Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Bandito, this forum and Tesla Motors Club in general has given a lot of current and prospective owners an insite into the workings of Tesla...I'm sure all would agree it's not just a simple logistics issue...someone has made a big error along the way where I've taken the hit from it...my time, emotions and money taken away before I've even got a sniff of car...I'd already prepared myself for maybe possible panel gaps, condensation in tail lights, maybe some scuffs or dirt but didn't expect to be smacked with this one...also, Tesla Luke giving me a new date I didn't even ask for, I was too shocked to even query the date at the time as not being available to attend upon checking later on...e-mailed delivery (I refuse to waste my time hanging on for ages) on Wednesday asking for a new date even further away as I'm off during Xmas week but needless to say still haven't got a reply...we all understand cancellations/changes are made but the day beforehand is ridiculous...I now understand how the Irish lads felt when they were sold a lot of Tesla nonsense!
I wonder if there wasn't damage during transport/wind damage which needs fixing before the car can be delivered which is why there's the delay?
Would be nice if they gave the actual reason rather than "You can only collect in 2 weeks".

I sent the Tesla Ireland team an email yesterday to point out that the car was fully paid and I asked for my reg details so I can sort insurance (collection in 10 days).

I got an email back saying now that I've paid they've instructed the registration team to register the car. basically a total waffle of a response - Me paying for this car had absolutely no impact on them registering it 😂. There's some good eggs on the Tesla CS team, some really helpful people but its this waffle and wishy washy messages that turn people off

Aww man that's horrible. I'm due delivery on Monday and I know this would devastate me!
As I'll tell anyone now...don't get too excited until you get to the site and drive the car away because as a company Tesla are too unreliable...their history dictates it...for a company to get away with so much they feel they are untouchable...ask yourself, why do so many people still buy a car which they know might have build issues etc (me included)...Tesla must be wondering why themselves in reality, now they've taken on a aggressive form as if they can do anything they want and we'll still buy their vehicles... just one way this aggressive change hits the customer is...the constant price changes going up, taking away premium connectivity, taking away referrals...as more of us buy their cars the more aggressive they are towards us!

I sent the Tesla Ireland team an email yesterday to point out that the car was fully paid and I asked for my reg details so I can sort insurance (collection in 10 days).

I got an email back saying now that I've paid they've instructed the registration team to register the car. basically a total waffle of a response - Me paying for this car had absolutely no impact on them registering it 😂. There's some good eggs on the Tesla CS team, some really helpful people but its this waffle and wishy washy messages that turn people off
Ive forked up fully also, I’d be keen to getting a reg too. Did they give you a timeline?

Keep pushing people. I ordered late October and got RN November 5th. Kept pushing for December. Collection this coming Tuesday.
I ordered and got my RN mid October (Lex Autolease via broker), found a VIN had been allocated 8th Nov. And now I find out that the VIN has been deallocated so my order no longer has a match and the December delivery the broker wsa promising seems unlikely now.

Ive forked up fully also, I’d be keen to getting a reg too. Did they give you a timeline?
Speaking to another CS on Monday I was told by the end of this week as the cars for December 10th collection had just been finalised. I honestly expected to have a reply with my Reg details when I asked yesterday so quite surprised with that response. No timeline - just that it'll be issued to me once they have it. I might call today and ask again.

Getting so p***ed off... I ordered my car through Lex AutoLease (it's a company car) on 18th October, RN received 29/10, yet it looks like I'm still not getting my car until Feb / March 2022. I've ordered a SR+ in the Red... Tesla tell me there is no 'stock' cars in the UK, yet some seem to be getting their sooner and they are also drip feeding the odd cars onto the Available Inventory on the website!

Getting so p***ed off... I ordered my car through Lex AutoLease (it's a company car) on 18th October, RN received 29/10, yet it looks like I'm still not getting my car until Feb / March 2022. I've ordered a SR+ in the Red... Tesla tell me there is no 'stock' cars in the UK, yet some seem to be getting their sooner and they are also drip feeding the odd cars onto the Available Inventory on the website!
It's also irritating that because I'm not the legal owner, I can't track through my Tesla Account and I won't hear anything until they want to schedule delivery. If I want an update I either have to go through the online chat or Ledx AutoLease who seem to struggle to get any answers within a reasonable timescale!

It's also irritating that because I'm not the legal owner, I can't track through my Tesla Account and I won't hear anything until they want to schedule delivery. If I want an update I either have to go through the online chat or Ledx AutoLease who seem to struggle to get any answers within a reasonable timescale!
If it’s any consolation (it won’t be) I think everyone struggles to get answers from Tesla. Also, my lease car account said delivery March 2022 and STILL says that even after Tesla has given me a December 23rd collection appointment. There’s still a bit of time for you to get your VIN and delivery date yet. Not much mind.

Yeah Lex do drag their heels and need prodding. Oh, and if they say they'll get back to you THEY WON'T. Never, ever leave a conversation with them that they'll call/email you back. THEY WILL NOT. Never. Ever.

That sucks, but i maybe wrong when is say that the turn around for M3 LR are the ones being delivered and there is a long wait on the SR+ models. Mines with LEX and i ordered mine within days of yours and mine is due in the next 2 weeks.... Allegedly :oops:

Update .. I emailed CS for a delivery date and got the following reply...

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We are still calculating currently. As you can imagine arranging a home delivery leading up to Christmas comes with its challenges as its incredibly busy. Would you still prefer a home delivery, or would you prefer to come and collect your vehicle from one of our hubs?

If you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate in reaching out to myself or any of the team on 01628 450 660."

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We are still calculating currently. As you can imagine arranging a home delivery leading up to Christmas comes with its challenges as its incredibly busy. Would you still prefer a home delivery, or would you prefer to come and collect your vehicle from one of our hubs?

If you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate in reaching out to myself or any of the team on 01628 450 660."
To add to this i have to say what amazing service ... i replied with i'd like to collect it and he rang me back immediately and said the car is currently at Leicester. 30 mins away .. HAPPY DAYS! he's ringing me back shortly to see if the car is prepped for collection but could collect as early as tomorrow. EEEEEKKKKK

To add to this i have to say what amazing service ... i replied with i'd like to collect it and he rang me back immediately and said the car is currently at Leicester. 30 mins away .. HAPPY DAYS! he's ringing me back shortly to see if the car is prepped for collection but could collect as early as tomorrow. EEEEEKKKKK
While I'm happy for you I absolutely wouldn't class this as great customer service. Great customer service would of been them calling you to make you aware of this option 😂

Either way, enjoy and take some pics for us!

Reactions: Paule
Email just received :

I hope you are well!

The equity from your trade-in exceeds your financing deposit. Did you wish to increase the deposit, or have funds returned to you? Please not that once initiated the refund takes up to 14 working days to process.

If you would like this equity returned, please provide the below:

Full International Bank Details Including IBAN & BIC/ SWIFT Code
Proof of Account Ownership to include the above - This must be taken from an official banking document such as bank statement

Kind regards,

Err, cash please 😛

And I now have a full compliment of glass back in my trade in 😁👍🏻

IMG_20211203_143044.jpg

"Good afternoon,

Is there an actual email address for CS or is it done through the website?

I've noticed the same thing, people can't get their cars ordered and paid for but Tesla can put cars on inventory...after I received my VIN, Paid etc they had a few vehicles on inventory with exactly the same spec... because I'd already got a date I just thought I'd leave it...little did I know I was going to get screwed over later on with a late change of collection date...don't get me wrong, Tesla are very clever and it works out for them financially as the cars in inventory get snapped up plus they have customers hanging on a string...with the Tesla you roll the dice, some win and some lose!