Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think "useless" is a bit strong. You would be surprised how many people drive up Rt 3 to get to northern NE. Not everyone is starting from Boston:smile:
What better location then on the Daniel Webster highway near the Pheasant Lane Mall highway and all the car dealerships!
Tesla is smart enough to understand they will need additional superchargers further north for people driving north on 93 or taking 89 to Vermont or the Sunapee area.

I would do Hooksett and North Conway personally. Cover the Lakes and ski regions.

I am not sure why this bothers you. The owner has obviously paid for it up front. There is obviously no crowding at the SuperCharger. If he wants to spend his time at a supercharger why does it get on your nerves? Maybe he just likes to meet other Tesla owners.

It may be be fine now, but when the Supercharger starts getting busier it'll cause problems, and it does cause problems at Superchargers near me already. The Superchargers are designed for road trips, not daily use.

It may be be fine now, but when the Supercharger starts getting busier it'll cause problems, and it does cause problems at Superchargers near me already. The Superchargers are designed for road trips, not daily use.
Uh...not really. Superchargers were "designed" to charge depleted batteries very quickly. And like I said, no harm, no foul. The poster indicated there was rarely ANYone at this particular supercharger. Someday this might be a problem at this location. Until then...:smile:

Yeah me too ....

Probably because they want to be able to say that the east coast corridor is completely open. That way, they can have it open while they finalize the site for Woodbridge, VA, which will be the permanent location in northern Virginia.

It is concerning that it will be a small temporary location, but then again, Miami to Boston travel will be 100% available for 60 and 85 owners.

Probably because they want to be able to say that the east coast corridor is completely open. That way, they can have it open while they finalize the site for Woodbridge, VA, which will be the permanent location in northern Virginia.

It is concerning that it will be a small temporary location, but then again, Miami to Boston travel will be 100% available for 60 and 85 owners.

No. GA is still not covered between Savannah and St Augustine.

I have to agree. SC use is unconditional - you pay for the ability to use it and you get to for the life of the car. I see no asterisks on this. Nothing about only travelers. There are so many things in life to get angry about, how does this even make the top 1000???

From Tesla's Supercharger Page:

Tesla Superchargers allow Model S owners to travel for free between cities along well-traveled highways
Superchargers are for refueling quickly on road trips. ... Superchargers will be positioned at convenient locations along major interstates throughout the country.

Why is it free?

We want to encourage Model S owners to take road trips.

Elon has also, in the videos discussing them, described superchargers as removing the barrier to road-trips.

The situation Wattson described of someone "who lived [locally], and said charging there was cheaper than charging at home" doesn't exactly fit that bill.

Uh...not really. Superchargers were "designed" to charge depleted batteries very quickly. And like I said, no harm, no foul. The poster indicated there was rarely ANYone at this particular supercharger. Someday this might be a problem at this location. Until then...
smile.gif

I have to agree. SC use is unconditional - you pay for the ability to use it and you get to for the life of the car. I see no asterisks on this. Nothing about only travelers. There are so many things in life to get angry about, how does this even make the top 1000???

I'm sorry, but does there really have to be a rule specifically forbidding something for you not to do it? There's no law against leaving your shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot after unloading groceries. There no law against cutting people off on the freeway. How about a little common sense?

There may not be a problem at this moment in time at this particular Supercharger, but it sets a precedent for people to do it at other Superchargers where it is a problem. Then Tesla will have to step in with some kind of rule against it so people traveling can actually use the Superchargers without waiting an hour or two. Can we not just save them the trouble, act like responsible adults for a change, and nip this in the bud before it becomes commonplace?

For a society that argues so much about over-regulation, you seem to be doing everything in your power to make it necessary.

[/lecture mode]

Last edited: