Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you find your VIN in the source code if it's a salary sacrifice/lease car or will it not show up as we aren't the actual owners?

My understanding is it won't show up unless you can access the 'manage' page which is specific to your car. I ordered mine through the company fleet management system and don't have this option so cannot check for VIN assignment in this way.

Reactions: tmleafs17
Vin in source code? Please can someone explain. Ordered M3LR red 10 Aug but not seen/heard anything yet...
The first indication of a match (an assignment of a vehicle to your order) has been the ability to find a vin in the source code on your Tesla account. However with the latest version of the Tesla app the vin is shown there. If you log into to your Tesla account and click manage order so that you get to the overview page of the order you can right click (on the page not the image of the car ) and select view source code (with chrome anyway ) . You can then search for LRW ( the first three characters of a made in china car as are all model 3 for UK) . I'm not sure at what point the app updates as this change occured after my order was already completed. If my instructions are too brief you can search in the forum for find vin. There are many other posts detailing the process. There is also a YouTube video , what a surprise 🙂, explaining the process, however that is based on Fremont made cars. All UK model three currently come from china (referred to as MIC) and all of their VINs start LRW

The first indication of a match (an assignment of a vehicle to your order) has been the ability to find a vin in the source code on your Tesla account. However with the latest version of the Tesla app the vin is shown there. If you log into to your Tesla account and click manage order so that you get to the overview page of the order you can right click (on the page not the image of the car ) and select view source code (with chrome anyway ) . You can then search for LRW ( the first three characters of a made in china car as are all model 3 for UK) . I'm not sure at what point the app updates as this change occured after my order was already completed. If my instructions are too brief you can search in the forum for find vin. There are many other posts detailing the process. There is also a YouTube video , what a surprise 🙂, explaining the process, however that is based on Fremont made cars. All UK model three currently come from china (referred to as MIC) and all of their VINs start LRW

If you’re waiting for a VIN to show in source code there is a handy chrome plugin that will search for you when you visit your account page and pop up when it finds one. Saves going through the view source/find process repeatedly.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tom Tes
Ordered blue M3LR late August and found VIN in source code today FWIW couldn't get web page source code in latest version of Safari but straightforward on google Chrome ( right click on manage vehicle page then control +F then type in LRW in search field) So now checking on Mr Helpful aka Mr Miserable on shipping movements to see when he figures out which slow boat from China it's on