Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When are those of you who placed orders for Tesla Model Y Long Range realistically expecting them?

On the ordering page it states early '22, however if you order a Model 3 SR it states Feb. If they're optimistic on deliveries in Q1 surely they could estimate a month.

Hoping this isn't another year wait as I've a buyer for my current motor, I've been stung by Teslas estimates before and had to cancel a Model 3P order and buy a secondhand S instead.

Got the text too, looks like we’re on for a bit more of a wait. Were ye able to reply? Text isn’t sending for me.

Seemed to send ok for me.

Yes also got that this evening.
My order was at the start of October so I wouldn’t be surprised if it slipped into next year anyway.
They sent an email asking the same just before the budget too. At that point they thought the grant would go but it was only the PHEVs that lost it.
I said yes to December as I’m impatient and I have a trade in which will also be a reg plate older after December.

I was in August, not sure if the Vin allocation is the same with Ireland? Haven't heard of any assigned. Maybe batch arrives and then allocated as coming from UK anyways.

Just spoke an agent on chat and they are estimating "late December" for Ireland deliveries

Sorry if this is old news, but I read somewhere that it doesnt matter when you ordered within a quarter, all deliveries are fulfilled at the end of the quarter e.g November/December.
I would agree to a certain extent. Tesla don’t build to order so they build a certain number of cars each quarter which are then assigned to orders usually according to when the order was placed.

I.e. You might not necessarily get the car sooner if ordered earlier. However, if you order later in the quarter your order may slip into next quarter if they don’t have enough cars to assign.

Hope that makes sense.

had a talk with tesla today and was told even I have ordered car on first week of September but I did not put registration details so I was not assigned car. not sure how much truth it is. Just frustrated at the entire process of ordering and waiting.

I'm not sure what way Tesla will be working around Christmas/New years but normally the last week or two of the quarter is an absolute mad scramble to get all the cars delivered for that quarter. With such a late Q4 order your probably looking towards the end of December.
Id say this chap is most likely to have his delivered February Q1 2022. I ordered late Q3 and I'm looking like late Q4 to get my order, but with a possibility of it slipping into Q1 to be honest at this rate.

When you get a VIN text its on its way and start watching the shipping details
Your car does not exist until you are allocated a VIN. VIN's are allocated around the time a loaded ship leaves port.
If you alert Mr M when your VIN is allocated, he will consult his "dartboard" to find the most likely ship that ties in with that timing.
Until then there's no point in guessing - no one knows officially where any of the cars are. Nearest info guy is Veda Prime.
However tracking other vessels is interesting and Mr M has been known to set the odd "minefield" quiz to lighten the mood.
Haha excellent, thanks all! Will keep an eye on on the VIN