Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as a tsla investor I love the margins these cpo cars are fetching but don't see sustainability in 25% on used. As a ready buyer I'm torn on pulling the trigger now or waiting for awd in this price territory

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm holding out for the D! It's very tempting to consider one of the 85 models available but when I think back to how bad the roads were this past winter, I remember why I've only driven AWD for the past 18 years.

Hopefully we'll see some marked down 70D inventory models in the coming months...or maybe even some closeout 85Ds once the X or S100D (?) Are available. :D

as a tsla investor I love the margins these cpo cars are fetching but don't see sustainability in 25% on used. As a ready buyer I'm torn on pulling the trigger now or waiting for awd in this price territory

Im a little skeptical of the 25% margin as Tesla offered me $62,500 for my 2014 85 which listed originally for just over $89k. In California that's $79k after tax incentives. To get a 25% margin they would have had to sell it for $83,333.33. $4,000 more than new and with 24,0000 miles and without autopilot.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tesla Motors CPO program, because of the quality of the the product, and the care with which the company -- and its owners -- preserve and improve it, will be a profound success point.

I have a feeling this (CPO program) is going to do more for Tesla Motors than most people -- even the most-optimistic-fans -- believe.

Do not underestimate the demand (new and existing customers) this is generating for Tesla Motors.

I can go buy a Tesla -- from Tesla -- TODAY!

The more attractive/lower price points, immediate availability, warranty should work well for existing and new buyers to Tesla.

Still happy to see my purchase price of a 7K mi inventory car, non auto pilot w/ tax and rebate benefits from last NOV is still a little more competitively priced than comparable CPO units now available- for now ;)

The more attractive/lower price points, immediate availability, warranty should work well for existing and new buyers to Tesla.

Still happy to see my purchase price of a 7K mi inventory car, non auto pilot w/ tax and rebate benefits from last NOV is still a little more competitively priced than comparable CPO units now available- for now ;)

It depends on what you are comparing it too. See my sig for what I purchased last night on the CPO site for $57k. I never saw inventory 85s get that low or (IMO) even close. I cheapest inventory 85 I found was around $77k (though, to be fair, I had only been looking at autopilot ones, so I may have skipped over a cheaper one w/o realizing it).

- - - Updated - - -

Heading to Rockville to check out my reserved CPO P85. Pics to follow!

Congrats!! Now I start the anxious waiting game to see when mine will leave DC. Plus I am unprepared for it at the house. Guess I will be charging at 120V for a bit (or swing by the store near the house or supercharger by work on occasion).

Congrats!! Now I start the anxious waiting game to see when mine will leave DC. Plus I am unprepared for it at the house. Guess I will be charging at 120V for a bit (or swing by the store near the house or supercharger by work on occasion).

Thanks, yeah I had the 220v installed last Thurs by GotElectric here in Maryland...couldn't imagine charging on 120v and only getting 3mi per hour of charging given I'll be driving the thing whenever I get the chance...what's that, sure honey I'll go to the grocery store for you :)

Thanks, yeah I had the 220v installed last Thurs by GotElectric here in Maryland...couldn't imagine charging on 120v and only getting 3mi per hour of charging given I'll be driving the thing whenever I get the chance...what's that, sure honey I'll go to the grocery store for you :)

My current plan is to do grocery shopping at the store by work that has a supercharger in the parking lot instead of shopping at the store by the house. I would imagine that 10-20 minutes for my groceries would give me a great charge. In the meantime, I will start asking around my area for references on a good electrician. I got burned (pun not intended) by the last two, so I am wary about who I find.

They changed the warranty. I got a 6 year 100,000 bumper to bumper on my CPO...
from date of first purchase. So I'm good until 2019!

Someone else please chime in on this. I remember reading this guys post last month when he got a CPO. And I did receive confirmation that the CPO program was considering the 6 year 100k warranty, but it hadn't been officially announced yet.

