Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a history of changing the unpublished 'spec' of new cars. Heated rear seats, new door trim, revised centre console, phone charger, laminated front windows, etc etc all came along without announcement or fanfare. The policy seems to be you get what you get.

Tesla had a history of changing the spec at any time ( that’s OK if their terms and conditions state they have that right.)
Tesla does have a history of changing the spec at any time… (that is their right if their T&C’s state that fact)
What I find unacceptable is that they don’t make it clear what you get or when you might get it either before or after order. IE before or after they change the spec.
As you say, “you get what you get” (and get it when you get it!)… and you’re expected to accept this and furthermore put up with it.😡

I think the only way you will get the certainty you want is to buy used, so the final product is a known quantity.

I agree it's a pretty shabby way of doing business, but on the other hand I can see why they do it. Not being tied to a 'model year', dynamic offering, etc.

It does mean its a bit of a lottery from time to time, but that's how Tesla rolls.

Ordered mine on Saturday following a test drive just to make sure. M3LR. Told its due very soon, he said its due in the country in the next couple of days (on Saturday) so could well be onboard the Glovis Sun too :)
Done all the online stuff, finance is approved so its all down to them now.

Have a list of things to buy the moment its confirmed.. But now just sorting out selling my M240, moving a private plate off and dealing with selling and setteling the outstanding finance. If it wasn't for great second hand car values this wouldn't be possible but i'm really looking forward to owning it.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Ordered mine on Saturday following a test drive just to make sure. M3LR. Told its due very soon, he said its due in the country in the next couple of days (on Saturday) so could well be onboard the Glovis Sun too :)
Done all the online stuff, finance is approved so its all down to them now.

Have a list of things to buy the moment its confirmed.. But now just sorting out selling my M240, moving a private plate off and dealing with selling and setteling the outstanding finance. If it wasn't for great second hand car values this wouldn't be possible but i'm really looking forward to owning it.
Crumbs! Nice one.

Our fleet company ordered it on 22nd April, we received a text from Tesla confirming the order (from the lease company?) on 11th May, and we've *still* got an estimated delivery date of 30th June. I went for a bog-standard LR in the hope of keeping delivery times to a minimum, but there you go...!

Got my "pay your invoice" email this evening (delivery date 19th) and I've sent a whole pound to the account :D before lobbing the rest, just in case I've cocked something in the details up...
Question though... how long before the tesla account on the website updates with the details to show the GB nugget. anyone with experience?

EDIT.. I guess I should have read the most recent posts first...:oops:😣🙈

Hi all, I am a newbe here. I've ordered my M3 via a lease company, got my VIN and reg number three weeks ago, a week ago, got a SMS from Tesla sayin "Your M3... is nearly here". Today, this SMS was repeated, with no hint on actual delivery date. Any info on the waiting period in a similar situation?

So I should finally write up one of these posts given that I've taken advantage of lots of help from folk in the forums! Here is my experience so far:
  • Reservation in 2016 (yes...)
  • Ordered (M3 LR Midnight Silver, 18", tow bar, and just the cooncil** version of Autopilot), 6th May 2021. Ordered from configurator, then called Tesla Glasgow to get a 'hard match' to a car with a tow bar.
  • Applied for EST loan ~8th May. Approved in around two days. Had to send CreditKarma report in (tip: sign up for this in advance).
  • Accepted EST loan offer with initial invoice 14th May.
  • EST loan cleared for payment 1st June.
  • Delivery expected 12th June. Currently trying to get a Zappi installed and ordering alllll the accessories.
The car/VIN seems to have changed at least once during the process, and so I'm now on 'Final Invoice 3'. Tesla could not explain why. But I'm hoping that it's on the Glovis Sun (so already in Southampton). The most recent one is in the range LRW3F7EB0MC235xxx .

**basic

Last edited:
Hmm 20 mins, nothing yet...
More questions then...
On the tesla payments page it states
Wire transfer must include your RN and be initiated from your personal bank account to the account listed below
But on the actual invoice it says..
Enter the invoice number when executing the transaction:4010A0000xxxxx
I used the RN number in the "reference" field of the HSBC app

What did you all use?

Hmm 20 mins, nothing yet...
More questions then...
On the tesla payments page it states

But on the actual invoice it says..

I used the RN number in the "reference" field of the HSBC app

What did you all use?
I was confused by the same thing. I ended up using the RN number and it worked fine. Took around 20-30 mins to show up.

I did make one payment on a Saturday which didn’t get acknowledged until the Monday. The updates may only happen that quickly ‘In hours’. I bet when you check tomorrow it will be showing

Tesla have been putting car transporters on to the M3 within 24 hrs of a ship arriving. Delays have occurred in the past when the ship arrived late and car transporter bookings were lost. The cars are registered at the Tesla delivery centres. The importation of the cars is a routine online administrative affair.
I was surprised with the timing of the registration of my car. It arrived on the Glovis Sun which docked on Monday evening, but on Monday morning I received a text saying my final invoice was ready for payment - and the registration details appeared on that invoice. Is it possible that registration can take place even before the car has arrived in the country and completed the importation process?

I was surprised with the timing of the registration of my car. It arrived on the Glovis Sun which docked on Monday evening, but on Monday morning I received a text saying my final invoice was ready for payment - and the registration details appeared on that invoice. Is it possible that registration can take place even before the car has arrived in the country and completed the importation process?
All the details can be pre-populated but actual registration doesn't take place until delivery day.

List of Faster Payment transaction limits for each bank

wondering when we become the technical owner of the car. we are being asked to pay before the car is even in the uk. no one has checked to see if there has been any transit damage. etc. do we have any form of legal ownership starting when we pay?

I have somebody from Tesla looking into wether or not my car (collecting in 3 weeks) has passenger lumbar support. Usually it wouldn’t bother me at all but on the test drive my parter specifically singled out the lumbar feature as a great comfort for her bad back. If it happens (and it seems likely) that it wont be in my vehicle, would complaining to Tesla potentially get a retro-fit? Or would I just be completely wasting my time?