Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to Offer CCS charging adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it appeared from my investigation to be limited to 300A.
The ratings tend to be for sustained capacity. So it should be able peak higher than that for short periods of time. (But CCS stations are normally limited to 250A or 500A and a Model 3 that is mostly empty will be ~350V so kW will likely be lower than the maximum would lead you to think.)

Reactions: thedanl
Now that we have a rear view there might be an explanation for what that funny prong on the back is for. It looks like the charge port will push it into the adapter, probably to latch the CCS "trigger" latch in place when the adapter is plugged into the car.
1656565-10-A_2.jpg

Also note that the specs indicate 500V and 300A, so this could get "up to" 150 kW on a 500V Tesla.
On a 400V Tesla such as a Model 3 that would be about 120 kW (400V*300A), but I believe the new Model S/X charge at higher voltage so could get a bit more.

1634602391116.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Google Translate of the Tesla shop page:

This item is out of stock.
Receive email when back in stock
More information

detailed description:
Expand your fast charging options with the Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter, compatible with third-party charging networks. Before using the CCS Combo 1 adapter with the CCS1 charging station, please refer to the support page for details including compatibility.

※Caution: Currently, this product is only applicable to Model 3 and Model Y.

Configuration:
1 x CCS Combo 1 Adapter product no: 1656565-10-A

Applicable car models:
Model 3, Model Y

With or without KC certification:
有 (ZZ07011-20001)

Rating:
500 Vd.c, 300 Ad.c.

Release date of the same model:
2021/10

Manufacturer/Importer:
PEGATRON Corporation (Taoyunan Plant)/TESLA KOREA

origin:
Taiwan

size:
16(L) x 10(W) x 14(H)(cm)

Quality Assurance Standards:
In accordance with relevant laws and consumer dispute resolution regulations

Risks and precautions due to the use of the product:
See CCS Combo 1 Adapter Manual (PDF)

A/S service corporation and contact information:
Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)

Information on the terms and conditions of the transaction:

1. Delivered quickly and safely through a logistics company designated by Tesla Korea, and you can receive the product within 3-5 days after payment.

2. Regarding the effect of order cancellation or contract termination:
Buyer's simple change of mind within 7 days of receiving the product (Buyer bears the return shipping cost)

[Specific reasons for non-cancellation]
* Products with an opened box or products installed
* If the tabs attached to the product and the product box are damaged/lost
* If the product is lost or damaged due to the customer's cause
* If the delivered product is damaged or contaminated
* If 7 days have passed since delivery
* For custom-ordered products (excluding product defects), return within 30 days of receipt of a product that is defective as indicated/advertised, or within 3 months of receipt of the product, or within 30 days of knowing that the product differs from the mark/advertisement. /Exchange is not allowed. (Seller bears return shipping cost)

3. Conditions and procedures for exchanges, returns, product guarantees, etc., and compensation for refunds and delays in refunds:
* Quality Assurance Standards: You may exchange/return items purchased for initial defects and defects.
* A/S manager and phone number: Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)
* Upon arrival of the returned product, we will issue a refund to the method you paid for in accordance with the Tesla return process.

4. Compensation for damages, handling complaints about goods, etc., and resolution of disputes between consumers and businesses:
* For complaints about product use and compensation for damages, please contact the manufacturer, importer, or seller. Contact our customer support team and we will assist you in resolving the issue in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
* Almost all of Tesla Korea's products are imported and individual parts are not imported, so if you need A/S, you can substitute other parts for A/S.

5. Terms of Transaction (including how to check details)
See Tesla Korea Terms and Conditions

Excellent find @RadScientist! couple of things that I noted in trying to find out more: it appeared from my investigation to be limited to 300A. While I couldn’t quickly figure out a way to translate the user manual (1 page pdf) link, the figures shown appeared to be with a model s/x or so I thought based on the charge port flap.
Good catch, that very much is an S/X charge port.

Now that we have a rear view there might be an explanation for what that funny prong on the back is for. It looks like the charge port will push it into the adapter, probably to latch the CCS "trigger" latch in place when the adapter is plugged into the car.

Excellent. I just created a thread about the South Korean CCS Aadapter User Manual here (South Korean CCS Aadapter User Manual) and asked questions about that "pin" or "prong." Still seems delicate and vulnerable to breakage.

Anyone know where I can purchase an adapter or know of someone in this forum?

They are not yet shipping it to the USA. Many of us are waiting for the day that the adapter ships.

As widely reported, the South Korean Tesla CCS1 adapter is intended only for Models 3 and Y in that Country. As I recall, the these CCS1 adapters would at first apparently not work in North American cars at NA charge stations. This was reported on TMC and YouTube, I believe.

However, since the holiday software update with new information about CCS-enabled cars, has this changed?

Unfortunately, every time I look at the Tesla South Korea site the CCS1 adapter is still sold out. Regardless, use caution. It may still not work in the US and/or for your model.

There are at least two third-party CCS1 adapters, but they have various limitations at present.

The bottom line: We need a reliable, affordable Tesla CCS adapter for North America that works in all model-years (with affordable retrofits if necessary).

The new Plaid model delivered seems to have both CCS and Tesla connectors in the car charge port. As far as my understanding goes, even if CCS adapter is officially released in the US, it may work only on M3, MY and newer MX and MS. the older MX and MS will need to have their inbuilt battery charging hw upgraded to use the CCS adapter. Folks more knowledgeable in this matter can correct me if my understanding is wrong.

The new Plaid model delivered seems to have both CCS and Tesla connectors in the car charge port. As far as my understanding goes, even if CCS adapter is officially released in the US, it may work only on M3, MY and newer MX and MS. the older MX and MS will need to have their inbuilt battery charging hw upgraded to use the CCS adapter. Folks more knowledgeable in this matter can correct me if my understanding is wrong.
Huh?

The version for Asia and Europe does, but un NA its still the Tesla connector.