Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we have accept that we are early adopters of a concept that the next generation will benefit from by being able to play Fornite or suchlike with their mates, while the car takes them to Glastonbury unaided.
For now, I’m happy to drive myself to Morrison’s listening to Radio 2.
If anyone comments on the car, I’ll simply say “it’s well bad innit”
Older people will think it’s awful and younger people will think it’s great :)

• Funny
Reactions: pow216 and DJP31
Do many of us actually play these games? I don't have an issue that they are available and the fart is fun the first day you get the car but surely cars are there to drive and not sit in them when you reach your destination.

Even when Supercharging I am more likely to be out of the car than in and was very underwhelmed with the added games at Christmas.
I can only presume sitting in the car for extended period is a US thing? I dunno. When I first got an i3 I tried staying in it while it was charging, and doing some work, but I quickly realised I could just go for a walk, or to go the pub for a quick bite to eat, etc. I haven't played a single game in the car and can't see a scenario where I would really, other than showing someone that they exist.

Reactions: Yachtsman
I've not even opened any of the games to see what they are like, TBH. I did play with fart mode the day I got the car, but haven't done since. I believe the main reasons that the games are included and updated is because it's something different that stands out in reviews, so tends to attract more attention. Given that Tesla don't advertise, but rely on customers and reviewers doing that for them, having a rarely used, but eye catching and fun feature that is pretty much guaranteed to get them more exposure on social media probably isn't such a dumb move as it seems.

Same here. I’ve booked a ranger visit and the part is on back order. Translation may be “lots are breaking” I guess.

Well it didnt last long, the boot will now not open without some manual intervention, getting the 3 beeps, although closing the boot by pressing the button works, so unsure what the issue is.
Called Tesla support and we went through soft and hard reboots and full power off... still didnt sort the problem so the tech advised raising a Service request through the app.

I think we have accept that we are early adopters of a concept that the next generation will benefit from by being able to play Fornite or suchlike with their mates, while the car takes them to Glastonbury unaided.
For now, I’m happy to drive myself to Morrison’s listening to Radio 2.
If anyone comments on the car, I’ll simply say “it’s well bad innit”
Older people will think it’s awful and younger people will think it’s great :)
The early adopters thing is wearing a bit thin IMO. They've been building cars for a decade. And lots of the people they hired were building cars long before that. And EVs are mass market products.

The software bugs are just laziness, maybe a function of limited attention spans of the people developing them and a high probability that all the good people are dealing with FSD. Quite why you'd ever buy that given the problems with the basic stuff is beyond me. Wipers are crap, the battery drains as we can't work out how to get the car to sleep but for a few thousand more we've got this FSD system that is faultless. REALLY!!!

I also suspect they have started to believe their own bullshit (more than the US cultural average!!), that they are years ahead of the competition. They are not when it comes to autopilot type functionality and it seems to me that most of the touted range advantage disappears in the real world. In lots of instances being first does not mean winning, even if it looks like that for a good while.

Reactions: OttoR and MrBadger
It smacks of the 'minimal viable product' mantra that almost caught hold here.. ie. release any old crap as long as you're first to market.

They then never follow up by finishing anything off. AP still has unfixed bugs from a year ago, wipers never fixed, voice control has wierd omissions, even if they got the recognition working (you can open the glovebox whilst driving but can't switch the foglights on?). Sentry mode is about 80% of the way to being a decent dashcam..

I get the sense that the brief flurry of activity around the dashcam has ended now too. For a short period of time it seemed like it was getting some real attention, then nothing.

I guess there isn’t even a culture of “Fun Project Fridays” where developers get to attack their own personal issues with the car, unless there is and all of them just want to do games.

Like others on here, I have zero interest in any of the games (and steering input on some, turns & scrubs the cars' front tyres which is pointless and ridiculous). Why does the car also have Trax - do they honestly believe people want to sit in a car to create fake music?

I expect that a high percentage of Tesla owners are either people of a certain age or non-American younger working professionals. I can't see the former having the interest or the latter having the time for such trivialities.... I doubt many wear a baseball cap backwards either.

Last edited:
Might have to switch to chess while waiting in the car, Solitaire is getting a bit boring but good for number practice with small child. Elon has promised Sudoku which I await eagerly. There must be other simple games good for killing a few minutes at a time they could licence or re-implement, Minesweeper anyone?

But we digress, nothing really interesting in the 2021.4.x releases other than bugs and bug fixes.