Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called yesterday and had the same message. Excuse given was global chip shortage, coupled with something about the factory not supplying enough LR models in the September shipment compared to Tesla's expectations.

I'm calling BS as there are plenty of folk here with the same/similar spec who are collecting earlier and ordered later than I did.

2021 M3 LR: Blue, Black Interior, 18" Aero
Ordered: 21/06/21 | Allocated: - | VIN: - | Delivery Txt: - | DD: - | Collection: Leeds
Maybe it’s also down to the location? Not sure how far ahead they plan this stuff, but looking at inventory they often have a location listed while the car is still on the boat. So maybe the other people who ordered were lucky as they had cars earmarked for that area already. Seems unfair, but if they can sell a blue LR from the docks (or a more local centre), maybe they’ll do that rather than incur the cost of transporting it up north.

I was pretty miffed last year, as I had an inventory car ordered, number plate assigned and had even insured the car in anticipation of collection, then due to the lockdown chaos i was told they accidentally ended up selling it to someone else. The strange thing is… that particular number plate has never shown up in the DVLA database, so no idea if that car ever actually existed or what happened with the registration.

Hi All,

First time poster but another long time lurker. I ordered M3LR in blue with black interior and tow hitch on 6th Sept.

Like a previous poster I've got a trade-in valuation pending. I called the 01628 number this morning and they say it typically takes 72 hours to come back. The trade in estimate was really good and comparable to Motorway and Wizzle so I'm holding fire until I get the final offer from Tesla.

When I called to add the tow hitch I was told it would be Nov/Dec delivery so I'm in the dilemma of accepting the Wizzle offer which is really good and buying a snotter to get me to Dec or take the trade in. There's maybe £500-600 difference which I could easily lose buying a cheap car while I wait. As has been mentioned, used car prices are crazy at the moment and I don't want to be caught out if the bubble bursts.

Maybe it’s also down to the location? Not sure how far ahead they plan this stuff, but looking at inventory they often have a location listed while the car is still on the boat. So maybe the other people who ordered were lucky as they had cars earmarked for that area already. Seems unfair, but if they can sell a blue LR from the docks (or a more local centre), maybe they’ll do that rather than incur the cost of transporting it up north.

I was pretty miffed last year, as I had an inventory car ordered, number plate assigned and had even insured the car in anticipation of collection, then due to the lockdown chaos i was told they accidentally ended up selling it to someone else. The strange thing is… that particular number plate has never shown up in the DVLA database, so no idea if that car ever actually existed or what happened with the registration.
Oh god, this will end up being my worst nightmare if anything like this happens. Planning on getting a lift to Southampton then will immediately be taking the car on a long trip. Probably a risky move but my situation is a bit like moodel_tree's where I ordered ages ago and expected to have the car in the first two weeks of this month but had to land on the day that I was going on holiday!

Congrats :) any idea where abouts at Bluewater it is?
I've been there a couple of times in the last week, follow directions to the cinema and as you approach the cinema car par you will see a few tesla collection barriers at the side of the road telling you where to go. They have taken over the whole south car park for the cinema entrance. 100's of Tesla's there on 3rd September at midnight (went to see Shang Chi).... I had a nosey around, 310-315 vins, 71' green flick plates, front mud flaps installed on all, all super chargers full with M3's

Reactions: NJR46
Evening all,
Just joined and learnt a lot already.

I can recommend motorway.co.U.K. if selling car. I got great price and money in account within 48hours.

I only ordered my LR Mod 3 on 23/8/21 and no VIN number yet. Anyone in similar position? I’d love to have new car by end of September!
I ordered a Blue SR+ with black interior and aero wheels on the 18th august, collection date of 30th September at the Trafford centre, VIN number had appeared in my lending agreement as in getting a Tesla loan

I've been there a couple of times in the last week, follow directions to the cinema and as you approach the cinema car par you will see a few tesla collection barriers at the side of the road telling you where to go. They have taken over the whole south car park for the cinema entrance. 100's of Tesla's there on 3rd September at midnight (went to see Shang Chi).... I had a nosey around, 310-315 vins, 71' green flick plates, front mud flaps installed on all, all super chargers full with M3's
Mental how they just leave brand new cars like that in the open 😂

Hi all,

Also new to this thread… I have ordered a white m3 LR black interior through work lease company.

