Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that buyers look at the supercharger map before buying a car. The vast majority of buyers in large metropolitan areas will look at their city, see x number of superchargers around their city, see that all highways leading out of the metro are covered, and see that the country (US in my case) in general is well covered for the most part. They may not know from the start that many of the Bay Area's (example city) chargers are often full. I guess once they find out it then helps customer satisfaction to build new superchargers. But how far will Tesla go with supercharger build outs before it starts to become less financially viable to build out more? Should there be superchargers every 50 miles on every highway? Every 10 miles? For me it would be nice if Superchargers were as common as gas stations but I know Tesla would not be able to afford that, since in essence the operational budget of the superchargers needs to be covered with a portion of their annual car sales, even though the superchargers not only serve the cars sold that year but the cars sold over the past 9 years.

Sorry for the ramblings, I totally get the logic behind expanding supercharger locations. But there must come a theoretical point where they will have built and operated all the supercharger stalls they can afford even if coverage isn't 100% complete and if certain locations are still sometimes busy. I've always been intrigued by the financials of the Supercharger network, and when it makes "sense" for Tesla to build superchargers and when it doesn't. I suppose they probably have a formula for # of required stalls per x number of cars, etc.

Reactions: Electroman
They changed it awhile ago. It's now a flat rate everywhere in the US depending on if the state allows them to just sell by the kWh or if they have to charge by the minute. In places they can sell electricity by the kWh it's .28 cents no matter where you are. In the states they have to charge by the minute it's now .26 cents when charging above 60kW, and only .13 cents when charging below 60kW (into the taper).

Gone are the days where every state had a different rate. Before there were dozens of possible costs, now it's down to just 3 possible charge ($) rates: Flat Rate, above 60kW, or below 60kW.

Tesla's SC website has a breakdown: Supercharging

No, it isn't the same cost everywhere. You will notice that the page you linked to says "Average pricing information is provided below and specific pricing for each Supercharger location is shown in the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen."

To know the actual cost you have to look at the Supercharger information in your car.

No, it isn't the same cost everywhere. You will notice that the page you linked to says "Average pricing information is provided below and specific pricing for each Supercharger location is shown in the navigation application on the vehicle touchscreen."

To know the actual cost you have to look at the Supercharger information in your car.
Ah, you're right! They simplified the website but not the actual pricing, so there's less information available now before you buy. Bummer for perspective buyers.

I've always been on the lifetime unlimited deal so never noticed local pricing was still a thing once it was removed from the website, figured they simplified it for everyone.

I understand that buyers look at the supercharger map before buying a car. The vast majority of buyers in large metropolitan areas will look at their city, see x number of superchargers around their city, see that all highways leading out of the metro are covered, and see that the country (US in my case) in general is well covered for the most part. They may not know from the start that many of the Bay Area's (example city) chargers are often full. I guess once they find out it then helps customer satisfaction to build new superchargers. But how far will Tesla go with supercharger build outs before it starts to become less financially viable to build out more? Should there be superchargers every 50 miles on every highway? Every 10 miles? For me it would be nice if Superchargers were as common as gas stations but I know Tesla would not be able to afford that, since in essence the operational budget of the superchargers needs to be covered with a portion of their annual car sales, even though the superchargers not only serve the cars sold that year but the cars sold over the past 9 years.

Sorry for the ramblings, I totally get the logic behind expanding supercharger locations. But there must come a theoretical point where they will have built and operated all the supercharger stalls they can afford even if coverage isn't 100% complete and if certain locations are still sometimes busy. I've always been intrigued by the financials of the Supercharger network, and when it makes "sense" for Tesla to build superchargers and when it doesn't. I suppose they probably have a formula for # of required stalls per x number of cars, etc.
The electricity for Supercharger stations becomes much more affordable the busier the station is. Ideally, Tesla would like every stall filled essentially all the time. So, as locations become busier, they are less of a burden on Tesla's finances and could, individually, be providing a profit. This is related to the way that commercial electricity is sold with a very low volumetric cost (e.g. the per kWh cost might be less than 2 cents) but quite significant fixed service/demand costs (e.g. the charge for their peak kW service might be thousands of dollars). It's the relatively empty ones that are really expensive to operate. Though the busier locations will have higher maintenance costs.

This viewpoint is incredibly short-sighted, and instead you should be asking yourself how many buyers have been tipped over to the buy column simply because the supercharger network is so extensive.

