Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Model 3 SR+ for my business as an artist / photographer. It can tow my 750kg unbraked aluminium single axle 5x7 trailer with all my camping, photography and art supplies (or 910kg braked). I have to be super careful with what I pack due to mass constraints. It is a beautiful car.

I put down a reservation last night for the Cybertruck. It has outrageous specs. I could pack anything. You just can’t beat its functionality. It is ugly.

I have never been one to care about what other people think. This will come in handy when I get my truck. I am hoping that over the coming years before it gets here it will grow on me. Plus when I am IN the Cybertruck I don’t have to look AT the Cybertruck

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
People used to say that about the original LEAF. Still do. And being a ‘weirdsmobile’ was used as an argument as to why people shouldn’t buy it. So I do find it interesting how Tesla can do ugly and then (some) people embrace it. Go figure!
I agree it is a very ugly ute. I have several builder mates who are right into the whole Tesla mantra and vehicles, and have been anxiously waiting for the ute to be announced, but after yesterday they all said basically the same thing. They are happy with the price and specs etc, but they wouldn't be caught dead driving around in that thing. Just the embarrassment for pulling up to a work site in it. Australians are not like the yanks. We generally don't like to flaunt, especially a weird looking ute from some blade runner future.
Wish he had made a ute that had great specs and could be a little futuristic, but not that thing.
Watch i1tesla's take on it on youtube. Pretty much sums it up for me

I agree that it does look weird, but my first care is that it works. They have got the underpinnings well worked out already. The thing I am drawn to is the lines of sight from the driver’s position. It looks like something that would have a lot of fairly big forward and rearward blind spots at the moment. I will be interested to see how they clear those up.

Hi I am a new member with SR+. Anyone here had success with Homelink?

Just had my Homelink activated a few days back but it doesn't work with ATA GDO6-v2 roller door. although the frequency range seems to indicate (433.92) it should work with Tesla Homelink I have not been able to get it working. any ideas

Thanks again Veda! My phone hasn't left my side for weeks now. LOL
Hi guys, I got an email from Tesla in late October about my order (read SR+, Melbourne). A VIN (4734XX) was assigned, and they said delivery would be late November. A few weeks ago I got a call from Tesla saying delivery would be early December.

According to Veda, my VIN was on Synergy Oakland that arrived in Sydney on 16th Nov. However I haven't received an invoice, and no communication from Tesla either.

I'm getting a bit anxious now. Should I get in touch with them, or should I just keep calm and wait?

Cheers.

Hi max_q,
I am in the same VIN range as you 4734XX waiting for Blue SR+ in Melbourne. I did get an invoice on the 8/11 but have not had a call for delivery yet either. Waiting by the phone.
We should both hear something soon.