Apparently the order was placed yesterday but so far don’t have an RN. When I asked the lease company they said it sometimes takes up to 2 weeks to come through from Tesla! Does this sound accurate or are they just not wanting to give me the number for some reason?

I’ve had nothing from Tesla themselves so I’ve nothing to confirm the order has been placed apart from the lease company’s say so.

Yeah, I'm going to take additional cover on top of Tesla's roadside assistance, which I've read is somewhat lacking. It's a toss up between AA and AutoAid for me.
I only found Autoaid three years ago and ended up using them plenty with my old BMW - brilliant service at an unbelievable price. A friend told me he had Green Flag cover and broke down near Birmingham and they would only take him as far as the county edge!

• Informative
Reactions: IAmNotARobot
I test drove at Cribbs. The sat nav to the store itself might take you to the front of the mall but easy enough to find the Tesla store from there and they'd direct you to wherever you need to be. If you need to drive to wherever the collection point is, I'm guessing it'll be at the back of the mall where the superchargers are (loads more parking and that's where their test cars are). You should be able to see that on satellite view. It's one roundabout later from the M5 or one earlier from the A38. M&S was in view.
Thanks that’s great

Blimey - if that's the case that's pretty shocking practice, discriminatory even. I did wonder the same thing seeing some of the collection locations in this thread though.

I saw on my invoice that a £935 delivery and registration fee is part of the order agreement, so I'd be interested to know how that breaks down.

Ah well - have woken up feeling philosophical about it and have been on the phone to the delivery team this morning to ask if they'd add some more SUC miles and/or additional years premium connectivity for my troubles. The guy was going to talk to a manager about it and call me back.

I wondered about the delivery fee too. Home delivery was not an option for me and they wouldn’t deliver it to the Winchester branch either claiming the car comes off the boat at Southampton so it’s not economical to transport them to Winchester. So my question is what am I paying a delivery fee for?

Hi all,

Also new to this thread… I have ordered a white m3 LR black interior through work lease company.

Apparently the order was placed yesterday but so far don’t have an RN. When I asked the lease company they said it sometimes takes up to 2 weeks to come through from Tesla! Does this sound accurate or are they just not wanting to give me the number for some reason?

I’ve had nothing from Tesla themselves so I’ve nothing to confirm the order has been placed apart from the lease company’s say so.
They are BSing you, I ordered direct from Tesla and had my RN immediately!

The lease companies wait for the 2 week cooling off period to elapse before actually ordering your car.

Reactions: Erol
I wondered about the delivery fee too. Home delivery was not an option for me and they wouldn’t deliver it to the Winchester branch either claiming the car comes off the boat at Southampton so it’s not economical to transport them to Winchester. So my question is what am I paying a delivery fee for?
Getting the car here from China.
Pretty standard from any manufacturer (if you look closely at the invoice), although when I ordered an AMG Merc in the past, there was a choice to either have the car brought here or to be flown over for a factory tour and then drive home yourself.

I think Tesla delivers to home or to their respective destinations not to all of their service centers. The delivery fee is mainly for the transport of your car to their respective destinations/home pretty standard with all manufacturers. I know it can be bit frustrating but they are not the traditional dealer based car company. They are in essence still a software company making cars as their main vehicle of business. So I think because of their disruptive nature of business - which definitely changed the car industry in a short period (the insane number of electric models Merc, Audi, BMWs are manufacturing) - they can't work like a dealer based car company and that will be completely against their business motto. It can be frustrating but as one of the TM3 owners I can vouch you the experience of owning it is phenomenal - again not in any traditional sense of the driving experience of owning a BMW or Merc or Audi - this is just different and the same feeling as we all had when we moved from the clunky blackberrys/nokias (more hardware ones) to iphone or android phones (software ones).

I think the dealership/ordering Tesla online is part of the overall picture - may not be that great to begin with as the process itself is a curtain raiser for a new disruptive business model but at the end I realised the experience of driving a Tesla is something different that I experienced when I switched from BBs to iPhone. I am sure in few years time most of the car industry will be using the Tesla business model and the neat excuse will be electrification of their cars. But I think the shift is clearly the domination of software over hardware business model in car industries. Elan realised this a bit early!

Last edited: