Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might as well wait for 2021 vins which get allocated for Oct, Nov builds with Dec, Jan deliveries

Good point, in fact best to put it off to 2022, no one should be taking the risk and buying a car that may not be the most feature packed on the road, no one should be seen dead without wireless phone charging and usb-C.

Good point, in fact best to put it off to 2022, no one should be taking the risk and buying a car that may not be the most feature packed on the road, no one should be seen dead without wireless phone charging and usb-C.

Haha well may also get cheaper price if going for SR+ and the way the Aus is steaming ahead.. but yeah end of the day.. hard to judge when is good.. like all of us we wanted it badly.. and waited long enough.. I missed out on a 2020 vin by a week .. people think the 2020 model has stuff 2019 model doesn't.. yet tesla don't really go by model years.. it's a rolling improvement

Haha well may also get cheaper price if going for SR+ and the way the Aus is steaming ahead.. but yeah end of the day.. hard to judge when is good.. like all of us we wanted it badly.. and waited long enough.. I missed out on a 2020 vin by a week .. people think the 2020 model has stuff 2019 model doesn't.. yet tesla don't really go by model years.. it's a rolling improvement

Steaming ahead? It's down 1.5% since this time last week....

You'll pay an extra $3k-$4k in interest and LCT....that's like 30% more....I'd say pay upfront of wait for subscription model...

All up has ended up being extra 133 extra per month over 7 years so yeah about 2700 more than upfront.....although depending on individual deductions could still be viable ..meanwhile 8500 can be spared towards other upfronts...

if knew subscription was going to be offered at the time would have waited.. will be interesting to see what it will be per month

Correct. With 288 cases in VIC today, people need to follow the rules. Unless of course you’d like to see 2888 cases and VIC in Stage 4.

I think those that have already been down in their coast homes for the past 2+ weeks should be entitled to stay.....I agree I shouldn't be allowed to pack up the family and head down (which is why we haven't).....there is a big push to make holiday home owners down in Mornington Peninsula, that have been staying in their holiday homes for the past 2+ weeks, to go back to Melbourne, this seems ridiculous to me and akin to forcing someone back in to a danger zone....

For the Model 3 people with supercharger referral credits, so I rang this morning and was told from a global level they aren't being extended due to Covid. Admittedly it's $100 of value I lost which isn't that big of a deal, but it's annoying given the quite small size of the Supercharger network in Australia and that Melbourne is still under Stage 3 lock down and unlike the USA we actually actually staying at home.