Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theft Of Components Off My Model S @ Cleveland Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's nothing stopping the OP from saying "Tesla is working with me now on this, a status update may follow" or "Tesla asked for an NDA so I can't say anything further".

In absence of either of those, I'm calling it a hoax until such time there's an update from the OP.

I was contacted before regarding an issue I posted on the forum about my car and by tweeting Elon Musk. Tesla never told me to be silent or sign an NDA but my issues weren't at the extent of what the OP is dealing with.

• Informative
Reactions: oktane
BTW, for people insisting that the OP must be a troll / making up the whole thing:

Joe Rinke

1) Very much a real person
2) Very much into Tesla, and regularly advocating for them (also has vids on YouTube).

Watch, for example, this video, starting at 22 seconds in and tell me that this isn't someone who loves their car:

I find it annoying that people always assume that anyone who says anything negative about Tesla is a troll. Tesla is not perfect. No car company is, or ever will be. Employees are human, and sometimes they will misbehave.

BTW, for people insisting that the OP must be trolling / making up the whole thing:

Joe Rinke

2) Very much into Tesla, and regularly advocating for them (also has vids on YouTube).

Watch, for example, this video, starting at 22 seconds in and tell me that this isn't someone who loves their car:

I find it annoying that people always assume that anyone who says anything negative about Tesla is a troll. Tesla is not perfect. No car company is, or ever will be. Employees are human, and sometimes they will misbehave.
Indeed, one way to make a company or people better is to inform them of problems. It doesn't always work, but for those who should survive, it often does.

BTW, for people insisting that the OP must be a troll / making up the whole thing:

Joe Rinke

To be fair, the majority of people were sympathising with him. The majority of those that weren't were awaiting more information before committing.

I, too, hate that Tesla draws trollish behavior, but it's difficult to fault people for being wary of first time posters...IMHO.

Reactions: EinSV
'one party consent' laws has more to do with admissibility of an obtained audio recording when considered for evidence in court. Not with the act of recording it in the first place.

Otherwise anytime you pull out your phone to video-tape your kids soccer practice, and it records the guy next to you yelling for a hot dog, you would be breaking the law.

Recording a private conversation without at least one person knowing about it is called eavesdropping and definitely illegal. Hiding a recording device in a car that goes to a shop is not at all a public place.

Recording in a public place is a totally different thing. You have to expect that other overhear your conversation so it's perfectly legal to record audio and video in the public.

Recording a private conversation without at least one person knowing about it is called eavesdropping and definitely illegal. Hiding a recording device in a car that goes to a shop is not at all a public place.

Recording in a public place is a totally different thing. You have to expect that other overhear your conversation so it's perfectly legal to record audio and video in the public.

Actually it all depends on the state. IL has no expectation of privacy exception to its every party consent for audio recordings. They recently amended the law to ensure citizens could record police officers and other public officials but no other modifications were made. So if you recorded some public proceeding without everyone's consent, you've technically violated our eavesdropping laws even if no one had a legitimate or reasonable expectation of privacy.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I, too, hate that Tesla draws trollish behavior, but it's difficult to fault people for being wary of first time posters...IMHO.

You guys keep saying that, but in my view since 2015 or so at least, most often posts like this as well as leaks on TMC have been real and not fake. Maybe it was different in very early days of the stock.

Equally, most often the doubters have been proven wrong down the road. That said, I do agree in this thread the doubters have been a minority. That's a good thing.

As for waiting verification, that is always good. Some doubt is healthy. Saying we don't know if OP is faking, is perfectly fine. Saying that he is faking IMO is not wise. History has proven that approach so wrong so many times.

Remember Eds.

Reactions: mrElbe and Lump
You guys keep saying that, but in my view since 2015 or so at least, most often posts like this as well as leaks on TMC have been real and not fake. Maybe it was different in very early days of the stock.

Equally, most often the doubters have been proven wrong down the road. That said, I do agree in this thread the doubters have been a minority. That's a good thing.

As for waiting verification, that is always good. Some doubt is healthy. Saying we don't know if OP is faking, is perfectly fine. Saying that he is faking IMO is not wise. History has proven that approach so wrong so many times.

Remember Eds.

Like all these posts about catastrophic suspension failures - people say they are trolls, but the photos and recurrent pattern proves they are not.

Like all these posts about catastrophic suspension failures - people say they are trolls, but the photos and recurrent pattern proves they are not.

It is the doubters that IMO feed the doubt. People just remember a lot of posters were doubted... what they don't seem to remember is that most posters these days seem to be, in the end, real.

Actually, feel free to point to any fake poster in the past year or two, of any significance. I'm sure there have been a few, but I can't recall any right of the top of my hat. I can recall many that were doubted but very completely real.

That's completely untrue. Not only has there not been a pattern of suspension failures, the failures that were more or less legitimate involved different components.

Last edited:

Joe Rinke

I think that those who have assumed the OP was lying, without any evidence whatsoever, tells us more about those people than anything else.

I think that those who have assumed the OP was lying, without any evidence whatsoever, tells us more about those people than anything else.

Oh really? Interesting... What exactly does that tell "us"? If you're going to take a back handed swipe at people like myself, at least have the courage to finish your thought...

I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that a Tesla owned service center STOLE things from a customer car, especially things like seats... I mean seriously people...??? Really??? You guys honestly think that Tesla stole the guys seats and did such a poor job doing so that they damaged the wiring???

At least the OP was willing to backup their claims unlike the other thread where the guy made wild accusations without any proof and people hopped on the bandwagon without any hesitation...

TMC is slowly turning from a Tesla enthusiasts site to a Tesla troll site...

Jeff