Additionally, Tesla does not foot the bill exclusively for Supercharger build out, maintenance, and power. There are very intricate negotiations that go into each site with cost and revenue sharing for the property owner and Tesla.
I disagree. By back of the envelope calculations, I'd guess that each Supercharger site costs Tesla about a quarter million dollars to install, plus a significant amount to run. It is apparent that there is a lot of wheeling and dealing with local governments, electrical evaluation, getting permits, site surveys etc long before we see any construction activity.We Tesla owners spent a lot on our cars, but we are a bunch of whiney entitlement brats wishing for more Superchargers here there and everywhere. Tesla has put a lot of effort and $$$ into each and I think we'd appreciate it more if we had an idea of the complexity and cost of each.
I'd like to get a better idea of how many cars are sold per Supercharger installed. [Any takers?] How many $$$ that I paid for my car went towards funding a Supercharger?

How many $$$ that I paid for my car went towards funding a Supercharger?

How about this ? - Tesla would have sold only around half of the cars they sold so far without the SC network. Or in other words, SCs are key to Tesla survival and growth, and not just to get "some" additional sales.

How do I know this? Because I am batman.

I disagree. By back of the envelope calculations, I'd guess that each Supercharger site costs Tesla about a quarter million dollars to install, plus a significant amount to run. It is apparent that there is a lot of wheeling and dealing with local governments, electrical evaluation, getting permits, site surveys etc long before we see any construction activity.We Tesla owners spent a lot on our cars, but we are a bunch of whiney entitlement brats wishing for more Superchargers here there and everywhere. Tesla has put a lot of effort and $$$ into each and I think we'd appreciate it more if we had an idea of the complexity and cost of each.
I'd like to get a better idea of how many cars are sold per Supercharger installed. [Any takers?] How many $$$ that I paid for my car went towards funding a Supercharger?

Let's just say I have an inside source and leave it at that. I don't post conjecture.

How about this ? - Tesla would have sold only around half of the cars they sold so far without the SC network. Or in other words, SCs are key to Tesla survival and growth, and not just to get "some" additional sales.

It's a tad more than half, actually. The SpC network is key to alleviating the perception of "range anxiety". It is critical to mass adoption.

The existing supercharger network, yes, fully agreed. What's the value in doubling the supercharger network density in places like the US where the map already looks very pretty for potential shoppers? I'm guessing it won't lead to a doubling in sales. In other words each new supercharger site brings back diminishing returns for Tesla. So this is what I've always been curious about, what should Tesla's goal be for responsibly growing the network without making it too much of a financial burden onto themselves?

The existing supercharger network, yes, fully agreed. What's the value in doubling the supercharger network density in places like the US where the map already looks very pretty for potential shoppers? I'm guessing it won't lead to a doubling in sales. In other words each new supercharger site brings back diminishing returns for Tesla. So this is what I've always been curious about, what should Tesla's goal be for responsibly growing the network without making it too much of a financial burden onto themselves?
There are still many complaints about either no SCs where needed and the SC is always full. Can't increase sales if your current users are unhappy and vocal about it. So Tesla has (or should have) a real strong motive to increase the number of SC locations and the amount of SC stalls at each location.

Given that there are locations where they're unable to cope with the capacity needs as it is, they should really start upgrading all of the high-usage V2 locations to V3, and then repurpose the equipment that they remove, so that the cost of adding superchargers in likely low-volume-but-interesting locations is basically just the cost of labor. I'm sure there have to be places where they think, "We'd like to have a supercharger here, but we can't justify the cost."

This is an interesting concept. Take what I say with a healthy dose of salt, or a shot of your favorite adult beverage. I'm an accountant, not a construction/engineering sort of guy.

Some of the components are pre-fabricated and assembled prior to installation. I would think that to salvage those components would be more expensive than repurposing them. The guts of the Supercharger are an intricate set of wires and computer stuff (that I have no concept of!) that probably need to be replaced periodically as they get dirty or damaged by the elements with extreme cold and heat. The charging cables need replacing periodically too due to user damage to the plug. I am not sure of the charging stacks, whether any of those components can be salvaged or not.

It might be sensible to use any V2 materials that still have some life in them as handy replacement parts for other V2 locations. Perhaps this will permit faster repairs at troublesome locations to get them back in reasonable working order, with the understanding that a complete refurbishing to be done when convenient.

