Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an RN number directly from tesla by text on the 2nd June, but heard nothing from them since. Sent in a query to the lease company last Monday and was told delivery had moved from early July to late July, then another update on Friday saying mid September ! Not best pleased. But before I go into battle trying to work out if it is a tesla problem or lease problem. Lease company currently blaming tesla........
Late July is just isn't an option. They are manufacturing this quarter's cars in July and it then takes 4 weeks for them to get from China via sea.

I suggest you contact Tesla via online chat and ask them for an update, giving them your RN number. If they say mid Sept. then ask why when others who ordered later are being told late August.

Late July is just isn't an option. They are manufacturing this quarter's cars in July and it then takes 4 weeks for them to get from China via sea.

I suggest you contact Tesla via online chat and ask them for an update, giving them your RN number. If they say mid Sept. then ask why when others who ordered later are being told late August.
Thats a great suggestion, thanks I will do it first thing tomorrow.

Ordered my Model 3 LR through company salary sacrifice scheme end of May and given an estimated delivery date early July. Just got an update on Friday that delivery has now jumped to mid September ! Is this usual ? Anyone else had a similar experience ?
No, but given I ordered June I'll be keeping my eye out for similar. What spec is yours and who are the lease company?

No, but given I ordered June I'll be keeping my eye out for similar. What spec is yours and who are the lease company?
I spoke with Tesla last week and they told me the lease company had told them to not deliver until mid-sept, so they couldn't allocate me a car. Have had radio silence from them, so they're getting a phone call tomorrow. (VW/NHS Fleet - standard LR in Blue, ordered 1st June)

I spotted a LRM3 on the website and thought I'd chance my arm and see if they would match me to it. No deal!

Those that show as 'in transit' are excess stock. Vehicles that match you order will have already been taken from this list and not be shown online

Delivery estimate?
Late August / September
How far in advance of delivery do you get notified of the VIN?
Plenty of notice. It happens which they at see (assuming he meant "while they are at sea"!)

You should very soon
I did ask for a ship name but he's obviously had the anti-interrogation training and claimed he didn't know 😁

I spoke with Tesla last week and they told me the lease company had told them to not deliver until mid-sept, so they couldn't allocate me a car. Have had radio silence from them, so they're getting a phone call tomorrow. (VW/NHS Fleet - standard LR in Blue, ordered 1st June)
How did you get on?

Sadly, not entirely surprised to hear this. Despite telling the NHS fleet company on several occasions that we were happy to pick up if it meant we could get the Tesla more quickly, it was only when I got hold of someone sensible at Tesla happy to talk to a mere leasee that it transpired we were still down as delivery only. And, before that, we still don't know what the problem was with our order, which the fleet company in any case flatly denied ('You've been allocated a vehicle.' 'Not according to Tesla we haven't').

Called them and after telling me that it is only an estimated delivery date (despite Tesla telling me it was a lease company hold), fleet are now emailing leasing company to tell them to assign/match asap and to remove the hold. I asked to be cc'd and they said the system wouldn't allow it! 🤷‍♂️
I've emailed VW direct too, but they're silent too - probably fed up of it!

Live chat told me that they're expected towards the end of August but they're delaying delivery of lease cars so they're on a 71 plate. I asked if this was a Tesla or a leasing company decision and they said "a bit of both".

Bit cheeky if you ask me since they're not going to pass the higher residual values onto the driver. Of course it might turn around and bite them if the delay means they don't get all the Q3 shipments by the end of the month.