All they offered was a $75 Uber voucher, which is hardly adequate when the cheapest Uber back home costs $150 already and then you've got no car for a week. Severely disappointed on that front. Tesla is leaving people out-of-pocket and vehicleless over warranty repairs.

Anyhow, saw at least 5 or 6 other Model 3's at the bodyshop when dropping off there. Guess mine's not the only one needing some warranty repairs. :D

And if you really want to appreciate just how polished the Model 3 driving experience actually is, drive one for a month and then try driving something like your wife's (relatively) new i30. She used to have "the good car". Now it's just plain crude by comparison. There's no going back to ICE.

Anyone eles had issues with spotify?

Oddly enough, one of the other people with a service appointment at Tesla Brisbane had similar complaints. Tesla rep blamed it on "issues with Spotify's servers" and said there was nothing they can do. Which is true enough, if Spotify really is having server issues.

Who is doing the repair for Tesla?

Drive Accident Solutions.

Very good experience with them so far. Much more organized/attentive/helpful than Tesla. Gave an initial estimate of 3 days for repairs based on what Tesla sent over, and then were quite up front about needing to have it for longer than that "due to the number of issues" that needed fixing, after seeing it in person.

Even gave me a free lunch* while I waited for my ride back home.

* Probably they'll just bill it to Tesla. :)

Did they offer you a courtesy car when you booked the repair?

Who? Tesla, or the repair place? Tesla never offered, and refused when I brought it up. Tried arguing, asking if I should just rent a car and bill them for it, etc., and they absolutely would not budge from "$75 Uber voucher, take it or leave it".

The repair place also didn't offer and said they didn't have one available when I asked, but I think they were caught off-guard. Apparently Tesla only sent my details to them this morning (!), and when they contacted me to book in the repairs I went straight to "hang on, I thought I booked in through the Tesla app weeks ago; I'm going to be in Brisbane today anyways so can't I just drop it off today, since that was the whole reason for going to Brisbane in the first place?", and they were fine with that. But no courtesy car from them. They said to ask Tesla.

Possible they may have been able to arrange a car had I not been dropping off my car on such short notice. And possible that I wouldn't have been dropping the car off on such short notice if Tesla had actually sent them my details a couple of weeks ago, like they claimed to have done in the SMS they sent me. But I've got overseas travel coming up and had already arranged time off work to drive the car in today like the Tesla app said I should do, so :rolleyes: at the whole disorganized mess.

• Informative
Reactions: HighlyCharged
Hmm...No courtesy car from Tesla. Not good enough. I don’t think any repairers offer courtesy cars. With the inconvenience caused by Tesla not repairing the damages prior to delivery, not providing a courtesy car is just adding insult to injury.

I have to work out what to do when I get my car, in the event that I get one with visible damages which require fixing. May be I will simply refuse to accept the car unless given a written promise that a courtesy car will be provided while the car is being fixed. But I would have paid for the car....

Last edited:
I emailed Tesla today and this was their response, I've had just about enough of their promises that they know damn well are lies. Months late and the only communication you get is when you get onto them...
What did you order? Was it LR AWD? Has anyone taken delivery yet of a LR AWD? “Late Nov” is what the website says now for anyone ordering today!

What is the quality of the reverse camera view at night? I read form the model s thread it is bad on model s due to the poor illumination from the reverse light.

reverse camera is just a standard camera so you do not see anything at night. However, the brake light and reverse light is so bright that it will turn night to day and then you can see just fine.