Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm genuinely amazed - ordered inventory LR yesterday afternoon, everything done (inc finance approved) in about 20 minutes (and most of that was me faffing about filling out the details, uploading driving licence photos etc).

Got a text today to schedule delivery, so within 24 hours car ordered and delivery set for the 24th August.
Absolutely. If you order from inventory the turnaround is very quick.

Mine was 9 days from order to collection. Though that was the big end of June push.

Ordered 8th July M3LR Midnight silver, Black. Got RM number but nothing else atm.
Ordered exactly the same spec, M3 LR midnight silver , black interior ,18’s and AWD , apparently all orders are soft orders, they’re allocating us cars which are on the boat and will release a date when they can be sure that the cars will be here , once those q3 are all sold then they are telling customers it’ll be November (q4) .

Ordered exactly the same spec, M3 LR midnight silver , black interior ,18’s and AWD , apparently all orders are soft orders, they’re allocating us cars which are on the boat and will release a date when they can be sure that the cars will be here , once those q3 are all sold then they are telling customers it’ll be November (q4) .
I can understand the frustration of some people here. They have ordered a vehicle in June, when the website suggests an August delivery date then in the middle of July a few vehicles appear 'in-transit' and those get immediately allocated with delivery dates agreed whilst the people who ordered many weeks ago are in the dark as to when they will get their vehicle, other than just a vague late August/September answer when they contact Tesla.

Either inventory vehicles should have been allocated first come, first served to the next available order than matches the spec, or these vehicles are in fact stock as all orders have already been matched - in which case all people who have them on order should have received delivery dates before the new July 'inventory' orders.

Different scale obviously but it’s the same way Apple work with new product releases. With them you can put an order in on the website and possibly wait weeks for a delivery but stock does appear much earlier in stores for pick up if your lucky enough to be looking when they appear you could get it weeks before an order.

Can’t say I agree with that particular way of doing things but that’s the way it is by the looks of it.

I can understand the frustration of some people here. They have ordered a vehicle in June, when the website suggests an August delivery date then in the middle of July a few vehicles appear 'in-transit' and those get immediately allocated with delivery dates agreed whilst the people who ordered many weeks ago are in the dark as to when they will get their vehicle, other than just a vague late August/September answer when they contact Tesla.

Either inventory vehicles should have been allocated first come, first served to the next available order than matches the spec, or these vehicles are in fact stock as all orders have already been matched - in which case all people who have them on order should have received delivery dates before the new July 'inventory' orders.
Their allocation service obviously doesn’t work on a first come, first served principal. It all appears a bit of a mess. Lesson learned I guess. Next time, order an “in transit”’ inventory car and you’ll be able to “jump the queue”.

I was told the “in transit” inventory items were excess stock. Which if it’s the case, you would have expected others to have more info by now.

Maybe one for the “Ask Tesla” thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberts1785
Their allocation service obviously doesn’t work on a first come, first served principal. It all appears a bit of a mess. Lesson learned I guess. Next time, order an “in transit”’ inventory car and you’ll be able to “jump the queue”.

I was told the “in transit” inventory items were excess stock. Which if it’s the case, you would have expected others to have more info by now.
Yes sparky you are right they are extras. Tesla doesn’t make cars based only on orders. You can order and have your standard vanilla base model or models with bells and whistles. But this will take its own time. Or you can order cars that were made by Tesla based on their own data (demand). They are normally the extras and these can be ordered without delay when they are in transit.

Different scale obviously but it’s the same way Apple work with new product releases.
The difference being that Apple are up front about it and therefore you know there will be stock going to stores as well as home deliveries on launch day. The in-store stock provides the ability to capture on a whim purchases, something not so likely when it is a £40k+ vehicle purchase.

Maybe one for the “Ask Tesla” thread!
I was beginning to think I wasn’t getting mine any time soon, as others who had ordered after already had delivery texts. The system was down today, local SC confirmed this, but got a text around 5pm. They haven’t allocated everything in transit yet, so be patient and you may get lucky early next week. I hope you do anyway 🙂

1st post, so hello! Ordered M3LR (in blue, all standard otherwise) on 5th July. Leasing direct via Tesla. Got my RN same day, completed everything in the account screen, now says ‘drafting contract’ since… Am I right to assume this is pretty regular and I just need to wait for delivery info?