Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The following is a list of the superchargers which opened in the last month and upcoming superchargers TMC has heard about. Sites with a known location are shown at supercharge.info; details of all sites are at the Supercharger Progress wiki. Nine new North American stations opened over the last month, and with many sites awaiting transformer / hookup / testing there should be around 12 new openings this month. If anyone passes through Lima MT or Berlin VT, please stop at the known site and report what is happening there.

LocationSite Known?Status
Birmingham, AL no unknown
Page, AZ no unknown
Bakersfield (West), CA yes under construction
Buena Park, CA yes under construction
Crescent City, CA yes under construction
Eureka, CA yes operational
Folsom (Palladio), CA yes operational
Fremont (Kato Road), CA yes under construction hiatus
Groveland, CA yes permitting complete
Santa Ana, CA yes under construction
Santa Barbara, CA yes in permitting
South Lake Tahoe, CA no unknown
Fort Morgan, CO no unknown
Thornton, CO no unknown
Naples, FL yes in permitting
Coralville, IA yes awaiting power on & testing
Davenport, IA yes under construction
West Des Moines, IA yes awaiting transformer & hookup
Monroe, LA yes awaiting transformer & hookup
Lee, MA yes operational
Aberdeen, MD yes in permitting
Laurel, MD yes awaiting power on & testing
Brewer, ME yes operational
Bay City, MI yes in permitting
Port Huron, MI yes operational
Oakdale, MN yes operational
Joplin, MO maybe in site negotiations
Rolla, MO yes under reconstruction
Springfield, MO yes in permitting
Meridian, MS yes under construction
Lima, MT yes under construction?
Fargo, ND no searching for site
Gothenburg, NE no unknown
Lincoln, NE yes in permitting
North Platte, NE no unknown
Ogallala, NE no unknown
Bandon, OR yes permitting complete
Lincoln City, OR yes operational
Columbia, SC no unknown
Jackson, TN no unknown
Memphis, TN yes in permitting
Arlington, TX yes in design/permitting
Cisco, TX yes operational
Midland, TX maybe in design/permitting
Sweetwater, TX yes operational
Three Rivers, TX yes awaiting transformer & hookup
Berlin, VT yes unknown
Green Bay, WI no unknown
Stevens Point, WI no unknown
Wausau, WI no unknown
Wheatland, WY no unknown
Jackson, WY yes in permitting
Fort McLeod, AB yes under construction
Huntsville, ON yes awaiting power on & testing
Parry Sound, ON yes operational?
Lévis, QC no unknown
Rivière-du-Loup, QC yes under construction

The following is a list of the superchargers which opened in the last month and upcoming superchargers TMC has heard about. Sites with a known location are shown at supercharge.info; details of all sites are at the Supercharger Progress wiki. About 12 new North American stations opened over the last month, and there will be around 10 new openings this month.

LocationSite Known?Status
Birmingham, AL yes in permitting
Page, AZ yes operational
Bakersfield (West), CA yes operational
Buena Park, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Crescent City, CA yes operational
Fremont (Kato Road), CA yes under construction hiatus
Groveland, CA yes under construction
Santa Ana, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Santa Barbara, CA yes in permitting
South Lake Tahoe, CA no unknown
Fort Morgan, CO no unknown
Thornton, CO no unknown
Naples, FL yes in permitting
Coralville, IA yes operational
Davenport, IA yes awaiting hookup & testing
West Des Moines, IA yes awaiting hookup & testing
Mount Vernon, IL yes under construction
Monroe, LA yes operational
Aberdeen, MD yes in permitting
Laurel, MD yes operational
Bay City, MI yes operational
Joplin, MO maybe in site negotiations
Rolla, MO yes operational
Springfield, MO yes in permitting
Meridian, MS yes awaiting hookup & testing
Lima, MT yes under construction
Fargo, ND no searching for site
Gothenburg, NE no unknown
Kearney, NE no unknown
Lincoln, NE yes in permitting
North Platte, NE no unknown
Ogallala, NE no unknown
Kingston, NY yes under construction
Tarrytown, NY yes in permitting
Bandon, OR yes under construction
Bloomsburg, PA yes awaiting testing / power on
Columbia, SC no unknown
Myrtle Beach, SC yes in permitting
Jackson, TN no unknown
Memphis, TN yes in permitting
Arlington, TX yes in design/permitting
Corpus Christi, TX no unknown
Midland, TX maybe in design/permitting
Texarkana, TX maybe in permitting
Three Rivers, TX yes operational
Berlin, VT yes operational
Green Bay, WI no unknown
Stevens Point, WI no unknown
Wausau, WI no unknown
Jackson, WY yes under construction
Wheatland, WY no unknown
Fort McLeod, AB yes under construction
Merritt, BC yes under construction
Huntsville, ON yes operational
Parry Sound, ON yes operational
Lévis, QC no unknown
Rivière-du-Loup, QC yes operational