Last edited:
Some of the components are pre-fabricated and assembled prior to installation. I would think that to salvage those components would be more expensive than repurposing them.

True. That said, I'd expect that the only components that are designed specifically for a given site would be the actual power wires between the charging cabinets (usually in a building right next to the station), the conduit (which would likely be reused with larger-gauge wires inside it, adding more conduits in parallel with the old ones as needed), the concrete pads where the charger posts are installed (which again would probably be reused), and the wiring between cabinets/transformers/battery packs. And all of that stuff is pretty cheap.

The wires probably wouldn't be the right length for a new site, but on the other hand, copper is worth 85–90% of the initial wire cost when resold as scrap metal, so even if they couldn't reuse any of them, they still wouldn't lose much. And assuming the wire gauge calculator I used isn't lying to me, they are probably only using 1/0 gauge wire or thereabouts, which costs only a couple of bucks per foot (materials cost). So assuming a mean distance of 100 feet per stall, the difference between the original cost and the scrap metal recovery value is likely on the order of $20 per stall. That's noise.

In fact, I'll gladly volunteer to pay the $240 out of my pocket right now if Tesla will agree to foot the bill for a 12-stall V3 supercharger upgrade in Mountain View and move the existing V2 supercharger to Santa Cruz. :D

And of course, this also assumes that those parts even have to be replaced. Although V3 probably typically uses 1000 kcmil, at about $30 per foot (materials cost), assuming the labor costs don't eat them alive, they could also do it with four 1/0 cables in parallel for only about $12 per foot. And because they already have 1/0 cable (presumably), they could keep the existing wiring and just add three more identical sets right next to it, space permitting. That approach would likely bring the installation cost down even further.

And that assumes that they didn't over-specify the cabling in preparation for higher-current charging. The best-case scenario would be that they planned for up to 500A (-ish) delivery to begin with, in which case the upgrade involves swapping out the pedestals one at a time, then taking it down for a day to swap out the building transformer and equipment cabinets....

Either way, given that they're still building out urban superchargers (which AFAIK are just V2 superchargers configured to use a fixed 50/50 charge split), I think the only way that repurposing the old gear wouldn't be a good idea financially would be if the incremental labor cost of removing the equipment without destroying it were more than the cost of the equipment, and that seems unlikely given that the charging hardware is designed in a modular fashion for ease of service.

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the whole "prefab everything" behavior is specific to superchargers in areas with high cost of labor (e.g. California). If your labor costs are cheap, it's cheaper to just build it out on site. So doing things that way by default doesn't necessarily preclude reusing those bits at a new location, assuming it isn't in the Bay Area. :D

The guts of the Supercharger are an intricate set of wires and computer stuff (that I have no concept of!) that probably need to be replaced periodically as they get dirty or damaged by the elements with extreme cold and heat.

They're in enclosed cabinets, so I wouldn't expect a lot of damage from the elements. Like any other piece of electronics, they eventually do fail. But that's why you build things to be serviceable, so that when one individual charger fails, you can yank it and stick in a new charger, and you're back up and running. Either way, at least in theory, they shouldn't fail that often unless there was something wrong with the design. :D

The charging cables need replacing periodically too due to user damage to the plug. I am not sure of the charging stacks, whether any of those components can be salvaged or not.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to reuse giant cabinets full of gear. You can absolutely definitely reuse the building transformer; they might even be able to sell it back to the power company and not have to deal with it, though cost-wise it might be cheaper to just add more building transformers next to the existing one and keep it in service. Hard to say.

It might be sensible to use any V2 materials that still have some life in them as handy replacement parts for other V2 locations. Perhaps this will permit faster repairs at troublesome locations to get them back in reasonable working order, with the understanding that a complete refurbishing to be done when convenient.

I doubt they get more than six months to a year out of the cords at a busy supercharger, so it probably isn't even worth shipping the cords to use as spare parts. And the big equipment racks should last for many, many years, so I'm pretty sure using them as replacement parts would just result in warehouses full of replacement parts, and that the storage costs would end up being more expensive than the cost of building new ones when they start failing in a decade*.

