Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the DS comes too. There is some paper work that needs to be signed. Hopefully it's not just the truck driver. Also before the driver leaves inspect the car fully and have him fill out the due list. Basically a punch list of thinks that need fixing. Not sure how that works with a home delivery. Lastly they gave me a nice gift back with some swag. The most significant were 2 key fob holders. These are great so that keys don't get scratched. Although they may already be worn from the prior owner since fob holders were not originally given out. They did a nice unveiling at the center for my pickup but seeing the car unloaded from the truck is pretty cool too. Congrats. Enjoy.

I wonder if the DS comes too. There is some paper work that needs to be signed. Hopefully it's not just the truck driver. Also before the driver leaves inspect the car fully and have him fill out the due list. Basically a punch list of thinks that need fixing. Not sure how that works with a home delivery. Lastly they gave me a nice gift back with some swag. The most significant were 2 key fob holders. These are great so that keys don't get scratched. Although they may already be worn from the prior owner since fob holders were not originally given out. They did a nice unveiling at the center for my pickup but seeing the car unloaded from the truck is pretty cool too. Congrats. Enjoy.
I doubt that the DS will accompany the car. The paperwork will be done online and by mail. As for the "due list", I'll try to keep an eye on that stuff. But for much of it I doubt that I'll know what to look for.

So far as extra stuff is concerned, what I really want is the all weather floor mats, but I doubt that I'll be able to get them to swap mats for me. Regular floor mats aren't helpful in snow and mud; I'm not interested in pretty, I want practical. Can't hurt to ask though.

I may have the delivery done down in town at the library rather than make them go up to where I live. Largest parking lot — dirt, of course, there aren't any paved ones — in the town and a convenient place to meet anyway.

Colorado. There is a great delivery checklist somewhere on this forum. Make sure you read up before delivery. For me the key items were the conditions of the rims and tires as well as the state of the leather interior. there were where marks on all four entranceways on the leather and Tesla was willing to have them all replaced for new ones. make sure you do A thorough review otherwise you might not get a second chance. Also there was a small ding on one of the doors and they were able to get paintless dent repair and make it look really good

I've noticed that a number of cars that had disappeared off the CPO list have reappeared recently, including the one I mentioned as my "backup" upthread. Any ideas why that happens?

Couple of reasons -- Tesla moves cars in and out of CPO listing regularly.. or cars that were sold, prepped, shipped, and then refused by the buyer. Can't really tell which. Even though there are between 400 and 500 CPO cars listed on the TM site, there are always more that are not listed.

Colorado. There is a great delivery checklist somewhere on this forum. Make sure you read up before delivery. For me the key items were the conditions of the rims and tires as well as the state of the leather interior. there were where marks on all four entranceways on the leather and Tesla was willing to have them all replaced for new ones. make sure you do A thorough review otherwise you might not get a second chance. Also there was a small ding on one of the doors and they were able to get paintless dent repair and make it look really good
I think that this is the delivery checklist you were referring to:

Tesla Model S Buyers', Delivery and Owners' Guide

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware of it! (Trying to gather information at TMC is like trying to drink from a fire hose.)

Apparently it is an included service; the DS implied that there was no extra charge, although I didn't ask the question. I was flabbergasted that there is such a thing as CPO delivery and trade-in pickup.

It was the same when I bought my CPO in May 2015. Any delivery charges include delivery to your house if you are over 150 or so miles away from the Service Center. For me, that would have included my house since Charlotte didn't have its business license for delivery yet, so deliveries happened from the Raleigh Service Center.

I placed my deposit on a CPO car that popped up on 2/4. It took a few days to get pictures and still no report. I finally got a call today saying that the car is is not CPO-able and therefore cannot be sold as such. I've been anxious just to get the pictures and possibly the CPO report. Sucks to have waited so long and end up with nothing.

I believe in the product so I guess it's back to searching. However, my lease ends this Friday so that just adds insult to injury.

5YJSA1CP3DFP26088

It was the right color, interior and exterior. It had the right options, sacrificing a little bit here or there, but for the price it was well worth it. It even had the jump seats put in as aftermarket. I asked for them to keep it for me and advisor said he would try. Terribly disappointed...

Inventory seems to be dropping! When I started looking in mid January it was at 520 or so. Now it is at 390. not sure what is driving the decrease.

I placed my deposit for a car in San Francisco on 1/29. I am in Portland, OR. Still no firm word on when it might be delivered even though I am coming up on 3 weeks. It isn't a big deal, but it has been a longer wait than I expected.

I've read of people having to wait up to 2 months and complaining about the CPO process taking place AFTER someone decides to buy a certain car. I don't mind waiting for the car to be certified accordingly. What sucks with my case is that I was explained that since there is an issue with the drive unit, the car will most likely be wholesaled instead of retailed as a CPO unit. Anyone heard of something like this before?

Been lurking in this forum for a while, and this thread since it started, but I think this is my first post. So I'll introduce myself.

I was waiting for the Model 3 unveiling before putting a deposit on a car, but came across a deal too good to pass up last week, and put a deposit on a 2013 P85 for $53900. My car is scheduled for delivery sometime in March.

Might still put a deposit on Model 3 next month, but so excited to finally have my own Tesla!

Spec sheet is below, will post photos when it arrives!

Attachments

• My_Tesla-2.jpg
    My_Tesla-2.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 91
Feel the pain! I'm having to private party sell my old car before I can buy a CPO Model S, because the trade in amounts offered on my old car are untolerably low (as low as 50% of KBB trade-in value for average condition). Since the money from my old car is part of my Tesla budget, it has to go before I can buy a CPO car. Paid off the lein, now I have to wait to get all the paperwork in order and get the lein off the title, then sell it, and then I could be without a car for months as I try to find a CPO car that's a close enough match to what I want and then wait for it to actually be prepped and delivered. And I've been watching the inventory amounts dwindle too. I hope they go back up. Would be so typical my luck for the available inventory to be almost gone by the time I can actually buy. If I have to I'll buy a new one, but the added cost would add years to my wait that has already lasted for years (I started planning to buy a Model S back in mid 2013, getting things paid off, saving for the Tesla, making sure no more new children, etc; on the plus side I checked my credit score recently and it has soared to over 850).

Last edited:
Been lurking in this forum for a while, and this thread since it started, but I think this is my first post. So I'll introduce myself.

I was waiting for the Model 3 unveiling before putting a deposit on a car, but came across a deal too good to pass up last week, and put a deposit on a 2013 P85 for $53900. My car is scheduled for delivery sometime in March.

Might still put a deposit on Model 3 next month, but so excited to finally have my own Tesla!

Spec sheet is below, will post photos when it arrives!

Congrats and great price on a nicely loaded car! :)

Thanks guys!

Yes, it's such a deal I pulled the trigger almost immediately. I've been systematically watching the site and waiting for the right car, and happened to get really lucky on this one. It popped up, and I think I had the deposit on it within 2 hours of it being posted.

It's got 42k miles on it, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for the price. If it was half the miles, I wasn't willing to an extra $10k.

Plus, I have warranty for 8 years unlimited miles regardless, and the 4 year/50k doesn't start till I take delivery.

I do want to see how reliable these cars are as they get to higher mileage anyways. I've had some german cars before that started to fall apart around 65k miles. With this one I'll get to do it on someone else's dime, with a loaner, and valet service. I'll take it!