It depends on what you are comparing it too. See my sig for what I purchased last night on the CPO site for $57k. I never saw inventory 85s get that low or (IMO) even close. I cheapest inventory 85 I found was around $77k (though, to be fair, I had only been looking at autopilot ones, so I may have skipped over a cheaper one w/o realizing it).

Congrats on your CPO purchase- nice snag!

Sure it depends on specs, mileage, condition etc- as long one feels that a good deal was had , beat some depreciation and happy w/ the item at point of sale is all that matters since cars and tech consumables are all about "hindsight 20/20".

Glad to see a Tesla CPO program in place- this will be the first space I'll check should we ever be in the mkt for another car.

My S85 is without auto pilot or active air, 7K miles at pickup - $69K (before $2500 California rebate and $7500 fed credit). There was a little advantage to living nearby the factory to get quick updates on inventory :)

Very content with the inventory purchase. Dont need the auto pilot, D or whatever Tesla decides to introduce next. The standard 85 is more car that I will ever need or care to spend on a car. Perhaps my only regret was compromising on color choice and settling on black- its OK but would have preferred a grey one like yours :)

It should be a 240V circuit. People sometimes call it 220V but I don't know why.

Just some thoughts: I think TMC is pretty fair after I see these CPO cars on with website.

I ordered my S85 about year ago and it was delivered September 20, 2014. Of course I went into the "I got gipped" mode when the Dual motor-autopilot upgrades hit the first week in October 2014. I blew off steam and decided to trade up by October 20, and ordered the S85D for February 2015 delivery. I called the Mother Ship in Palo Alto about the "poor me" routine and they offered me 92% of the price after the $7500 tax credit for my S85 as a trade-in, it had 1100 miles. I basically parked it for the Winter in my garage until the S85D was delivered mid March 2015. Curiosity got to me looking at the CPO S85's on the website, and my trade-in was a few thousand$ higher than current equivalent models. So............I think TMC was pretty fair.

One last point. TMC and the DES I spoke with told me Model S years were unimportant, only the number of miles on the car, since Tesla made OTA upgrades all the time. If you notice all the CPO cars are listed by year built. From now on it is not good to accept a late in the year delivery--just like ICE cars. Model Year comes with a price.

Cheers.........

Congrats on your CPO purchase- nice snag!

Sure it depends on specs, mileage, condition etc- as long one feels that a good deal was had , beat some depreciation and happy w/ the item at point of sale is all that matters since cars and tech consumables are all about "hindsight 20/20".

Glad to see a Tesla CPO program in place- this will be the first space I'll check should we ever be in the mkt for another car.

My S85 is without auto pilot or active air, 7K miles at pickup - $69K (before $2500 California rebate and $7500 fed credit). There was a little advantage to living nearby the factory to get quick updates on inventory :)

Very content with the inventory purchase. Dont need the auto pilot, D or whatever Tesla decides to introduce next. The standard 85 is more car that I will ever need or care to spend on a car. Perhaps my only regret was compromising on color choice and settling on black- its OK but would have preferred a grey one like yours :)

Other than the color, which like you I would have lived with, you got the better deal. Removing the CA rebate from the equation, you paid $4k more than me, but got much newer, parking sensors, 21" wheels, and lost air. I would have taken that and offered the 21s for sale since I prefer 19s and we would be pretty close to each other then. Hmmm. Makes me wondering about what may be found in inventory over the next few months (especially if they release a larger battery MS)!

Someone else please chime in on this. I remember reading this guys post last month when he got a CPO. And I did receive confirmation that the CPO program was considering the 6 year 100k warranty, but it hadn't been officially announced yet.

The CPO website says every pre-owned car comes with 4 years and 50K miles limited warranty. This jibes with what I was told at a Tesla store in Socal 10 days ago that the CPO warranty program had been changed to 4 years/50K from date of CPO purchase. I believe the previous CPO warranty was +2 years to the original warranty/100K miles.