* Under sane levels of use; likely much less if the supercharger is full all day every day. :D

They're in enclosed cabinets, so I wouldn't expect a lot of damage from the elements

Not disputing but clarifying: Inside the Supercharger stalls are a bunch of electronics with wires criss-crossing about. I have seen them opened up by the technicians. I would think that here in the Valley and elsewhere about the west with official temperatures exceeding 100 degrees and the direct air temperatures likely 15 degrees hotter that the constant expansion and contraction of the metal components would eventually lead to malfunction. Similarly, locations in the higher elevations or higher latitudes would experience sub-zero temperatures from time-to-time.

There are also those green-type hard plastic boards with soldered components and probably other items like transistors or resistors or capacitors that would be subject to these extreme weather conditions too.

When I saw the insides of a Supercharger stall a few years back, there was a bunch of dust and dirt that had accumulated on the interior surfaces, sort of like my computer screen that I do not clean nearly often enough!

You can tell from my explanation that I am just completing my master's degree in electrical engineering. :rolleyes:

Not disputing but clarifying: Inside the Supercharger stalls are a bunch of electronics with wires criss-crossing about. I have seen them opened up by the technicians. I would think that here in the Valley and elsewhere about the west with official temperatures exceeding 100 degrees and the direct air temperatures likely 15 degrees hotter that the constant expansion and contraction of the metal components would eventually lead to malfunction. Similarly, locations in the higher elevations or higher latitudes would experience sub-zero temperatures from time-to-time.

Sure. But the high-usage superchargers I was proposing to replace with V3 are mostly in California and the eastern seaboard, where temperatures tend to be much more moderate.

Cold temperatures are probably less of an issue than you might expect. After all, the equipment produces considerable amounts of heat when in use, and the enclosures likely trap a fair amount of that heat close to the electronics. This also means that high temperatures seriously suck, of course. :)

There are also those green-type hard plastic boards with soldered components and probably other items like transistors or resistors or capacitors that would be subject to these extreme weather conditions too.

Solder joints can fail from thermal expansion and what not, but when that happens, they probably just swap in a new board, stick the old one in a reflow oven, and then ship it back out into the field as a repair part. :)

I'm deliberately ignoring issues like derating electrolytic capacitors for high-temperature use, under the assumption that they probably designed things correctly. If that isn't true, then they'll probably drop like flies, but that would pretty much scream for a need to find a way to quickly rework the failed components en masse anyway, after which such issues would no longer exist, thus making those issues largely moot.

When I saw the insides of a Supercharger stall a few years back, there was a bunch of dust and dirt that had accumulated on the interior surfaces, sort of like my computer screen that I do not clean nearly often enough!

That's probably because they don't have any sort of air filters on the cooling fans, and they have to bring a lot of air through them to keep them from overheating. But when I hear "exposed to weather", I usually interpret that to mean "getting wet", which obviously must not happen, or else we'd have a lot more supercharger fires. :D I'm not sure how exactly they deal with that, exactly, beyond that they obviously must.

Either way, even if those parts have gone through half of their usable life after just three or four years of high-use charging, the half that's left over would probably last for decades as a low-use supercharger, assuming all other conditions are roughly equal. And the cabinets themselves will last forever, if you just keep swapping out components as they fail. And transformers and other heavy iron will also last approximately forever as long as you don't let the oil levels get too low and you periodically exchange the oil to prevent moisture buildup.

Here is an update on the status of the North American "Coming Soon" superchargers targeted to open in 2019. 17 sites opened in the U.S. and Canada in the last month for a total of 76 so far in 2019. Below is a list of recently opened superchargers and 129 sites about which there is at least some information on the location. Sites with confirmed locations are shown at supercharge.info; details on all sites is available at the Supercharger Progress wiki.

