Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I am picking up mine (SR+ Deep Metallic Blue) on Tuesday
I'll report by about 2.30 Monday. Sydney pickup. SR+ MSM.
Was a report in the 3 deliveries thread that a 614xxx VIN didn't have USB-C, so I'm suspecting no.
Unless they had a whole stack of part finished US cars that they left incomplete while they did a stack of new RHD cars

So with 80 on the 2nd ship, looks like only about 200 Tesla's made it in Q2, probably 250 deliveries as I recall some had slipped into April.

My advisor mentioned there were quite a few white leather cars in the shipment.

Before making the final decision to buy, we are waiting to see if Tesla treats the Australian market equitably. It would seem fair that as prices went up when the AUD crashed due to coronavirus effects on markets that prices would now be restored to the previous levels as for the last 3 weeks plus the AUD has been back at the same levels seen prior to AUD drop caused by coronavirus market effects.

Added to the above is that Tesla has recently reduced prices for the same models in the US and China as well as other countries – for factors not related to exchange rates. Is Australia to see those price decreases or are Australian consumers to be treated differently?

In the meantime, we are using the waiting time to consider other options. Is anyone else waiting for a price restore?