Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they normally include a "Wall Connector" with CPO's?

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1DP2DFP20085 | Tesla

Not that I've heard. My guess would be that that car was originally sold with a HPWC (since it also has dual-chargers, and they were sold as a bundle back then) and that car still maintains the original HP01 option code that indicates it was sold with a HPWC. I really doubt Tesla would re-sell it with a HPWC, but hey, it's currently advertised as such, so the buyer might be able to negotiate something out of it.

edit: Also of note this car also has an HP02 option code which I've only seen on about 20 other early VIN cars. Not sure what it means though, possibly "Not actually sold with HPWC". :)

Just a quick update for interested folks.

I've been seeing what seems to be a systematic removal of CPO cars from Tesla's website. Everyday it drops about dozen or so cars, mostly CPO Model Ss. It's now down about 100 cars in 10 days (~30%), so I have to think it's an intentional (strategic?) plan, and not that all of a sudden Tesla is actually selling dozens of CPOs every day (but it sure would be great if they are!).

I'm also not sure if this is another massive CPO purge like happened a few times in the past, but instead spread over a 2+ week period (maybe hoping nobody notices?). Or they have other plans for these cars like wholesale to Texas Direct. Or maybe we'll see them re-listed again down the road. Or they're pulling them off the site to press back into demo/loaner service. Or could be related to today's price and model changes.

It's anyone's guess, really, but an interesting pattern.

Potentially they pulled more off the books to make service loaners. Though it is odd because many service loaners are actively listed. I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually doing a once-over on some of these those and removing the listing if there is a disqualifying failure on it or if the vehicle needs "major" service before selling. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that either.

This is a rumor I've heard elsewhere. Interested to see if they show up on their site. My guess is that Tesla would be doing this to cut out the CPO warranty costs from their books.
If Tesla simply wanted to cut warranty costs, they could shorten the pre-owned warranties on older cars. Instead of a 4 year / 50K mile warranty, a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty might be sufficient.

I'm guessing that Tesla is off-loading some vehicles at wholesale because they can't sell all of them on their own. Hopefully this can change in the future - I'd love to see Tesla truly become the go-to place for used Tesla vehicles.

Tesla Model S sells faster as used car — and for more money — than peers do, study finds

upload_2017-4-19_1-20-30.png

Is there a thread about your woes or can you explain here?

There is a thread about my initial stuff, but not one since my Excel spreadsheet has over 50 line items of parts replaced or service over the past two years. But the key is I love my car and I would buy another Tesla. I even told my service team that if Tesla wanted to buy mine back and cut their losses, I would buy another (likely new one). They declined. At a high level:
- drive unit replacement x 3
- battery pack serviced
- brakes pads (all 6) and rotors (all 4) replaced
- rear axle replaced
- door handle replaced or serviced x 3
- screen replaced
- modem replaced
- mirrors replaced x 2
- trunk struts replaced (both sides)
- driver's seat serviced
- trim replacement (damaged during other servicing)
- pano support parts replaced (but not pano itself)
- frunk adjusted due to water intrusion
- door trim supports replaced x 3 (because it's been removed so many times for other service)
- keyfob shell replaced (both keys)
- air leak at triangle window x 2
- air leak at door trim/window (sourced at door handle)
- lower console trim replaced (floor vent was 3" over from slot, so air was blocked)
- cargo mount cover replaced

But in every case (except 2 where I waited), I got loaners (there are threads on how they have had problems and one had to be abandoned and I Uber back home due to a flat) and often service valeted my to/from the house.

Let me be clear - I am a happy and satisfied customer. My specific car has been problematic, but Tesla had been easy to work with and barely impacted my routine.

Let me be clear - I am a happy and satisfied customer. My specific car has been problematic, but Tesla had been easy to work with and barely impacted my routine.

That's intense. I have thought if I tried to go private sale/used route that I could save some. A risky proposition. I just wish AP0.0 prices would come down. I'm hoping they do in July before they're all phased out of CPO.

Just a quick update for interested folks.

I've been seeing what seems to be a systematic removal of CPO cars from Tesla's website. Everyday it drops about dozen or so cars, mostly CPO Model Ss. It's now down about 100 cars in 10 days (~30%), so I have to think it's an intentional (strategic?) plan, and not that all of a sudden Tesla is actually selling dozens of CPOs every day (but it sure would be great if they are!).

I'm also not sure if this is another massive CPO purge like happened a few times in the past, but instead spread over a 2+ week period (maybe hoping nobody notices?). Or they have other plans for these cars like wholesale to Texas Direct. Or maybe we'll see them re-listed again down the road. Or they're pulling them off the site to press back into demo/loaner service. Or could be related to today's price and model changes.

It's anyone's guess, really, but an interesting pattern.

I've seen regular new inventory taken down and put up again later as well. I think they get taken down as they go into the service pool of loaners and then re-listed with updated mileage and price later on.

I've seen regular new inventory taken down and put up again later as well. I think they get taken down as they go into the service pool of loaners and then re-listed with updated mileage and price later on.

Sure, but what I've been seeing is significantly more cars being removed than added back for a big net decrease in the number of CPO/Preowned cars being listed.