LocationSite Known?Status
Tusayan, AZ yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Anaheim, CA yes awaiting construction?
Chico, CA yes operational
Dublin - Dublin Blvd, CA yes under construction
Emeryville, CA yes in permitting
Hayward, CA yes operational
Huntington Beach, CA yes in permitting
Laytonville, CA yes operational
Lone Pine, CA yes expansion in permitting
Malibu, CA yes operational
Marin City, CA yes in permitting
Menifee, CA yes in permitting
Menlo Park, CA yes under construction
Milpitas - Great Mall, CA yes under construction
Newark, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Ojai, CA yes under construction
Palm Springs, CA yes operational
Palo Alto, CA yes under construction
Pasadena, CA yes in permitting
Rancho Mirage, CA yes in permitting
Richmond, CA yes under construction
San Jose - Cottle Road, CA yes in permitting
Santa Monica, CA yes in permitting
South San Francisco, CA yes in permitting
Tahoe City, CA yes in permitting
Vallejo, CA yes operational
Visalia, CA maybe in planning
Watsonville, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Windsor, CA yes permit approved
Idaho Springs, CO yes in permitting
Wheat Ridge, CO maybe in site selection
Hartford - Liebert Road, CT yes under construction
Lisbon, CT yes in permitting
Meriden, CT maybe in site selection
Old Lyme, CT yes in permitting
Stamford - High Ridge Road, CT yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Stamford - Summer Street, CT yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Kissimmee, FL yes permit issued
Miami - Wynwood, FL maybe in site selection
Lithonia, GA yes under construction
Sioux City, IA maybe in design / permitting?
Evergreen Park, IL yes operational
Rolling Meadows, IL yes expansion in permitting
Olathe, KS yes operational
Lafayette, LA yes in permitting
Beverly, MA yes permit issued
Boston - Richard B Ross Way, MA yes operational
Braintree, MA yes under construction
Lynnfield, MA yes under construction
Orleans, MA yes under construction?
Seekonk, MA yes in permitting
Wareham, MA yes in permitting
Woburn, MA yes in permitting
Beltsville, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall East, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall West, MD yes in permitting
Frederick, MD yes under construction
Hanover, MD yes under construction
Riverdale Park, MD yes under construction
Baileyville, ME yes under construction
Bethel, ME yes in permitting
Medway, ME yes under construction
Portland, ME yes under construction
Escanaba, MI yes in permitting
Hudsonville, MI yes in permitting
Sault Sainte Marie, MI yes in permitting
Swartz Creek, MI yes awaiting power on / testing
Albert Lea II, MN yes under construction
Alexandria, MN yes in permitting
Robbinsdale, MN yes operational
Cary, NC yes under construction
Henderson, NC yes operational
Mount Airy, NC yes operational
Smithfield, NC yes under construction
Bismarck, ND yes in permitting
Dickinson, ND yes in permitting
Fargo, ND maybe in permitting
Jamestown, ND maybe in site selection
Rochester, NH yes in permitting
Basking Ridge, NJ yes awaiting power on / testing
Boonton, NJ yes under construction
Cape May, NJ yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Deptford, NJ yes under construction
East Brunswick II, NJ yes operational
Maple Shade, NJ yes in permitting
Phillipsburg, NJ yes in permitting
Toms River, NJ yes under construction
Wall Township, NJ yes in permitting
Incline Village, NV yes under construction
Brooklyn - Atlantic Avenue, NY yes operational
Glendale - Cooper Avenue, NY yes operational
Middletown, NY yes under construction
Oneonta, NY yes in permitting
Ossining, NY yes operational
Staten Island, NY yes under construction
West Nyack, NY yes awaiting power on / testing
Yorktown Heights, NY yes operational
Columbus - Polaris Parkway, OH yes operational
Wall, SD yes operational
Nashville - Downtown, TN yes permit issued
Austin - Stonelake Blvd, TX yes under construction
Burleson, TX yes under construction
Fort Worth - Monahans Avenue, TX yes in permitting
Giddings, TX yes under construction
Henrietta, TX yes under construction
Houston - Downtown, TX maybe in site selection / design
San Antonio, TX yes in permitting
Webster, TX yes under construction
Leesburg, VA yes awaiting power on / testing
Salem, VA yes awaiting power on / testing
Tysons, VA yes in permitting
Auburn, WA yes under construction
Blaine, WA yes under construction
Bellevue, WA yes in permitting?
Seattle, WA yes under construction
Tumwater, WA yes in permitting
Lake Geneva, WI yes under construction
Casper, WY maybe in site selection
Medicine Hat, AB yes permit issued?
Osoyoos, BC yes in permitting
Salmon Arm, BC maybe in design/permitting
Brandon, MB yes in design/permitting
Portage la Prairie, MB yes in design/permitting
Prawda, MB yes in permitting
Winnipeg, MB yes in permitting
Quispamsis, NB yes under construction
Salisbury, NB yes under construction
Woodstock, NB yes awaiting power on / testing
Enfield, NS yes in testing
Blind River, ON maybe in permitting?
Brockville, ON yes in design/permitting
Deep River, ON yes under construction
Espanola, ON yes under construction
Ignace, ON yes in permitting
Kincardine, ON maybe in permitting?
Nipigon, ON yes in permitting
North Bay, ON yes under construction
Renfrew, ON yes in permitting
Terrace Bay, ON yes in permitting
Vaughan, ON yes in permitting
Woodbridge, ON maybe in design/permitting
Terrebonne, QC maybe in design/permitting
Maple Creek, SK yes under construction
Moose Jaw, SK yes under construction
Moosomin, SK yes in permitting
Regina, SK maybe in design/permitting

