Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier this month I was on the lookout for a 2nd Model S (for my wife) and on may 9th Ipurchased this beauty http://logmysc.com/cpo*opts.php?vin=S00243. Tesla originally had herwith only 50 miles but since I knew this # was unrealistic, I simply called them for the exactmileage (2012 @ 23k still a good IMO). A day later, Tesla gave me the most awesome shock ofa lifetime (slight exaggeration). Turns out the original owner was one of the few who paid tohave their signature P85 completely upgraded to a P85+! Tesla declined to tell me exactly how much the customer spent but from reading the forums, it was probably in the range of +-23k. I Was supposed to pick her up today but Tesla insisted on a few more days to get everything perfect. However, I did take a few shots! Tesla's CPO program is awesome!
20150522_132547_resized.jpg

20150522_132612_resized.jpg
20150522_132703_resized.jpg

Whole bunch of price reductions just came through:

==========> Price change S02077: from 81,450 to 80,700
==========> Price change P48020: from 118,500 to 109,500
==========> Price change P06853: from 85,900 to 84,500
==========> Price change P21149: from 89,300 to 86,600
==========> Price change P51269: from 111,200 to 109,900
==========> Price change P16951: from 84,650 to 82,900
==========> Price change P15831: from 96,600 to 94,900

Well, my CPO car was delivered today!

I have a few due bill fixes, nothing major and should all be resolved in the next week or two.

Exciting news: The vehicle had a parcel shelf, alcantara headliner, premium interior lighting and metal pedals that was NOT on the description. Not super important items for me, but still nice to get. When finished, I will have a better car than I expected, so as far as I'm concerned, BIG WIN! :)

Last edited:
Whole bunch of price reductions just came through:

==========> Price change S02077: from 81,450 to 80,700
==========> Price change P48020: from 118,500 to 109,500
==========> Price change P06853: from 85,900 to 84,500
==========> Price change P21149: from 89,300 to 86,600
==========> Price change P51269: from 111,200 to 109,900
==========> Price change P16951: from 84,650 to 82,900
==========> Price change P15831: from 96,600 to 94,900

All Canadian cars. Seems like the CPO market up there isn't quite so hot.

Well, my CPO car was delivered today!

I have a few due bill fixes, nothing major and should all be resolved in the next week or two.

Exciting news: The vehicle had a parcel shelf, alcantara headliner, premium interior lighting and metal pedals that was NOT on the description. Not super important items for me, but still nice to get. When finished, I will have a better car than I expected, so as far as I'm concerned, BIG WIN! :)

Congratulations! Glad to hear about the parcel shelf, metal pedals, and especially the white alcantara headliner (I'm seriously jelly!). Just an FYI, the lower VINs like yours and mine had premium lighting standard. I rather like the "ambient" lighting under the armrest. You should probably also have chrome besides the double latch in your frunk. Our cars should meet sometime. Have fun joyriding!

Congratulations! Glad to hear about the parcel shelf, metal pedals, and especially the white alcantara headliner (I'm seriously jelly!). Just an FYI, the lower VINs like yours and mine had premium lighting standard. I rather like the "ambient" lighting under the armrest. You should probably also have chrome besides the double latch in your frunk. Our cars should meet sometime. Have fun joyriding!

Yes, also got the chrome bits in the frunk and the rear hatch as well. Definitely nicer than plastic bits.

All Canadian cars. Seems like the CPO market up there isn't quite so hot.

AWD is seen as a requirement in the premium segment in Canada due to the snow and rain.

My own personal thoughts on this are
1. Buy new 70D for $85K the "way I like it".
2. Buy P85 CPO for $75K well optioned. Get second set of rims and top winter tires, "brave it" on the ~5 days when AWD is a practical requirement to leave your driveway.
3. Keep Mercedes GLK (AWD) SUV for a few more years and pick up a CPO Model X.

My wife will refuse to drive a RWD car in bad weather, full stop.
I don't blame her, we had some "scary moments" in my six-speed manual transmission 1996 Camaro Z28 in the rain (pretty much parked it on snow days).

We test drove a P85 in late 2014 on summer tires in a snow storm (the Toronto SC hadn't put snow tires on, and it was the first big snow fall of the season). Getting back into the Mercedes GLK was a massive difference, so much more traction and grip, and the GLK was still on aggressive summer 20's, it's just the AWD (and MB is fantastic in the snow) was the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to buy extended warranty on CPOs?

No.

Let's rephrase that. Today the answer is no. Personally, I fully expect Tesla to change that policy, especially as some CPO cars are available that are only a few months old and less than 10k on the odo (these were likely lease guarantee buybacks or other goodwill buybacks). Most every other manufacturer offers an extended warranty on their CPOs. But yes, today, that is unavailable.

No extended warranty but of course they have already extended the warranty by resetting the 4 year, 50K warranty. NBD if you're buying a 2014 with low mileage, but definitely a great deal if you're buying a 2013 with 20K-35K on it. On the older (relatively) higher mileage vehicles, they're are now covering the car for up to 6 years and 70K-85K.