Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News flash for Inventory buyers in the US!

Tesla just added 216 new Inventory Model Ss and 168 new Inventory Model Xs.

Most of these are brand new listings.. not old listings that were removed and are being re-listed (although many cars are also being re-listed).

edit: They are a good mix of 75D, 100D, and P100D cars with some decent discounts up to $19k.

not much changing on the lower end 2015 85Ds are still in the mid 40s

Ditto. I received the same call and jokingly accused the sales guy of trying to take back my unlimited charging. His response was “Well ...” :)

Do they call folks who have a history of heavy-use of the superchargers? It would be necessary for those who live in Condos and Apartments and this was actually a selling point years ago "supercharge as much as you want" was something Musk used to say. Also they claimed it didn't hurt the battery.

You seem to list a lot less stock than other sites, for Aus you have just 2 new MX and 8 MS - maybe your site is really just aimed at the US market as others have over a 100 listed?

At the moment, that's all that Tesla is showing on their website for cars listed for sale (or previously for sale as 6 of those 8 MSs have been sold, there are only 2 left).

There are nefarious other ways to find cars supposedly for sale, or for sale in the future, but they have never actually been publicly listed on Tesla.com site for sale. Most of these cars are either in pre-production, production in Fremont California, or on their way to Australia or New Zealand. They're not actually available to purchase from Tesla. Any buyer of these unlisted/unpublished cars is taking a risk to place a deposit on one, since the deposits are non-refundable, although you can move them to a different car. So as always, caveat emptor.

EV-CPO is aimed at all markets where Tesla sells/markets their cars. But I also don't list cars that haven't been actually published for sale by Tesla.

Makes no sense.
They will resell the car with free supercharging anyway
Unless they are going to destroy the vehicle, it’s not about taking away your free supercharging

Reviewing my paperwork it’s clear that if I resell the car to a third party then FUSC goes with it. But nowhere can I find anything that promises FUSC follows the car if Tesla buys my car back and then resells it. Seems to me if Tesla isn’t required to transfer FUSC to a new buyer then discontinuing it would be a smart decision.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Reviewing my paperwork it’s clear that if I resell the car to a third party then FUSC goes with it. But nowhere can I find anything that promises FUSC follows the car if Tesla buys my car back and then resells it. Seems to me if Tesla isn’t required to transfer FUSC to a new buyer then discontinuing it would be a smart decision.
I guess it depends on the year of your car
But looking at their CPOs, pre facelift models all come with free supercharging.

I guess I jumped the gun on that post;

Reactions: rhumbliner
I guess it depends on the year of your car
But looking at their CPOs, pre facelift models all come with free supercharging.
;
All 2016 cars and earlier should come with free Supercharging. There will be a few 2017 cars (75 and 90) which will have it as well, but no non-P 2017 100 kWh battery cars will have transferable Supercharging.

There are some P100 cars that were ordered before 1/15/17 which do have transferable Supercharging but no regular 100 kWh battery cars could be ordered with both the 100 battery and free Supercharging. We ordered two cars at the time. The S90D got Supercharging. The S100D didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
All 2016 cars and earlier should come with free Supercharging. There will be a few 2017 cars (75 and 90) which will have it as well, but no non-P 2017 100 kWh battery cars will have transferable Supercharging.

This is wrong.

Any car delivered by March 2017 including 100kwh cars will have transferable charging. There aren't many but there are some that come up from time to time .

• Disagree
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This is wrong.

Any car delivered by March 2017 including 100kwh cars will have transferable charging. There aren't many but there are some that come up from time to time .
I should clarify and say there are some P100 cars that have transferable Supercharging but there are no non-P100 kWh cars with transferable Supercharging. We ordered an S100D on the last possible day in January 2017 (1/15/17). It originally did not come with any Supercharging. Eventually they grandfathered in free Supercharging but it does not transfer to a new owner.

The S90D we ordered around the time did come with transferable Supercharging. The 100D mentioned above was originally ordered as a 90D to get free Supercharging. We then changed it to a 100D and they would not allow any non-P car to have both a 100 kWh battery and free Supercharging. There was a very active thread at the time where people discussed this fact and how both features (100 kWh and free Supercharging) were not allowed.

Also, the March date you mention is not accurate. The order date of 1/15/17 was the deadline. They did mention they should be delivered by March but there were many overseas deliveries made several months later which still included free (non-transferable) Supercharging. I have seen 90 kWh cars delivered in September 2017 (Europe) which were ordered before the deadline and still have transferable Supercharging. Again, no non-P 100 kWh cars could be ordered with free Supercharging so you won't find any where Supercharging will transfer. I can point you to the threads proving this and provide our VIN numbers for cars ordered in those months. If you can show me non-P 100 kWh cars with transferable Supercharging, please share the VINs.