Here are the remaining 378 superchargers Coming Soon in 2019 that haven't been found yet:
Dothan AL, Montgomery AL, Tuscaloosa AL, Globe AZ, Kayenta AZ, Phoenix AZ, Arkadelphia AR, Bentonville AR, Blytheville AR, Clarksville AR, Forrest City AR, Fort Smith AR, Adin CA, Bakersfield CA, Beverly Hills CA, Bishop CA, Brea CA, Cambria CA, Castro Valley CA, Cerritos CA, Chino Hills CA, Chula Vista CA, Commerce CA, Costa Mesa CA, Dana Point CA, Del Mar CA, El Cajon CA, Escondido CA, Folsom CA, Fresno CA, Greenville CA, Half Moon Bay CA, Hesperia CA, Highland CA, Hollywood CA, Indio CA, Irvine CA, Kirkwood CA, Kramer Junction CA, Lakewood CA, Long Beach CA, Los Altos CA, Marina Del Rey CA, Mariposa CA, Mendocino CA, Merced CA, Mission Viejo CA, Mojave CA, Montebello CA, Moreno Valley CA, Mountain View CA, Newell CA, Northridge CA, Oakland CA, Ontario CA, Pacific Palisades CA, Palm Desert CA, Palmdale CA, Playa Vista CA, Pomona CA, Redding CA, Redondo Beach CA, San Diego CA - La Jolla, San Dimas CA, San Francisco CA, San Francisco - Financial District CA, San Francisco - Mission CA, San Francisco - SOMA CA, San Mateo CA, San Rafael CA, San Ysidro CA, Santa Barbara CA, Santa Clara CA, Santa Cruz CA, Santa Rosa CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Sonoma CA, Sonora CA, Stockton CA, Studio City CA, Susanville CA, Truckee CA, Tustin CA, Venice CA, Ventura CA, Vista CA, Walnut Creek CA, West Covina CA, Westwood CA, Williams CA, Woodland CA, Woodside CA, Alamosa CO, Conifer CO, Denver CO, Denver - Cherry Creek CO, Denver - Tech Center CO, Idaho Springs CO, Montrose CO, Steamboat Springs CO, Telluride CO, Walsenburg CO, Darien CT, New London CT, North Canaan CT, Torrington CT, Trumbull CT, Columbia Heights DC, Washington NE DC, Washington SE DC, Washington DC, Beach Park FL, Boca Raton FL, Cocoa West FL, Destin FL, Hollywood FL, Key West FL, Lakeland FL, Miami Beach - Bal Harbour FL, Miami Beach - South Beach FL, Miami - Coral Gables FL, Millenia FL, North Naples FL, Ochopee (Alligator Alley) FL, Palm Coast FL, Pensacola FL, Tampa - Clear Water FL, Tampa - Wesley Chapel FL, Union Park FL, Weston FL, Winter Garden FL, Winter Park FL, Yeehaw Junction FL, Alpharetta GA, Atlanta - Cumberland GA, College Park GA, Columbus GA, Forest Park GA, Madison GA, Metter GA, Sandy Springs GA, Honolulu HI, Kailua HI, Maui HI, Heyburn ID, Mountain Home ID, Chicago – Bridgeport IL, Evanston IL, Joliet IL, Marion IL, Northbrook IL, Oak Brook IL, Oak Park IL, Bloomington IN, Elberfeld IN, Overland Park KS, Emporia KS, Elizabethtown KY, Maysville KY, New Orleans LA, Bar Harbor ME, Skowhegan ME, West Forks ME, Elkridge MD, Greenbelt MD, Halethorpe MD, Hanover MD, Ocean City MD, Rossville MD, Boston - Seaport MA, Burlington MA, Charlestown MA, Falmouth MA, Lawrence MA, Marlborough MA, Revere MA, Somerville MA, South Dennis MA, Waltham MA, Detroit MI, Mackinaw City MI, Marquette MI, Novi MI, Bloomington MN, Maple Grove MN, Minneapolis MN, Minnetonka MN, Richfield MN, St Paul MN, St. Louis Park