Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To goodbyebmw - I have a 60, similar vin, but without any options that I purchased CPO with 24k miles for $44k. I'm certain that your car has many more options than mine, but honestly think an offer for $49k is pretty strong. As always, it's worth countering to try to get a little more though :wink: . I also agree with the idea that a 60 feels slightly more nimble than an 85, however would trade up in a heartbeat for the additional range.

Thanks brantse, Douglas and No2DinosaurFuel for your inputs. I hate myself for wanting to sell my 60 kWh when I just got it back in May 2015, but I really want the Autopilot feature.

Anyone also wanting to upgrade to one with AP as well? :p

Has anyone switched CPO cars after placing the original order? I have a very nice S85 that has not yet shipped, but last night a gorgeous P85 popped up... its gone now, but I am wondering if this happens again before my S85 ships, is it possible for me to switch, or is it a huge headache?

Yeah, I figured it would be something like that. It's not a big deal, at the moment I am happier with the one I chose than any I can find on EV-CPO. That one that popped up last night went fast too, no way I could have communicated a change with my DS, even if I were willing to give up my deposit. Hopefully it ships very soon, waiting is rough!! I can't imagine waiting years for a Model X.

WOW! Major price drops on the Canadian CPO site this evening.

85 kWh Signature Performance Model S S02053 | Tesla Motors Canada

85 kWh Signature Performance Model S
2012 60,645 km S02053
$72,900 Canadian
Located in Montreal

Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharger Enabled
Dual Chargers
Wall Connector
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Tesla pulled many cars from it's site today so I am guessing a price drop on the US site tonight or tomorrow as well.

I am guessing a big push to sell/deliver vehicles before the end of the year. That and the site is now nearly 8 months old. Any car that was on the site when it was launched that is still here needs to go. Tesla may have been smarter to have taken some intermediate discounts before now to have moved more of these in October/November.

Yes, there are 3 that I can switch to tomorrow. The issue is do I really want to spend $105 to $110 on another Tesla. The P85+ is only $88. Everyone is telling me to get the D...but everyone is not making the payments.

I have bought 4, this will be my 5th.

Hey Douglas (not trying to be a jerk or anything). But how have you already bought so many? Any particular reason why you're going through them so fast?

Edit: I see you sort of answered this.

Better question: Can you share the history of your purchase / sales and how you were able to not lose money (or at least not lose much)? I mean eventually there is an opportunity cost if you're spending a lot of time looking for cars etc when you could be making money via your job, business etc but if it's something you enjoy then it's a double win.

Just curious. Looking to make my first purchase and definitely leaning towards used simply to avoid the first 1 or 2 year depreciation hit.

- - - Updated - - -

I am seriously thinking about upgrading to AP as well

Besides cool factor of being able to take hands off steering wheel (when you aren't supposed to anyway) why do you really want it?

I recently put my deposit down on a CPO in Washington DC. S00096. It's a 2012 P85 Signature Performance and loaded with all the options from that time. Also, best part it's the Signature Red :) 33,000miles. Just waiting on them to deliver to my local SC.

Congrats! That was the one that showed on the Tesla site without any color and thus, the pic didn't have the overlay and looked like a flat matte black car, right?