Makes no sense.
They will resell the car with free supercharging anyway
Unless they are going to destroy the vehicle, it’s not about taking away your free supercharging
INAL&HNH1: My legal understanding is that they can only disable free SuperCharging if THEY own the vehicle; if instead you sell a car WITH free SuperCharging to another person, that other person gets that car as sold, with the free supercharging, according to Tesla.

Brainstorming: So, if you have a friend who actually has a legitimate need for free SuperCharging (relatively unwealthy yet takes a lot of long distance trips) and wouldn't be ripping Tesla off (like a cab service), you probably SHOULD sell it private-party and buy the upgrade out of pocket without the free SuperCharging, if of course you aren't the relatively unweathly not-ripping-off-Tesla party who wants to travel long distance often AND you don't absolutely love your car AS-IS better than if you traded "up" (sometimes a "trade up" isn't a trade up). The best long-distance cars are the 85 & up (I prefer dual motor due to superior curve handling, but alignment & tire & wheel & suspension maintenance is more picky and expensive and straight driving is more exhausting in a dual motor unless it's under autopilot) in my opinion. If you're small statured, Model S is a great car, and so is Model X and Model 3. If you're big statured, often Model X or Model 3 is a better replacement, depending on fit. But I wouldn't call any of those an upgrade except Model X for a big person, unless you love the partial autopilot assistance features and can afford them (and can handle its mistakes) and what you had before didn't have (as) good autopilot. Another good reason to get a newer Tesla is to re-attain warranty status for those people which that is a good idea (I question whether there's actually anybody really in that group except for people whose Tesla cars are already about to cost a bundle in non-warrantee repairs), and similarly maybe to hopefully get past shaking out the early teething pains of a new car and get it into a long run without a lot of shop visits rather than what you already own which might be in its decrepit age. Another upgrade would be from a very small battery (60 or 75) to a much larger battery (100, or if cost is low enough, a 90 or something); I might consider it an advantage to upgrade a 60 to an 85 or a 75 to a 90 if there are other advantages, too, but be aware that degradation of an 85 or 90 is an issue in comparison to a 75 or even a 60 in extreme cases.

Last edited:
And we're starting to see some "Standard Range" cars show (option code BR06) up now:

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E23KF305261 | Tesla
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E24KF305236 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCAE21KF152234 | Tesla

I haven't changed the site yet to reflect this, but I'll get on it first thing tomorrow.

Also notice how these are "Standard Range" cars, but have a 100kWh battery and 335 miles of range. Discuss.

And almost as expected, Tesla is back to removing the specific location of their inventory/used cars and moving back to a regional designation ("Chicago","New York", etc).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
And we're starting to see some "Standard Range" cars show (option code BR06) up now:

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E23KF305261 | Tesla
Model S 100D 5YJSA1E24KF305236 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCAE21KF152234 | Tesla

I haven't changed the site yet to reflect this, but I'll get on it first thing tomorrow.

Also notice how these are "Standard Range" cars, but have a 100kWh battery and 335 miles of range. Discuss.

And almost as expected, Tesla is back to removing the specific location of their inventory/used cars and moving back to a regional designation ("Chicago","New York", etc).
That's interesting to find a standard range X as they were only offered for a few weeks! I think the data may be incorrect. They should remove the BR06 code if listing it with the higher range and entire battery capacity being available.

I think the data may be incorrect

I agree. Things are changing so fast that not everyone can keep up or make all the necessary changes in coordination with each other. Another thing is that a couple those cars have the "VehicleBadge" field listed as "85D" and only one is "100D"! So yeah. things are a little mixed up.

Also notice the website title field (that TMC fetches) lists them all as 100D cars.

It would stand to reason that showrooms are closing then the cars on display in the showrooms (not for test drives) would be made available for sale - added to available inventory. They may not have figured out HOW to label them for sale yet.

I would think that if the BR06 code indicates the battery pack, then it should be present regardless of the software-driven available capacity. I’d hate to be selling my 1 year or less Model X right now. It was tough to sell my 80,000+ P85 (it went for $31,500).

It would stand to reason that showrooms are closing then the cars on display in the showrooms (not for test drives) would be made available for sale - added to available inventory. They may not have figured out HOW to label them for sale yet.

I would think that if the BR06 code indicates the battery pack, then it should be present regardless of the software-driven available capacity. I’d hate to be selling my 1 year or less Model X right now. It was tough to sell my 80,000+ P85 (it went for $31,500).
BR06 is the software option code to reduce the battery to standard range. The actual battery code is BTX6.