The following is a list of the superchargers which opened in the last month and upcoming superchargers TMC has heard about.
Thanks for doing this. Without wanting this to sound like a criticism, would it be possible to head off the usual discussions about the rate of supercharger deployment by putting in a small disclaimer like: "Note that only Tesla knows what others may be in progress, and they don't announce them until after completion; this list is compiled from reports of people discovering construction or permits." I know you already say this with "has heard about", but newbies won't necessarily read the right message from this.

See on SuperCharge.Info that a North Aurora, IL SuperCharger was opened. No one knew about this one. I wonder of the one at Roundhouse parking lot (mobile) will be moved somewhere?

That North Aurora one is certainly handier for traffic on the East-West Ronald Reagan Tollway (I-88) than the one at the Roundhouse. As for the ones at the Roundhouse I had heard that back when that one was installed, it was mainly because the two brothers who owned the Roundhouse both owned Teslas. I don't know if that is still the case or if would have any bearing on whether they stay or not.

That's pretty wild.

But now I'm really curious what the Trip tab looks like in this case. I'd think that the "usual" straight-line target line (from 80% to 20%, say) would be unhelpful in this case, since it seems like you'd be running *way* below the target line during the ascent and then recovering back to the line during the descent as you regened.
Finally got a chance to take a picture of the trip plot for Denver Supercharger Station to Silverthorne:

29818918804_8e76bbe6fb_c.jpg

The dip in the plot is the Eisenhower Tunnel, elevation 11,158 ft (3,401 m). Just charging to make Silverthorne might not be enough!

I'm sure. I would personally just hate the extra trip time (and potential added anxiety route-dependent based on the supercharger network still being incomplete), though I know half of the allure of a leisure trip is to enjoy the time spent to get to the destination.

Finally got a chance to take a picture of the trip plot for Denver Supercharger Station to Silverthorne:

29818918804_8e76bbe6fb_c.jpg

The dip in the plot is the Eisenhower Tunnel, elevation 11,158 ft (3,401 m). Just charging to make Silverthorne might not be enough!
Thanks for the followup and the graph. Since I'd be subconsciously trying to lift that 5000 pound car over the pass with my butt if I saw that plot, I'll be maxing out my charge in Denver before making this trip... o_O

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks for the followup and the graph. Since I'd be subconsciously trying to lift that 5000 pound car over the pass with my butt if I saw that plot, I'll be maxing out my charge in Denver before making this trip... o_O
You really don't need to charge anywhere near that much. A 25% buffer ought to be plenty in mild weather because the distance is short and the elevation gain is only 6000 feet. In winter or when facing a headwind you could charge a bit more. I left Denver with 76% (about 147 RM, I didn't check) in my S-60, drove the speed limit with a headwind and 32ºF temperature at the tunnel, and made it without difficulty.

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Newsflash:

Today I was informed from a reliable source that Tesla has plans to open a Supercharger in Santa Fe, NM, in fact they are currently "awaiting permits for construction."

This is news to me, especially since there's still 5 mystery Superchargers all slated for 2016 in the southern half of the state that are looking like they're not going to happen in 2016.

But hey, Santa Fe!