Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automation in safety critical environments must be a) reliable, b) resilient, and c) perform to an equal or better standard than manual operation.
Couldn't agree more.

I've sometimes wondered when I was working on a machine safety system, if I said "yeah it's fine mate it's in Beta but you can still use it..." when someone is crushed because of a bug in the system, how would I feel about that? Pretty sure I'd go to jail, lose my engineering registration and worse.

Haven't got anything yet. Is this update for everyone or for some chosen ones?
Updates are a bit random. My Personal Rules of thumb are:

- make sure your car is on wifi and goes to sleep when you are home (some people have issues with wifi where the car is and need a wifi extender - you should be able to browse the internet on you car when connected to your home wifi)
- in the "software" tab set it to "advanced" for updates (not sure if this help get anything sooner but it feels like it should, or may one day will if it doesn't yet)
- don't start to worry about not getting the latest update until about a month after you see other people start to get it (it that random and can take a while to roll out to all cars - life's to short to worry about this type of stuff)
- if you really worried you can reset the computer in the car by holding down the two scroll wheels. (This will force it to check for updates. It probably doest make anything happen any faster, but you can feel like you are doing something to speed it along)
- If you are months behind of the software update and have tried the above then it may be something to contact Tesla about for support through the app on your phone (Service -> Request Service).

Or, you can just not care about them, and let others be the guinea pigs testing undercooked software that breaks something that used to work 🤷‍♂️
My average is 12 days between updates. The longest stretch being 35 days. So whatever new bugs appear, you don't have to live with them for very long. If you wait with the updates until they're forced on you, your own adjustment is going to be more profound.

The upshot is: You can either have a chill drizzle every couple of weeks, or an ice bath every 6 months. ;)

We each tick differently. At least we get a choice in this matter!

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
My average is 12 days between updates. The longest stretch being 35 days. So whatever new bugs appear, you don't have to live with them for very long. If you wait with the updates until they're forced on you, your own adjustment is going to be more profound.

The upshot is: You can either have a chill drizzle every couple of weeks, or an ice bath every 6 months. ;)

We each tick differently. At least we get a choice in this matter!
You have been lucky then. Since 2019 when I first got my Model 3, My longest time between updates was about 3 months and that happened to be on a very flakey update. So I was on a rather solid release before, then at start of May I got a very flakey update that was very quickly pushed to everyone but it had major connectivity issues to our ISP here, so car would randomly lose connection to internet (no routing, no voice commands, no Spotify, connection issues to phone app, so issues unlocking car - had to use the key card a few times). Had to force reboot the car at least 4-5 times a week and I logged the issue with Tesla, they said they have had similar reports from others in Australia and next update should fix them. Well, next update came in August so I was rather unhappy for 3 months. However the next update did fix all those issues, so in greater scheme of things they were right that it was fixed with next update, just that it was a nasty wait for 3 months, so I tend to now ask here on forum about the experience before I apply updates. Usually wait an extra day after it becomes available if others have not commented on the update yet.

MY here. Love the new update. No issues except all of a sudden, on 14.3 i had PWS playing inside and outside the car. Now on 14.7 its only outside the car
That’s weird!
I’ve had PWS on MY since I got in Nov23 (2023.32 something) and now on 2024.14.3 and have never had PWS sound inside the car (why would you want that?). Sure I can hear it, but always coming from outside the car.
Wondering if that may have been a glitch on your car that the update fixed (by making it operate as it should)?

That’s weird!
I’ve had PWS on MY since I got in Nov23 (2023.32 something) and now on 2024.14.3 and have never had PWS sound inside the car (why would you want that?). Sure I can hear it, but always coming from outside the car.
Wondering if that may have been a glitch on your car that the update fixed (by making it operate as it should)?
Weird OCD thing from my side. When I'm outside the car, the bass and sound adds a bit more depth. This is when I hit "play media" outside the car.

Report that AU Maps 2024.2 starting to roll out.

Will it include the Rozelle Interchange for the Sydney folk
Previous maps was 2024.2. Mine updated to 2024.14. Installed, but not sure if I can check for you from Newcastle.

1716947019333.png

Last edited: