Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model 3 a week ago on Tesla's website and my order page says ''We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'
If you ordered a couple of weeks ago then the website would have advised a September delivery. Therefore don't expect an update, which should be a VIN allocation text message, for a least two or three weeks. Most people who ordered in June haven't received a VIN yet.

I've juat received a second email from tesla asking me to "Review Your Contract Hire Offer". I originally received it back on the 10th June when I first ordered it, and nothing looks to have changed on the website.

Any one seen anything similar with it being sent twice, part of me was hoping it might have been a sign a vehicle had been matched. But no other emails or SMS messages so far...

I've juat received a second email from tesla asking me to "Review Your Contract Hire Offer". I originally received it back on the 10th June when I first ordered it, and nothing looks to have changed on the website.

Any one seen anything similar with it being sent twice, part of me was hoping it might have been a sign a vehicle had been matched. But no other emails or SMS messages so far...
I’ve had that 3 times now whenever there has been an update to the order. Mine is all complete according to the website with a delivery appointment on the 18th August (I’m not entirely convinced about that to be honest) So I’m guessing it’s just an website glitch of sorts.

Maybe check the page source for a VIN as something may have triggered the email though.

I’ve had that 3 times now whenever there has been an update to the order. Mine is all complete according to the website with a delivery appointment on the 18th August (I’m not entirely convinced about that to be honest) So I’m guessing it’s just an website glitch of sorts.

Maybe check the page source for a VIN as something may have triggered the email though.
Yup, just searched the source code and have found a VIN. Can I do anything with the VIN itself to get any further info?

All I need now is a delivery date.

Hi everyone, ordered a SR+ in June via company car lease firm, got the order confirmed in mid-July with an RN. It is definitely a slightly surreal experience being in limbo! Tesla said through the website chat expecting delivery sometime in September, they seemed quite confident about this and I think the fact that the estimated delivery still says September on the website gives those of us who have already ordered some hope that will be the case!

On the referral, there was an issue with mine being applied which I followed up on with our company fleet team. Apparently it was Tesla's error in my case so they have agreed to add it post sale. I haven't actually seen this in writing so we'll see... But I think if it is your lease company that forgot it Tesla are a bit strict about applying it retrospectively so you may have to focus on trying to get something out of the lease company rather than Tesla. Good luck!

Could we have a survey of people's model, location, order date and delivery date
If we could collate that information from enough people we could have a simple view of how the wait time varies over the quarter and over time. It should be possible to make some estimates for those of us stuck in Tesla limbo.

Could we have a survey of people's model, location, order date and delivery date
If we could collate that information from enough people we could have a simple view of how the wait time varies over the quarter and over time. It should be possible to make some estimates for those of us stuck in Tesla limbo.
Maybe someone who is a veteran of the Tesla order process can write a "what to expect when you order" post and it can be pinned at the top of the forum? I know I had a lot of questions about how it all works, the answers to which you can find by searching the forums but that takes some time.

Reactions: Erol and Womble74
There's a Google Sheets list of all orders and status updates somewhere on this forum (might be on the main Tesla Model 3 section?)
I believe you mean this?

Hello. I ordered a M3SR+ in midnight silver on June 23rd 2021 for collection in Glasgow. At the time of order I was verbally told "late August or September" for delivery.

I've just received a text saying "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements..."

No future information is visible on my Tesla account.

One step nearer to getting a car. 😀