Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all gone quiet for the last week or so, since the last flurry with vin's and collection dates.

For those still without a VIN/collection date, but still expecting/hoping for an August delivery date based on when you ordered - any luck getting an update from chat or telephone in the last few days that gives you any comfort /expectation that August might still be possible, or even likelihood of being matched anytime soon...

I feel like a kid asking, 'are we there yet!'
I've been on that phase too for a month now :(
Same…. The waiting would be ok if it weren’t for the vagueness and lack of uniformity to the messages! an 8 week time frame is tough :)

For those still without a VIN/collection date, but still expecting/hoping for an August delivery date based on when you ordered - any luck getting an update from chat or telephone in the last few days that gives you any comfort /expectation that August might still be possible, or even likelihood of being matched anytime soon...
I think it has gone quiet because no more ships carrying UK vehicles have left China this week. If your vehicle isn't on GLOVIS SUPREME, which departed 6 days ago, then your delivery is going to be September rather than August.

Tesla aren't always consistent with when they allocate VINs, be that dockside, on departure or on route so some may still to be allocated on GLOVIS SUPREME.

Reactions: Achybolo
Got an update about my order today from nhsfleet - Should get SMS from Tesla in the next few weeks when vehicle will be allocated for delivery early September. No joy on referral miles though.
Thumbs up for the former, and down for the latter. What was the problem with the referral code? (I must chase the fleet company again but I'm almost resigned to hearing that they just aren't a thing any more for lease customers.)

Hi everyone, I'm new to Tesla so apologies if I'm asking something that's been answered a million times, anyway... I ordered a model 3 a week ago on Tesla's website and my order page says ''We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'' I keep seeing people talk about their VIN numbers and estimated delivery times, is this something that my order page will eventually show or could there be an issue on my side? My emails to Tesla go unanswered and their chat advisors seems to be clueless (sorry). Honestly everything seemed nice and dandy from Tesla's side right until I placed my order, once I did Tesla went all quiet

Fleet never passed it onto leasing, so they didn't use it when ordering with Tesla who said 'too late' when I asked if it could be added retrospectively.
In my case (stop me if you've heard this one before...) the code was actually passed on to leasing, who then 'forgot' to use it. Tesla told me it was too late as well (before stopping answering my emails altogether).

The NHS fleet company have promised that they (or the lease company?) will reimburse us, but we've heard nothing for about a month. Got to be worth chasing (I'm guessing, in cash terms, it could be worth about a hundred quid?)... Have the fleet company - especially as it's their fault! - said anything similar to you?

Hi everyone, I'm new to Tesla so apologies if I'm asking something that's been answered a million times, anyway... I ordered a model 3 a week ago on Tesla's website and my order page says ''We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'' I keep seeing people talk about their VIN numbers and estimated delivery times, is this something that my order page will eventually show or could there be an issue on my side? My emails to Tesla go unanswered and their chat advisors seems to be clueless (sorry). Honestly everything seemed nice and dandy from Tesla's side right until I placed my order, once I did Tesla went all quiet
Hi, and welcome to the curious world of (almost) Tesla ownership!

You are not alone. I ordered on 28th June and my order says exactly as yours does. It seems to be somewhat of a lottery as to when you get allocated a VIN and subsequent delivery date, i.e. apparently you are "matched" to your vehicle at some point between the ship leaving Shanghai and arrival in the UK.

If you head over to the "2021 Shipping Movements" thread you can follow along with all the posts regards potential ships which are heading this way and are hoped to be carrying Tesla vehicles. It's all very exciting/confusing/frustrating.

Hang in there!

Reactions: sparkymark75
Hi, and welcome to the curious world of (almost) Tesla ownership!

You are not alone. I ordered on 28th June and my order says exactly as yours does. It seems to be somewhat of a lottery as to when you get allocated a VIN and subsequent delivery date, i.e. apparently you are "matched" to your vehicle at some point between the ship leaving Shanghai and arrival in the UK.

If you head over to the "2021 Shipping Movements" thread you can follow along with all the posts regards potential ships which are heading this way and are hoped to be carrying Tesla vehicles. It's all very exciting/confusing/frustrating.

Hang in there!

Helpful, Thanks!

Reactions: NJR46