Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I'm getting my M3LR delivered on Friday, hopefully its on the Grande Texas!! I was jsut wondering what VIN numbers are at the moment, with regards to variant / colour /extras etc.

I'll kick off with mine:-
M3LR / Vin 165xxx / Deep Blue / Tow Hitch / Black interior / 18" Aero wheels
170XXX Blue, 19" wheels, black interior picked up yesterday (15 March) from Southampton. Ordered on 9 March.

Just chased my VIN Number and Tesla have assigned me to the wrong car. Black instead of white :-( I know have to wait to find out what is happening. The order definitely says white.
I wouldn't worry. I received a different car to the one I was assigned as mine was stuck in Southampton docks in the first lockdown March 2020. They appear to have a few spares in the system at any one time (cancelled orders, built for stock, etc.)

Hi all,

I've got my car scheduled for delivery on the 24th at Birmingham. When can I realistically expect the VIN number? I was told I'd get a text but to be honest I'm not overly convinced it's as smooth as they make out sometimes!

Cheers
If, as expected, the Grande Texas is currently unloading a shipload of M3s in Southampton then Tesla will be extremely busy delivering them all by month end to meet their deivery numbers this quarter.

That said, they will text you and email you about a week before delivery with final payments details etc.

If, however, you want your VIN now then go to the online chat on the sales page and ask them.

I got my VIN like that two weeks ago, as I wanted to a China build and Telsa had told me I was matched with a car. I found the chat experience the quickest and easiest way to get answers to questions.
I'm still waithing for my delivery date, however, but from past experience am confident Tesla will contact me in time for a March delivery. Hopefully my car was on the Texas and now in Southampton.

If, as expected, the Grande Texas is currently unloading a shipload of M3s in Southampton then Tesla will be extremely busy delivering them all by month end to meet their deivery numbers this quarter.

That said, they will text you and email you about a week before delivery with final payments details etc.

If, however, you want your VIN now then go to the online chat on the sales page and ask them.

I got my VIN like that two weeks ago, as I wanted to a China build and Telsa had told me I was matched with a car. I found the chat experience the quickest and easiest way to get answers to questions.
I'm still waithing for my delivery date, however, but from past experience am confident Tesla will contact me in time for a March delivery. Hopefully my car was on the Texas and now in Southampton.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I rang them and they were very helpful and gave me the reg and VIN. I have a software company, so I think that's made me naturally jaded against the 'process'. 😄

Would my car be on that shipment as well then?

Would my car be on that shipment as well then?

Probably, but unless Tesla confirm the ship, which they don't often do, then its down to guesswork based on VIN number sequences and probable ships. My VIN is LRW high 170s. I think some 170s were on previous ships so interested in MIC delivered VINS. But then they may park them in a stack instead of a queue :rolleyes: so who knows?

How do you do that - I meaning chasing VIN number? Can we do that at Tesla website/ Just wanted to check my car
Go to the Tesla website and click on any of the cars. There should be a chat icon pop up half way down the page. This only works in some browsers on a pc. Won’t work on a phone normally (get no chat icon). You need your RN number though to do it.

My insurance is based on the licence plate - had to phone up to do it as websites don't accept licences that you can't look up against DVLA but it seems fairly straight forward - direct line & aviva both were able to do that no bother
Some do, some don’t. I insured through Admiral and was able to manually enter my number plate online, no issues.

Reactions: MooseBerg