MN, Brookhaven MS, Hattiesburg MS, Brentwood MO, St. Louis MO, Bighorn MT, Glendive MT, Great Falls MT, Helena MT, Kalispell MT, Miles City MT, Shelby MT, Primm NV, Reno NV, North Conway NH, Wolfeboro NH, Bridgewater NJ, Cherry Hill NJ, Edgewater NJ, Elizabeth NJ, Hackensack NJ, Hamilton Township NJ, Mount Laurel NJ, Newark NJ, Pompton Lakes NJ, Roxbury Township NJ, Summit NJ, Wayne NJ, West Orange NJ, Clayton NM, Clovis NM, Grants NM, Soccoro NM, Astoria NY, Bath Beach NY, Bay Shore NY, Bedford Hills NY, Bergen Beach NY, Brooklyn Heights NY, Buffalo NY, Centuck NY, Chelsea NY, East Hampton NY, Elmhurst NY, Flushing NY, Gowanus NY, Harlem NY, Ithaca NY, Kips Bay NY, Lake Placid NY, Little Neck NY, Mahwah NY, Manorville NY, Port Chester NY, Scarsdale NY, Shirley NY, Upper East Side NY, Wantagh NY, White Plains NY, Woodbury NY, Durham NC, Point Harbor NC, Grand Forks ND, Akron OH, Chillicothe OH, Cleveland OH, Henryetta OK, Boardman OR, Burns OR, Hood River OR, Madras OR, Newport OR, Ontario OR, Portland OR, Portland NW OR, Portland NE OR, Portland SE OR, Roseburg OR, Salem OR, Bridesburg PA, King of Prussia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Springfield PA, Swartzville PA, Newport RI, Charleston SC, Austin - Downtown TX, Beaumont TX, Boerne TX, Brenham TX, Cedar Park TX, College Station TX, Dallas (Downtown) TX, Dilley TX, Falfurrias TX, Fredericksburg TX, Houston TX, Houston TX - Uptown, Lubbock TX, San Angelo TX, Selma TX, Ogden UT, Park City UT, Provo UT, Lyndon VT, Rutland VT, Fairfax VA, Gainesville VA, Newport News VA, Roanoke VA, Chelan WA, Enumclaw WA, Forks WA, Kirkland - Totem Lake WA, Longview WA, Okanogan WA, Olympia WA, Ritzville WA, Seattle - Northgate WA, Seattle - University Village WA, Snoqualmie WA, Spokane WA, Tacoma WA, Yakima WA, Milwaukee WI, Sturgeon Bay WI, Waukesha WI, Cody WY, Bassano AB, Calgary AB, Burnaby BC, Castlegar BC, Creston BC, Fernie BC, Grand Forks BC, Princeton BC, Richmond BC, Sicamous BC, Vancouver - North BC, Vancouver - West BC, White Rock BC, Reynolds MB, Moncton NB, Saint John NB, Batchawana Bay ON, Bracebridge ON, Brampton ON, Dryden ON, Kenora ON, Mississauga ON, Nepean ON, Newmarket ON, Orangeville ON, Orillia ON, Perth ON, Peterborough ON, Sault Ste. Marie ON, Scarborough ON, St. Catharines ON, Strathroy ON, Thunder Bay ON, Toronto - Liberty Village ON, Toronto - The Annex ON, Toronto - Yonge / Eglinton ON, Upsala ON, Waterloo ON, Wawa ON, Weston ON, White River ON, Charlemagne QC, Gatineau QC, Griffintown QC, La Pocatière QC, Lachute QC, Lebourgneuf QC, L’Étape QC, Saguenay QC, Saint Georges QC, Saint Sauveur QC, Saint Therese QC, Sherbrooke QC, Chaplin SK, Swift Current SK, Wolsely SK

This viewpoint is incredibly short-sighted, and instead you should be asking yourself how many buyers have been tipped over to the buy column simply because the supercharger network is so extensive.
Absolutely! Count me as one. I have a 2011 Leaf that works just fine for all my driving needs EXCEPT those served by the Tesla SC network.:)